Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
His clause goes down to £64m next summer, right?

I'm expecting pretty much every major club to fight for him, who knows where he will end up.
It does not go down, it only is existing then.

The amount is a bit unclear, most reports I know mention 75m€ like you do, some mostly newer reports go up to 100m€.

I am not sure which number you can trust, it might be that there are some clauses in his contract that increased that amount, that would be the only way I can see how all reports could be correct.

Marwood

Thank the Gods you’re not in charge. That is an insane stance.
Haha maybe you're right. Although with the exception of Shearer this is how Fergie did it. If a player turned him down they didn't get a second bite of the cherry. Was Fergie insane?

I think it sends a good message out. We won't be part of this agent managed, income maximising career path that's becoming a trend.

Haaland turned United down because your management was a mess and he did not trust you to keep Ole and feared that he would not be first choice if a new manager would be appointed.

Now that the situation is different, Ole is clearly backed by the board and Woodward is gone the whole situation is different.

It would be stupid to close the door for someone just because he did not trust that clown Woodward.
That's an incredible level of insight you have there. Access to the inner workings of Erling Haaland's mind.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp

The amount is a bit unclear, most reports I know mention 75m€ like you do, some mostly newer reports go up to 100m€.

I am not sure which number you can trust, it might be that there are some clauses in his contract that increased that amount, that would be the only way I can see how all reports could be correct.
Ah yeah I should have written that no clause is in place as of now (hence £150m was spoken about a lot for this summer), but there will be one for next summer at 75-100m euros.

Either way, for the current market you get a brilliant player.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Haha maybe you're right. Although with the exception of Shearer this is how Fergie did it. If a player turned him down they didn't get a second bite of the cherry. Was Fergie insane?

I think it sends a good message out. We won't be part of this agent managed, income maximising career path that's becoming a trend.
So when Bellingham’s agent starts shopping him around in a couple years we tell him to go stuff himself?

No, you bend over backwards to sign him and you’d be 100% correct to do so.

peridigm

I saw a recent tweet by someone, Sky maybe, that his release clause is 75m plus bonuses. I read that as who is going to pay his agent the most to get Haaland to sign for them.

Marwood

So when Bellingham’s agent starts shopping him around in a couple years we tell him to go stuff himself?

No, you bend over backwards to sign him and you’d be 100% correct to do so.
I would tell him to do one yeah. He had his chance and there are plenty of other players. Make a stance. Next time that agent has a wonderkid they might think twice.

I know plenty believe a move to Dortmund is about playing time. To some extent it's true. However I think its more about making money for the agent and family.

BarstoolProphet

OGS gushing over Haaland in Norwegian papers before the match against Netherlands saying among other things that he would have been the perfect strike partner for him if they were playing in the same era.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I would tell him to do one yeah. He had his chance and there are plenty of other players. Make a stance. Next time that agent has a wonderkid they might think twice.

I know plenty believe a move to Dortmund is about playing time. To some extent it's true. However I think its more about making money for the agent and family.
Apparently Dortmund even offered higher wages as well as a spot in the first team to Bellingham, while United was only interested in getting a squad option.

Why should any player in the world go to United under these circumstances? For me it would be a huge warning sign when a player is happy sitting on the bench, when he alternatively could play in the CL.

Marwood

Apparently Dortmund even offered higher wages as well as a spot in the first team to Bellingham, while United was only interested in getting a squad option.

Why should any player in the world go to United under these circumstances? For me it would be a huge warning sign when a player is happy sitting on the bench, when he alternatively could play in the CL.
Do you think we said to Bellingham "you'll be a squad option." Where does this info come from?

I don't think so. I very much doubt when any player is signed he's given some kind of official squad status. Player gets signed and then its upto them, how they perform, that gets them in the team or not.

For a player in his position it was an incredible opportunity to go and start for one of the worlds biggest clubs. Certainly biggest in England. To turn that down, as an Englishman, is nuts. But his family and agent know that a £27 million move to United would probably be his only big move. Where as instead they make that move to Dortmund then a few years later move again for huge money.

Maybe I'm sceptical but it reeks of making the most money possible.

Same scenario for Haaland. He doesn't need to develop at Dortmund. He could have been starting for us all last season.

Its upto them what they prioritise. But I think as a club it's better we make it clear we're not part of that game.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

100%

And in the end, he's shown to be completely justified because he's really raised his value over that time and then he can always choose to come to United under a much higher status.

RetroStu

Its alright talking about this 75mil release clause next year, but there will be clubs offering like 100mil signing on fee.
This will probably end up close to a 200mil buy regardless of his release clause.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Its alright talking about this 75mil release clause next year, but there will be clubs offering like 100mil signing on fee.
This will probably end up close to a 200mil buy regardless of his release clause.
There was a quote in the Transfer thread that Man City and Chelsea were told 500M pounds over 5 years for transfer, wage, and agent fees. I think it is going to be way up there when the bidding war starts.

Pep's Suit

No chance City get him. You will need to be aggressive, have good relationship with Raiola and offer more than any other club so I can only imagine PSG or Real. If his price drops from €200m to €75m next summer his team is still gonna ask for another €100m+ in sign-on bonus+agent fee+money for his dad and you can add another €500k+ p/w in wages.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Only clubs that don't really have any commitment to wage structure - basically PSG and Real, given that Barca will still be in the shit financially - will end up truly competing for him. The price will be so high in terms of wages and signing on fee that even very wealthy clubs like United and City won't go there in the end because it would completely throw their wage structures out of whack.

I would not be surprised if between the wages and an amortized signing on fee Haaland ends up getting like 60-70m per year over the course of a 5 year deal. Both him and Mbappe will get megadeals, compensation packages that only Messi, Ronaldo, and maybe Neymar have previously surpassed.

RedDevilRoshi

Chelsea, Bayern and Real Madrid will have their Striker and Barcelona haven't got a pot to piss in.

Man Utd - Ronaldo will have 1 season left and there's mixed views on Mason's best role, we'll be in the mix.

Man City - They'll be a threat but could go back for Kane and Haaland might be wary that Pep is leaving at the end of next season.

Liverpool - i don't think their owners would stump up for him unless they sell Salah or Mane to PSG to replace Mbappe.

PSG - The biggest threat, they have a bottomless pit of money and love to show how big their dick is. Haaland should look at Mbappe's situation though, if you sign that 6 or 7 year contract you'll be there for the full duration.

Juventus - Could be an ideal short stop move before an even bigger mega move without a clause as Juve will always sell, it's whether Juve can afford the €90M that is the issue.
I definitely wouldn’t rule out Real Madrid even with them signing Mbappe next summer. They can easily play both of them in the same team - Mbappe on the right and Haaland through the middle

SAF is the GOAT

I definitely wouldn’t rule out Real Madrid even with them signing Mbappe next summer. They can easily play both of them in the same team - Mbappe on the right and Haaland through the middle
I wouldn't rule them either
Kylian Mbappe will go for free next year, Pogba will go for free next year, they already have Camabinga and the money they wanted to spend on Mbappe they could spend it next year on Haaland.

hungryhippo

Haaland is so, so good and Norway is so, so bad.

Really hope we get a new manager and some new players coming up to give support to Haaland.

But the man seems to acquire new skills for every match I watch.

Matriac

Do you think we said to Bellingham "you'll be a squad option." Where does this info come from?

I don't think so. I very much doubt when any player is signed he's given some kind of official squad status. Player gets signed and then its upto them, how they perform, that gets them in the team or not.

For a player in his position it was an incredible opportunity to go and start for one of the worlds biggest clubs. Certainly biggest in England. To turn that down, as an Englishman, is nuts. But his family and agent know that a £27 million move to United would probably be his only big move. Where as instead they make that move to Dortmund then a few years later move again for huge money.

Maybe I'm sceptical but it reeks of making the most money possible.

Same scenario for Haaland. He doesn't need to develop at Dortmund. He could have been starting for us all last season.

Its upto them what they prioritise. But I think as a club it's better we make it clear we're not part of that game.
It was pretty widely reported that Dortmund promised Bellingham regular starts, and offered higher salary.

As much as we wanted him we weren't going to promise a 16 year old regular starts in our midfield, in a tougher league. Nor would we break the wage structure for youth talents.
Bellingham wouldn't even get regular starts for us now, maybe in another year, two more likely.

Haaland had a shorter route of development, but still it was a safer bet for him to go to Dortmund, big fish in a small pond, guaranteed attention in a club that unlike us had finished in top4 for CL much more regularly.

Would it have been better for us if they picked us earlier? Yeah, sure. Would it have been better for them? Not really. Fewer guarantees at least.

SAF is the GOAT

If you take in consideration of his high wages demands, Raiola's commission and his father commission - you can go to 150m euro's easy

The Purley King

Haaland will cost someone £80m per year minimum over the course of a 5 year contract.
Wages of minimum £600-700k per week, initial transfer fee + signing on fee + raiola’s cut + raiola’s gold fish’s cut + loyalty bonus + add ons + all the other bollocks
That will easily add up to £400m in my opinion.

The low release clause means nothing in practical terms.

It’s for the same reason Madrid were bidding £180m for mbappe this year.

For the club it all works out to be roughly the same amount just gets divvied up differently.

Marwood

His father pretty much said so in an interview after they signed for Dortmund.
You think Haaland snr is ever going to say the truth of the matter? If you think he is telling the truth then presumably we've no chance of getting him next summer for the same reason?

And ultimately Ole is still here. The manager he signed for at Dortmund was sacked.

I don't think any player signs for a club confident the current manager will always be there while they are.

It was pretty widely reported that Dortmund promised Bellingham regular starts, and offered higher salary.

As much as we wanted him we weren't going to promise a 16 year old regular starts in our midfield, in a tougher league. Nor would we break the wage structure for youth talents.
Bellingham wouldn't even get regular starts for us now, maybe in another year, two more likely.

Haaland had a shorter route of development, but still it was a safer bet for him to go to Dortmund, big fish in a small pond, guaranteed attention in a club that unlike us had finished in top4 for CL much more regularly.

Would it have been better for us if they picked us earlier? Yeah, sure. Would it have been better for them? Not really. Fewer guarantees at least.
Nobody gets promised starts though when signing. I mean some guys, like Ronaldo, know they'll be starting. But do you think when Ronaldo first arrived we promised he'd be a regular? Course not. You can't give such assurances, it depends on performance. You play your way in.

I think Bellingham would have got game time because he's way beyond his years, like Mason. We started an 18 year old Brandon Williams. Bellingham would certainly be starting now.

Obviously upto them. They'll no doubt get big moves in the future, earn themselves and their families huge money by doing it this way. So I get it. I just like the idea of United making it clear our money and offer won't be around forever.

ti vu

Haaland is so, so good and Norway is so, so bad.

Really hope we get a new manager and some new players coming up to give support to Haaland.

But the man seems to acquire new skills for every match I watch.
Perhaps they should try to appoint Ole? :angel::wenger:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I never believed the Haaland to City thing and to some extent I still don't-

However, the One thing that has me worried is that Pep has said that 2023 will be his last year at City for a break.

It makes me wonder if Pep might say - eff it, I will buy Haaland and see what it brings because even if it doesn't suit Pep, it may suit their next manager in the following year.

Haaland gets to move to a DNA club, gets to try Pep for a year before a new manager aswell.

On the contrary- you look at Ole and him absolutely buying superstars from Varane, Bruno, Ronaldo, Sancho with players like Greenwood, Pogba, Maguire at the disposal- you do think Haaland to United looks a bit more realistic.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

That's an incredible level of insight you have there. Access to the inner workings of Erling Haaland's mind.

To be fair, Alf Inge Haaland cited concerns about who would be the manager going forward re: Manchester United in an interview after signing for Dortmund so the guy you're replying to isn't making that up.

Here's the actual snippet:

"The striker's dad did warn against his son choosing a team based solely on the coach though, adding, "You have to go to a club where the whole club wants you, not just the coach.

"I think that's the most important thing, in addition to how the club has been over the last five or ten years and what direction they've taken.

"Because it's dangerous to just sign for a coach, because he can suddenly be sacked."

As everyone knows, Ole did meet with Haaland and his entourage in Austria before he signed for Dortmund. From what most reputable sources reports, Haaland did want to sign for Manchester United, but the release clause engineered by Raiola was always a no go for Manchester United, as it should be.

If we have a successful season where the club moves in the right direction, and if the club wants to sign Erling Haaland, Erling Haaland will come to Manchester United. It depends on how much money Raiola wants to command as his agent fee, because that might be a stumbling block we're not able to overcome. Ole and Erling Haaland don't have the same bond as Sir Alex and Ronaldo does, but Haaland and Solskjaer seniors have been friends for decades, if that connection means anything at all when deciding the next destination, that is as good as it can get.

cyberman

Sir Alex chased a few players? Blanc turned him down about 246 times before finally joining. VDS to Juve, Batistuta.. 90s is full of them

Marwood

To be fair, Alf Inge Haaland cited concerns about who would be the manager going forward re: Manchester United in an interview after signing for Dortmund so the guy you're replying to isn't making that up.

Here's the actual snippet:

"The striker's dad did warn against his son choosing a team based solely on the coach though, adding, "You have to go to a club where the whole club wants you, not just the coach.

"I think that's the most important thing, in addition to how the club has been over the last five or ten years and what direction they've taken.

"Because it's dangerous to just sign for a coach, because he can suddenly be sacked."

As everyone knows, Ole did meet with Haaland and his entourage in Austria before he signed for Dortmund. From what most reputable sources reports, Haaland did want to sign for Manchester United, but the release clause engineered by Raiola was always a no go for Manchester United, as it should be.

If we have a successful season where the club moves in the right direction, and if the club wants to sign Erling Haaland, Erling Haaland will come to Manchester United. It depends on how much money Raiola wants to command as his agent fee, because that might be a stumbling block we're not able to overcome. Ole and Erling Haaland don't have the same bond as Sir Alex and Ronaldo does, but Haaland and Solskjaer seniors have been friends for decades, if that connection means anything at all when deciding the next destination, that is as good as it can get.
The poster didn't quite summarise it that way though. They said Haaland didn't sign because we might sack Ole in the near future.

From that quote it's clear that's not what was said. His dad is saying you don't sign because of who the manager is. Which makes sense and is the point I made earlier.

Haaland won't be put off by the possibility of Ole getting sacked because there's a high chance the manager will be sacked wherever he goes. Which I think is what Haaland snr is saying in that quote.

Dyslexic Untied

He was on last night. Norway didn't have much of the ball against Holland, but he broke through two or three times (scoring one, missing another big chance) and his movement and presence was good all night. He was a handful even for van Dijk.

FromTheBench

PSG will loose Mbappe next summer and offer the moon for Haaland.

If money is main factor Psg will get him. No competition.

troylocker

PSG will loose Mbappe next summer and offer the moon for Haaland.

If money is main factor Psg will get him. No competition.
Good thing it isn't. France is 0% his next destination and would be a career-killer of a move. PL or La Liga are the only two alternatives.

Pirlo'sBeard

He'll be at Real Madrid next season.

They'll have the new stadium and Mbappe + Haaland will be the first major galactico signings.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Bore off you twats.
:lol: City won’t have a chance, especially if the next manager isn’t decided.

If United are in for him, City are out the picture as has been proven time and time again.

If I was offering odds I’d say

1/5 - PSG
Evens - Real Madrid
2/1 - United

Nobody else better than 10/1.

11 forwards

Supports
Rosenborg
The poster didn't quite summarise it that way though. They said Haaland didn't sign because we might sack Ole in the near future.

From that quote it's clear that's not what was said. His dad is saying you don't sign because of who the manager is. Which makes sense and is the point I made earlier.

Haaland won't be put off by the possibility of Ole getting sacked because there's a high chance the manager will be sacked wherever he goes. Which I think is what Haaland snr is saying in that quote.
The interview was talking in retrospect. It was after the Dortmund transfer. There's a big fat subtext to what Alfie says in that interview, and that subtext screams Ole.

Solskjaer wasn't at all safe in his chair at that point. It's blindingly obvious that the dad of the Goal Machine was talking abt Ole and the risk of him getting booted. Also from the next passage - about the direction of a club in the last 5-10 years. While Dortmund has changed head coach pretty frequently too, it hasn't affected their direction as much as Man Utd, who has more looked like a drunk driver. And at the time of that transfer Man Utd was 8 points off a CL spot.

So team Haaland was justified in being sceptical. And the first poster summarized it quite well, but could've pointed to his source in the first place. Posters in the Caf don't point to sources much. Would make discussions more meaningful.

Last edited:

HackeyC

He is worth a tier 1 salary regardless and the transfer fee is presumably in the region of £100m all in inc agents fees. If he stayed for 3 season and then moved to Madrid we would likely recoup £150m+. With a wage of £40m per year that is workable and close to a no brainer. If he stays beyond 3 years it's probably because you are winning trophies so the cost is a non issue.

Suedesi

:lol: City won’t have a chance, especially if the next manager isn’t decided.

If United are in for him, City are out the picture as has been proven time and time again.

If I was offering odds I’d say

1/5 - PSG
Evens - Real Madrid
2/1 - United

Nobody else better than 10/1.
Bayern Munich would have shorter odds than 10/1

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Bayern Munich would have shorter odds than 10/1
Bayern aren’t going to spend half a billion on wages and fees only to have to deal with Raiola for the next 5 years. Its not how they run the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.