Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
As long as he doesn't go to liverpool I'd be okay not getting him(for now)
City might go full steam ahead on the Haaland train now, but with Pep only staying for 1 more year, are City as appealing without Pep being the coach?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
There is still the need for a Haaland, we would be stupid not to push. And who said CR will score 30 goals

Caesar2290

Mino Raiola will be smelling that Qatar CASH right now. He'll be 100% telling Haaland to go.

People saying he wouldn't go to such a weak league are tricking themselves. In the same month we've seen Ronaldo openly twerk for City you have to realise, for most players, football is a job. PSG will give Haaland, Haaland Sr and Raiola the money they want. He won't have to be asked twice to move.
Thing is while Haaland is ambitious, he's not stupid. He wants to play for other teams as well. He mentioned a couple of times that his dream is to play in the PL. Anyone with 2 functioning brain cells will look at how PSG have treated their star players when wanting a move, and will get the idea that they should stay away.

Unless Haaland signs a 2 year contract max(which is never happening) I don't see him going there. Why would he? The moments he does he'll have a chariman that is 10x worse than Levy who also has unlimited cash.

Mino also isn't stupid. He'll want to move his star asset a couple of times before his peak. I don't see how he'll be able to do that with PSG.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I am just amazed by how much of a twat he looks. Almost looks like a cartoon character.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
I fecking love this guy. He's so powerful and fast and his mentality is just insane.

I think his mentality is what will make him the even greater player than Mbappe and Sancho.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Sell Martial in the next 12 months. Wish Cavani well in 12 months time and bring Haaland and a DM in next summer.

Haaland is only going to benefit from spending time with Cristiano

NoPace

City might go full steam ahead on the Haaland train now, but with Pep only staying for 1 more year, are City as appealing without Pep being the coach?
They're not gonna hire Sean Dyche, are they? Not sure hiring Rodgers, Gallardo, Van Bronckhorst or Ten Hag or whoever they hire won't be Pep but I don't think it'll dissuade Haaland.

I think Madrid and City and Bayern are probably the 3 likeliest.

Getting Cristiano could hurt or help us. If we win the league or the CL that probably helps us.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Thing is while Haaland is ambitious, he's not stupid. He wants to play for other teams as well. He mentioned a couple of times that his dream is to play in the PL. Anyone with 2 functioning brain cells will look at how PSG have treated their star players when wanting a move, and will get the idea that they should stay away.

Unless Haaland signs a 2 year contract max(which is never happening) I don't see him going there. Why would he? The moments he does he'll have a chariman that is 10x worse than Levy who also has unlimited cash.

Mino also isn't stupid. He'll want to move his star asset a couple of times before his peak. I don't see how he'll be able to do that with PSG.
Pretty simple actually, don't take an extension. See Mbappe.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Sell Martial in the next 12 months. Wish Cavani well in 12 months time and bring Haaland and a DM in next summer.

Haaland is only going to benefit from spending time with Cristiano
Agreed. The kid was 6 when Ronnie was here and (like most kids) probably looked up at him. That combined with the Ole reunification, should be more than enough to give us the edge. That's assuming of course PSG don't buy him for some cartoonish fee this year.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Agreed. The kid was 6 when Ronnie was here and (like most kids) probably looked up at him. That combined with the Ole reunification, should be more than enough to give us the edge. That's assuming of course PSG don't buy him for some cartoonish fee this year.
He's also good friends with Sancho.

Re Ronaldo:

bundesliga.de: Is Cristiano Ronaldo a role model for you when it comes to nutrition?
Haaland: Yes, I've read something here and there, but I don't know if it's true. I have my own plan and do my own things with the people around me. So there is nothing that I do exactly like him because I don't know how he does it. He is a great inspiration to all of us and check him out, the man is a machine!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Well one of the reasons for not coming to United was that they weren’t sure how long ole was staying so maybe that does come into his thinking

beingshe7don

I think if we ship out Martial, James, Lingard, Mata, and Cavani, I can see Haaland joining us. We'd be left with CR7, Haaland, Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Amad, and Elanga for the front 3

Silverman

If we want him then Cristiano will only help in getting him. Play with one of the best players ever seen? I think he'd fancy that.
Ronaldo will only be here for another year at that stage which would leave us back to square one if we don't get Haaland.

Powerhouser

Supports
Bayern Munich
If you dont get Haaland it wont be because of Ronaldo, no team will say no to Haaland on a free transfer.

FreddieTheReddie

I think unless Ole has some weird 4-5-2 plan that isn't apparent then signing Ronaldo will rule out buying Haaland.
I don’t think so. Cavani are Martial will probably both leave next summer, then we have Ronaldo, Haaland and Greenwood. Maybe it would be tricky to make tham all happy but only for one year, unless Ronaldo extends. Greenwood can play RW too, and 37 year old Ronaldo won’t play every game. I think we can manage it and Haaland will be long term solution, we shouldn’t miss out.

Devil may care

I don’t think so. Cavani are Martial will probably both leave next summer, then we have Ronaldo, Haaland and Greenwood. Maybe it would be tricky to make tham all happy but only for one year, unless Ronaldo extends. Greenwood can play RW too, and 37 year old Ronaldo won’t play every game. I think we can manage it and Haaland will be long term solution, we shouldn’t miss out.
I think balancing it would be very tricky, I can't see Ronaldo wanting to ride the bench and Haaland will expect to start nearly every game and neither can play in a different position. Mason of course can play wide and given his age and the liklihood that Haaland would leave at some point he has time on his side.

theklr

Ofcourse we’ll go for him. If that was that caveat for getting Ronaldo Ole 100% would have said no

Redcy

I think United signing Ronaldo will have actually caught his attention if anything, the spending we have done this summer shows a serious desire to be at the top, 3 top class players, including a good partner and Ronaldo. I have no doubt it will be a bun fight for him next year, but we are in as good a position as we can be.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Martial and Cavani out, Haaland in? I can live with that.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Rice will be the #1 target next summer I’m sure. As he should be.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore

Music to my ears.
Im sure we will be interested in him at the buy out clause price ... that said I'm pretty sure Chelsea, Liverpool, City, Bayern, PSG and depending what happens with Mbappe even Real madrid will be as well

Given the number of potential suitors - the fact that a number of them look to need a no9 more than we do and the kind of money his agent is going to be looking for I personally don't feel its that likely he ends up with us but it will be a pleasant surprise for me if he does

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Im sure we will be interested in him at the buy out clause price ... that said I'm pretty sure Chelsea, Liverpool, City, Bayern, PSG and depending what happens with Mbappe even Real madrid will be as well

Given the number of potential suitors - the fact that a number of them look to need a no9 more than we do and the kind of money his agent is going to be looking for I personally don't feel its that likely he ends up with us but it will be a pleasant surprise for me if he does
That's a rouse, but i am also sure Mino and his dad will be asking for extravagant agent fees and signing on fees, most likely doubling the buy out clause - which is probably still ball park market value for someone of his talent tbh.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Should go for Haaland next season, even though we already have Ronado. Don't know how we could play them all together, but I don't mind to see this as our front 3. Sorry Sancho and Rashford, they can rotate with Greenwood there, or when Ronaldo need a rest.

Greenwood Haaland Ronaldo
I've heard Haaland used to idolised Ibrahimovic and Ronaldo when he was young. So maybe we have a chance.

dinostar77

Zero chance of haaland coning now we have ronaldo. Plus we will most likely buy a CDM nexts summer as well.

Marwood

I quite like the idea of not signing Haaland and making a statement. You turn us down once and that's it. Going Dortmund instead of coming here is crazy. He'd have got the same gametime here as at Dortmund and with him we might have won serious silverware.

But I'm guessing they have an overall career plan that maximises income.

Make it clear to agents they have one shot. If they don't take it they won't be getting another chance at the huge wages we bandy around.

Edit: Having Greenwood makes taking such a stance a lot easier.

Dempsey19

Zero chance of haaland coning now we have ronaldo. Plus we will most likely buy a CDM nexts summer as well.
Nonsense. Ronaldo's 36 and only here for 2 years. Martial and Cavani will go next summer and we will try bring in Haaland then to be our main striker.

It would be the stupidest decision ever to not try bring Haaland here. Haaland and CDM is doable next year.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I quite like the idea of not signing Haaland and making a statement. You turn us down once and that's it. Going Dortmund instead of coming here is crazy. He'd have got the same gametime here as at Dortmund and with him we might have won serious silverware.

Make it clear to agents they have one shot. If they don't take it they won't be getting another chance at the huge wages we bandy around.

Thank the Gods you’re not in charge. That is an insane stance.

Devil may care

Chelsea, Bayern and Real Madrid will have their Striker and Barcelona haven't got a pot to piss in.

Man Utd - Ronaldo will have 1 season left and there's mixed views on Mason's best role, we'll be in the mix.

Man City - They'll be a threat but could go back for Kane and Haaland might be wary that Pep is leaving at the end of next season.

Liverpool - i don't think their owners would stump up for him unless they sell Salah or Mane to PSG to replace Mbappe.

PSG - The biggest threat, they have a bottomless pit of money and love to show how big their dick is. Haaland should look at Mbappe's situation though, if you sign that 6 or 7 year contract you'll be there for the full duration.

Juventus - Could be an ideal short stop move before an even bigger mega move without a clause as Juve will always sell, it's whether Juve can afford the €90M that is the issue.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

Haaland turned United down because your management was a mess and he did not trust you to keep Ole and feared that he would not be first choice if a new manager would be appointed.

Now that the situation is different, Ole is clearly backed by the board and Woodward is gone the whole situation is different.

It would be stupid to close the door for someone just because he did not trust that clown Woodward.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
His clause goes down to £64m next summer, right?

I'm expecting pretty much every major club to fight for him, who knows where he will end up.

Status
Not open for further replies.