Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marwood

The interview was talking in retrospect. It was after the Dortmund transfer. There's a big fat subtext to what Alfie says in that interview, and that subtext screams Ole.

Solskjaer wasn't at all safe in his chair at that point. It's blindingly obvious that the dad of the Goal Machine was talking abt Ole and the risk of him getting booted. Also from the next passage - about the direction of a club in the last 5-10 years. While Dortmund has changed head coach pretty frequently too, it hasn't affected their direction as much as Man Utd, who has more looked like a drunk driver. And at the time of that transfer Man Utd was 8 points off a CL spot.

So team Haaland was justified in being sceptical. And the first poster summarized it quite well, but could've pointed to his source in the first place. Posters in the Caf don't point to sources much. Would make discussions more meaningful.
I think you guys have got the quote twisted. Haaland snr is saying don't move becuase of who the manager is. Which makes sense. The average manager lasts about three years.

But this isn't specific to United. You guys are turning that into Haaland not coming because Ole might not be here long term.

Totally different things.

If Haaland's camp were so concerned about managerial stability why would they go Dortmund? Using the same rational they'd turn down Madrid right? Because who knows how long a manager lasts there.

If they wanted a club where you know who the manager is going to be for the full length of the players contract, which club would that be exactly?

bosskeano

the key here as to whether or not this transfer is sustainable will be the wage demands....there is no chance United will pay the type of money per week that Ronaldo or Messi were getting at Juve and Barca.

the transfer fee is low and even a "bonus" being paid to raiola wouldn't be a deal breaker. If he's wanting over 500k per week, i just don't see that happening.

Kaos

Bore off you twats.
Chill, we have Solskjaer and his mate Sancho. We also have Ronnie :drool:. Raiola really doesn't get on well with Pep either.

The only thing that might work against us is his dad being ex Leeds and City scum who probably hates United, but his dad was also a bit of a nothing player so hopefully he plays little to no part in his decision.

Suedesi

Bayern aren’t going to spend half a billion on wages and fees only to have to deal with Raiola for the next 5 years. Its not how they run the club.
Bayern can/will spend if they have a glaring need. They spent $88m on Hernandez on transfer fees, and the salaries they pay are not exactly cheap. Neuer, Muller, Goretzka, Kimmich are very well paid.

With Lewandowski fading I can just see them jump into action.

Kaos

Bayern can/will spend if they have a glaring need. They spent $88m on Hernandez on transfer fees, and the salaries they pay are not exactly cheap. Neuer, Muller, Goretzka, Kimmich are very well paid.

I just don't see Bayern entertaining Raiola. They know he'll be trying to engineer Haaland's next move to another league soon enough and so will demand a palatable release clause which I don't see Bayern accepting. I also think Haaland would want to play in either La Liga or the Premier league and not continue playing in some second tier league.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
RM have an unbelievable amount of wages coming of their books at the end of this season.

DutchCruijff

Really don't think Haaland goes to Madrid for three reasons.

(1) Madrid have Benzema who is still a superb footballer. One cannot fit all three, Mbappe that is, in the XI.

(2) Haaland going to Madrid means limited chances to move to the EPL, which he is fond of, in his prime. Might get to the point where he could never play in the EPL.

(3) Does Haaland really want to share a team with Mbappe? Not particularly good vis a vis being the "main man" and not particularly good for his agents/marketing either, cannot have the Mbappe vs Haaland saga for the next 10 years.

That being said. We can't fit him in here anymore either. Even with a Martial and Cavani departure.

We have Greenwood, Sancho, Rashford and Ronaldo. What formation can fit Haaland in too?

He doesn't play winger and Ronaldo is suited as a CF. Sure, we could have Ronaldo-Haaland up top, not sure how it would work, but what happens to Sancho or Rashford or Greenwood or the likes of Dialo too?

And having two up top like that would mean a 352 or 442 which isn't ideal at all, especially with our personnel.

Devil may care

I definitely wouldn’t rule out Real Madrid even with them signing Mbappe next summer. They can easily play both of them in the same team - Mbappe on the right and Haaland through the middle
The things I've read say Mbappe wants to be the main man and play as the striker, if Haaland goes there that's definitely off the table as Haaland is a pure #9.

Dve

Chill, we have Solskjaer and his mate Sancho. We also have Ronnie :drool:. Raiola really doesn't get on well with Pep either.

The only thing that might work against us is his dad being ex Leeds and City scum who probably hates United, but his dad was also a bit of a nothing player so hopefully he plays little to no part in his decision.
Bear in mind that a professional footballer, born in a different town, and even a different country, may lack the ability to build up the kind of hate for a rivaling club as a local lad.

LoneStar

His clause goes down to £64m next summer, right?

I'm expecting pretty much every major club to fight for him, who knows where he will end up.
If he's asking for 600k+ in wages, there's not a whole lot of clubs who can afford gim

Pep's Suit

City had terrible, terrible 3 months so they feed their journos with nonsense how they'll sign Messi/Haaland/whoever, that's happened many times before. But the fact is they'll have £100m and possibly three positions to fill: LB, DM, ST. Of course maybe Couto or Porro will become first-team players or someone like Herrera could generate £10-15m but in the end that's not enough for Haaland. I can only imagine Real or PSG, just don't think he makes sense financially.

Suedesi

I just don't see Bayern entertaining Raiola. They know he'll be trying to engineer Haaland's next move to another league soon enough and so will demand a palatable release clause which I don't see Bayern accepting. I also think Haaland would want to play in either La Liga or the Premier league and not continue playing in some second tier league.
Wait, so you're assuming Bayern won't put up with Raiola's release clause demands but somehow we will? Bundesliga second tier league? :rolleyes:

Kaos

Wait, so you're assuming Bayern won't put up with Raiola's release clause demands but somehow we will? Bundesliga second tier league? :rolleyes:
You're not seriously suggesting its on par with the Premier league or even La Liga? Of course its second tier. And its precisely why I think Raiola will insist on a lower release clause with Bayern than a PL/La Liga club - Haaland will eventually want to move and play in one of those two leagues, and Bayern are notoriously stubborn when it comes to holding on to players they have no intention of selling.

Suedesi

You're not seriously suggesting its on par with the Premier league or even La Liga? Of course its second tier. And its precisely why I think Raiola will insist on a lower release clause with Bayern than a PL/La Liga club - Haaland will eventually want to move and play in one of those two leagues, and Bayern are notoriously stubborn when it comes to holding on to players they have no intention of selling.
What you think doesn't matter
Bundesliga is not a second tier league
Bayern have more than 10% chance of landing Haaland next year

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It really is. It's probably 4th favourite?

PL, La Liga, Seria A are all way more popular.

Don't get me wrong the Bundesliga is a good league but take Bayern out of it, and it's pretty average.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Actually, 10% is about right. I mean, 1 in 10 isn’t the worst odds. You’d have to have the English giants (mainly in Manchester) and Madrid as favorites, and PSG will be desperate after losing Mbappe.

So however you want to work out that those numbers, 10% isn’t far off. And that’s without me bothering to include Juve.

lysglimt

Scout
Haaland is so, so good and Norway is so, so bad.

Really hope we get a new manager and some new players coming up to give support to Haaland.

But the man seems to acquire new skills for every match I watch.
They should have won against Holland - so they are not SO bad. But they are SO young.

Pedersen just turned 21, Hanche-Olsen is 24, Ryerson is 23, Meling is 26, Ajer is 23, Thorsby is 25, Thorstvedt is 22, Haaland is 21, Ødegaard is 22, Norrman is 25, Berge is 23, Berg is 23, Hauge is 21, Bjørkan 23, Dønnum 23 and Sørloth 25

2/3 of our squad is 25 or younger....compare that to Sweden who generally have an average age of 30...it makes a difference.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Really don't think Haaland goes to Madrid for three reasons.

(1) Madrid have Benzema who is still a superb footballer. One cannot fit all three, Mbappe that is, in the XI.

(2) Haaland going to Madrid means limited chances to move to the EPL, which he is fond of, in his prime. Might get to the point where he could never play in the EPL.

(3) Does Haaland really want to share a team with Mbappe? Not particularly good vis a vis being the "main man" and not particularly good for his agents/marketing either, cannot have the Mbappe vs Haaland saga for the next 10 years.

That being said. We can't fit him in here anymore either. Even with a Martial and Cavani departure.

We have Greenwood, Sancho, Rashford and Ronaldo. What formation can fit Haaland in too?

He doesn't play winger and Ronaldo is suited as a CF. Sure, we could have Ronaldo-Haaland up top, not sure how it would work, but what happens to Sancho or Rashford or Greenwood or the likes of Dialo too?

And having two up top like that would mean a 352 or 442 which isn't ideal at all, especially with our personnel.
If R9, Raul, Zidane, Figo, Beckham, Ramos, Roberto Carlos can play in the same team, i am sure fitting Benzema, Mbappe and Haaland in the same team won't be an issue.

SinNombre

Dont see him getting that much to be honest. Here to be proven wrong but it seems way too far out
Griezmann is getting €800k/week from his Barca contract.

Both Neymar and Mbappe are in the 500k+ range.

He will command wages in the same ballpark.

We can clear up about 600k in wages next year with Cavani, Lingard and Martial gone.

dinostar77

The things I've read say Mbappe wants to be the main man and play as the striker, if Haaland goes there that's definitely off the table as Haaland is a pure #9.
Mbappe has said in interviews thats hes happy to play as a wide forward and thats where hensees his future rather than at no9.

dinostar77

If R9, Raul, Zidane, Figo, Beckham, Ramos, Roberto Carlos can play in the same team, i am sure fitting Benzema, Mbappe and Haaland in the same team won't be an issue.
Perez will have both mbappe and haaland in his team when bext summers window closes. A new era of galacticos begins. Darth Pogba will turn to the dark side as well and join emperor perezs empire of galacticos. The football world will shudder, but theres hope on the horizon, a small band of rebels will fight emperor perez. lingard, martial and phil jones are all that stand between emperor perez and european domination for a decade.

All is lost.....

InfiniteBoredom

Yeah cant see past Madrid now as they will have 200m burning in their pocket. Will probably offload Benzema to Juve and do a 09 redux with Mbappe, Haaland, Pogba.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Perez will have both mbappe and haaland in his team when bext summers window closes. A new era of galacticos begins. Darth Pogba will turn to the dark side as well and join emperor perezs empire of galacticos. The football world will shudder, but theres hope on the horizon, a small band of rebels will fight emperor perez. lingard, martial and phil jones are all that stand between emperor perez and european domination for a decade.

All is lost.....
That sounds really good. A reign of terror with top players reciting that their dream is to play for Madrid.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I think you guys have got the quote twisted. Haaland snr is saying don't move becuase of who the manager is. Which makes sense. The average manager lasts about three years.

But this isn't specific to United. You guys are turning that into Haaland not coming because Ole might not be here long term.

Totally different things.

If Haaland's camp were so concerned about managerial stability why would they go Dortmund? Using the same rational they'd turn down Madrid right? Because who knows how long a manager lasts there.

If they wanted a club where you know who the manager is going to be for the full length of the players contract, which club would that be exactly?
There is an important detail to this, it was mentioned in the meantime, but I forgot it in my original post so I feel I have to emphasize it again:
When there were talks between United and Haaland, it was Solskjaer who went to see him, so there was a feeling only he wanted him at United and Haaland's standing in the squad would depend mostly on him being in charge.

Dortmund did as they usually do send their DoF to discuss terms, so it was absolutely clear that his role in the squad would not depend on the coach.

SinNombre

Yeah cant see past Madrid now as they will have 200m burning in their pocket. Will probably offload Benzema to Juve and do a 09 redux with Mbappe, Haaland, Pogba.
There are no “free” transfers.

Most of that 180m “saved” will end up in Mbappe, his family and his agent’s pockets.

Let’s stop this fallacy. Maybe RM saves 25% of that €180m at best.

Caesar2290

Something about Haland has PL written all over him. Personally I think it will be down between us and City. Pool might be a dark horse in all of this.

I just don't see him spending another 3-5 years in th BL. Haland likes a challenge, and nothing is more challenging than playing in the PL right now.
RM have an unbelievable amount of wages coming of their books at the end of this season.
They will be taken by Mbape and... Pogba:nervous:

Redcy

I think the only thing that could take him to Real Madrid might be the lure of Ballon D'Ors. I have always had the feeling the the Ballon D'Or doesn't look like coming to many PL players, but that might be as much to do with Ronaldo/Messi.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think the only thing that could take him to Real Madrid might be the lure of Ballon D'Ors. I have always had the feeling the the Ballon D'Or doesn't look like coming to many PL players, but that might be as much to do with Ronaldo/Messi.
It’s up to the PL clubs to assemble teams that can dominate Europe like the Spanish did. That’s all it is. Ambition and lots and lots of money. We got lucky with Ronaldo to an extent as he was so cheap but there would have been no PL club in for him at 80 million and 400k a week and off he went to dominate the game. English teams need to stop giving the Spanish clubs a free run at your Neymar Ronaldo Haaland Mbapoe type players and take the financial risk and that’s where their domination will hopefully end for a while. How boring would it be to see Real pick up Camavinga Haaland and Mbappe and start the same cycle over again. For every Ronaldo there’s a Greizmann… you have to be careful. But it’s pretty obvious Camavinga Haaland and Mbappe are all quality and actually available on sensible/free transfer fees.

Marwood

There is an important detail to this, it was mentioned in the meantime, but I forgot it in my original post so I feel I have to emphasize it again:
When there were talks between United and Haaland, it was Solskjaer who went to see him, so there was a feeling only he wanted him at United and Haaland's standing in the squad would depend mostly on him being in charge.

Dortmund did as they usually do send their DoF to discuss terms, so it was absolutely clear that his role in the squad would not depend on the coach.
How do you know this stuff? How Haaland felt about who he met from each club.

It just seems kind of irrelevant to me. If anything, as a player, I'd rather meet the guy who's going to select me or not.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

So DoF picks the team every match day?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Dont see him getting that much to be honest. Here to be proven wrong but it seems way too far out
I doubt he is asking for anthing, its Raiola negotiating numbers and telling Haaland what he's managed to get him.

peridigm

Can only see this move happen if we let go Martial, Cavani and Pogba. Not sure this is worth it especially Ronaldo will still be here.
Cavani is definitely leaving next summer. Martial too unless he has some amazing turnaround this season. I have a feeling Pogba will extend. We'll know in January though as he will most likely start talking to other clubs and agree a deal early if he is dead setup on leaving. If he's not sure or wants to wait until we win something, he may not do anything until closer to the end of the season.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Ramos was a baby in 2005.

Ronaldo, Raul, Zidane, Figo and Beckham has never really worked.

Benzema, Haaland and Mbappe can't play together in a normal system or most matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.