Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Watzke completely glossing over the point that Dortmund offered a better long term position financially because they’re prepared to be act as a stepping stone.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
If ever there was a player we absolutely do not need and will not get, its Erling Haaland.

Generational talent he may be, but there's no fecking hope he ends up at MUFC.

UTD_Since_1978

Couldn't help but notice that unless Norway beat Holland that Norway will not be in the 2022 WC, so he will be one of the rare top talents that will not be playing in the WC next year which should benefit any club that signs him for 22/23 season.

troylocker

Overall speaking, they are producing very similar numbers over past couple of years though. Let’s take the past 2-3 years for example, when Haaland is in amazing goalscoring form, and compare with the declining Ronaldo at age 34-36.

From 19-21: ( all competitions)

Ronaldo - 109 goals in 127 games (72 in 91 for Juventus, 6 in 8 for Man Utd, 30 in 28 for Portugal)

Haaland - 110 goals in 106 games (28 in 22 for Red Bull, 70 in 69 for Dortmund, 12 in 15 for Norway)

Haaland does have more goals in CL, but Ronaldo has more goals in better leagues and international tournament. Overall there’s not much difference between the two in terms of numbers over recent years, especially if we also consider the level of football and teams they are playing, Ronaldo record look even more impressive.
I know this is an old one now, but I'll still throw in some more meat on this one, because stating that the numbers are similar just isn't very accurate.

Serie A has on average been weaker than Bundesliga the last 3 and a half seasons and is only ranked 3rd on the grace of a strong 17/18 season in Europe. Juve and Dortmund plays in leagues where the top teams (- Bayern) scores a similar number of goals per game. Atalanta scores more than Dortmund per game for instance.

To put some more meat on the numbers you presented:

Ronaldo 19/20, 20/21 and 21/22 season all comps:
109 goals (31 penalties) and 14 assists in 11026 minutes - 141 minutes per non-penalty goal, 120 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution in all comps for club and country.
Champions League
: 13 goals (3 penalties) and 3 assists in 1524 minutes - 152 minutes per non-penalty goal, 117 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution

Haaland 19/20, 20/21 and 21/22 season all comps:

110 goals (11 penalties) and 27 assists in 8406 minutes - 85 minutes per non-penalty goal, 67 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution in all comps for club and country.
Champions League
: 21 goals (3 penalties) and 3 assists in 1436 minutes - 80 minutes per non-penalty goal, 68 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution

Can you see how the "all comps" numbers translates to the CL numbers?

Expected goals in league games in the same timeframe:

Ronaldo has had an xG in the Serie A and PL of 63,88 goals - He has scored 64.
Haaland has had an xG in the Bundesliga of 38,74 since he joined Dortmund - he has scored 49, outscoring his expected goals by 26,5%

Ronaldo's numbers are extremely impressive for a 34-36 year old, but they are not even close to the numbers Haaland has delivered the last 2 years.

You can't just translate how one players numbers in one league changes when he moves to another league, because there is so many factors palying in. Haaland for instance brings a lot more physique than your examples (Sancho and Werner). And who knows, maybe both these players will come good with some more time or would thrive at a different club in the PL.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I know this is an old one now, but I'll still throw in some more meat on this one, because stating that the numbers are similar just isn't very accurate.

Serie A has on average been weaker than Bundesliga the last 3 and a half seasons and is only ranked 3rd on the grace of a strong 17/18 season in Europe. Juve and Dortmund plays in leagues where the top teams (- Bayern) scores a similar number of goals per game. Atalanta scores more than Dortmund per game for instance.

To put some more meat on the numbers you presented:

Ronaldo 19/20, 20/21 and 21/22 season all comps:
109 goals (31 penalties) and 14 assists in 11026 minutes - 141 minutes per non-penalty goal, 120 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution in all comps for club and country.
Champions League
: 13 goals (3 penalties) and 3 assists in 1524 minutes - 152 minutes per non-penalty goal, 117 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution

Haaland 19/20, 20/21 and 21/22 season all comps:

110 goals (11 penalties) and 27 assists in 8406 minutes - 85 minutes per non-penalty goal, 67 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution in all comps for club and country.
Champions League
: 21 goals (3 penalties) and 3 assists in 1436 minutes - 80 minutes per non-penalty goal, 68 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution

Can you see how the "all comps" numbers translates to the CL numbers?

Expected goals in league games in the same timeframe:

Ronaldo has had an xG in the Serie A and PL of 63,88 goals - He has scored 64.
Haaland has had an xG in the Bundesliga of 38,74 since he joined Dortmund - he has scored 49, outscoring his expected goals by 26,5%

Ronaldo's numbers are extremely impressive for a 34-36 year old, but they are not even close to the numbers Haaland has delivered the last 2 years.

You can't just translate how one players numbers in one league changes when he moves to another league, because there is so many factors palying in. Haaland for instance brings a lot more physique than your examples (Sancho and Werner). And who knows, maybe both these players will come good with some more time or would thrive at a different club in the PL.
It really depends how you analysis it, especially when we are comparing goals in different league and context. And I am not biggest supporter in XG stats in comparing best goalscorer, as it hides many key attributes of players, such as off ball movement or decision making behind which lead to goalscoring chances etc. Which means being more clinical with expected goals isn’t the only factor of being better goalscorer, rather movement, decision making or even scoring unexpected goals also plays huge part, and that’s where XG stats failed IMO when comparing goalscorer with XG only.

I think you also need to take into account that 28 of Haaland goals are scored for Red Bull in very poor Austrian league too, even though Ronaldo did score 20 more penalties goals overall. So it’s kind of even out in the end.

And of course, Dortmund plays with more open attack system which benefits attacking player more, as compared to Juventus defensive style, or Man Utd disjointed football. As you see how attacking players like Sancho suffered severely under our football in PL as compared to his brilliant form/performance/output under Dortmund attacking system. Maybe Haaland would be the exception, but we don’t know that yet.

It’s very hard to factor everything equally, as it’s not even apple to apple comparison.

Overall I’d say Ronaldo and Haaland goalscoring output has been “similar/comparable” over past 2-3 years, with Haaland have better CL numbers, and Ronaldo having better international nunbers.

If penalty is the biggest thing in you mind, don’t forget Ronaldo scored 9 goals for us this season under very disjointed system, and none of them are penalties. I just don’t think Haaland can do better than that under our current disjointed system with very little chances created for him, to be very honest.

If CL goals is more important for you, don’t forget Ronaldo scored far more CL goals this season than Haaland (5 vs 1).

Last edited:

troylocker

It really depends how you analysis it, especially when we are comparing goals in different league and context. And I am not biggest supporter in XG stats in comparing best goalscorer, as it hides many key attributes of players, such as off ball movement or decision making behind which lead to goalscoring chances etc. Which means being more clinical with expected goals isn’t the only factor of being better goalscorer, rather movement, decision making or even scoring unexpected goals also plays huge part, and that’s where XG stats failed IMO when comparing goalscorer with XG only.

I think you also need to take into account that 28 of Haaland goals are scored for Red Bull in very poor Austrian league too, even though Ronaldo did score 20 more penalties goals overall. So it’s kind of even out in the end.

And of course, Dortmund plays with more open attack system which benefits attacking player more, as compared to Juventus defensive style, or Man Utd disjointed football. As you see how attacking players like Sancho suffered severely under our football in PL as compared to his brilliant form/performance/output under Dortmund attacking system. Maybe Haaland would be the exception, but we don’t know that yet.

It’s very hard to factor everything equally, as it’s not even apple to apple comparison.

Overall I’d say Ronaldo and Haaland goalscoring output has been “similar/comparable” over past 2-3 years, with Haaland have better CL numbers, and Ronaldo having better international nunbers.

If penalty is the biggest thing in you mind, don’t forget Ronaldo scored 9 goals for us this season under very disjointed system, and none of them are penalties. I just don’t think Haaland can do better than that under our current disjointed system with very little chances created for him, to be very honest.

If CL goals is more important for you, don’t forget Ronaldo scored far more CL goals this season than Haaland (5 vs 1).
You abviously haven't understood my reason for bringing up the xG-numbers. I wasn't comparing their xGs, I was comparing their output vs their xGs. How much you actually score compared with your xG tells how good your finishing is and your ability to convert chances into goals. If your goaltally is equal to your xG - you're an average top flight finisher. Ronaldo scores some wondergoals for sure, but his averall finishing isn't all that anymore. He misses A LOT of chances.

Let's take Haaland's stats from domestic competitions in Astria out of the equation (Leaving only numbers from CL, Dortmund and NT):

Haaland 19/20, 20/21 and 21/22 season all comps except domestic competitions in Austria:
90 goals (9 penalties) and 21 assists in 7296 minutes - 90 minutes per non-penalty goal, 71 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution in all comps for club and country.
Champions League

It's not similar at all. For every 25 goals from open play Ronaldo scores, Haaland scores 40 and for every assist Ronaldo gives his teammates, Haaland does it twice according their numbers.
Ronaldo has missed 20% of his penalties in his career, Haaland has missed 10%.

Haaland vs. Ronaldo this season all comps for club and country (since 1st of August):

Haaland: 18 goals (4 pens) and 4 assists in 1164 minutes - 83 minutes/non-penalty goal and 65 minutes/non-penalty goal contribution
Ronaldo: 15 goals (2 pens) and 1 assists in 1421 minutes - 109 minutes/non-penalty goal and 102 minutes/non-penalty goal contribution

Not similar at all. Not even close actually. Do you really mean that Ronaldo's performances the last 2 years are on the same level as Haalands?

If you compare these number with Ronaldo at the El Galacticos (Real Madrid) and Messi at Barca (Maybe the best ever 11) when the the clubs totally dominated world football, you might get surprised:

Ronaldo 09-18 seasons all comps for Real Madrid:
450 goals (79 penalties) and 132 assists in 37833 minutes - 102 minutes per non-penalty goal, 74 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution in all comps for club and country.
Champions League (Real Madrid)
: 105 goals (14 penalties) and 31 assists in 9018 minutes - 99 minutes per non-penalty goal, 74 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution

Messi 04-21 seasons all comps for Barca:
672 goals (85 penalties) and 301 assists in 63507 minutes - 108 minutes per non-penalty goal, 72 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution in all comps for club and country.
Champions League (Barca)
: 120 goals (16 penalties) and 41 assists in 12332 minutes - 119 minutes per non-penalty goal, 85 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution

That Haalands numbers for Dortmund and CL at 19, 20 and 21 years old is better than Messi's at Barca and Ronaldo's at Real Madrid should get the your attention....

Just for fun:
Lewandowski (22-26 years old) 10-14 seasons all comps for Dortmund (2 x Bundesliga champions and 2 x runner up):
103 goals (7 penalties) and 42 assists in 14374 minutes - 150 minutes per non-penalty goal, 104 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution in all comps for club and country.
Champions League (dortmund)
: 17 goals (2 penalties) and 7 assists in 2421 minutes - 161 minutes per non-penalty goal, 110 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution

What Haaland has been doing the last couple of years is nothing short of sensational!
I would take him over any player in the world.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
You abviously haven't understood my reason for bringing up the xG-numbers. I wasn't comparing their xGs, I was comparing their output vs their xGs. How much you actually score compared with your xG tells how good your finishing is and your ability to convert chances into goals. If your goaltally is equal to your xG - you're an average top flight finisher. Ronaldo scores some wondergoals for sure, but his averall finishing isn't all that anymore. He misses A LOT of chances.

Let's take Haaland's stats from domestic competitions in Astria out of the equation (Leaving only numbers from CL, Dortmund and NT):

Haaland 19/20, 20/21 and 21/22 season all comps except domestic competitions in Austria:
90 goals (9 penalties) and 21 assists in 7296 minutes - 90 minutes per non-penalty goal, 71 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution in all comps for club and country.
Champions League

It's not similar at all. For every 25 goals from open play Ronaldo scores, Haaland scores 40 and for every assist Ronaldo gives his teammates, Haaland does it twice according their numbers.
Ronaldo has missed 20% of his penalties in his career, Haaland has missed 10%.

Haaland vs. Ronaldo this season all comps for club and country (since 1st of August):

Haaland: 18 goals (4 pens) and 4 assists in 1164 minutes - 83 minutes/non-penalty goal and 65 minutes/non-penalty goal contribution
Ronaldo: 15 goals (2 pens) and 1 assists in 1421 minutes - 109 minutes/non-penalty goal and 102 minutes/non-penalty goal contribution

Not similar at all. Not even close actually. Do you really mean that Ronaldo's performances the last 2 years are on the same level as Haalands?

If you compare these number with Ronaldo at the El Galacticos (Real Madrid) and Messi at Barca (Maybe the best ever 11) when the the clubs totally dominated world football, you might get surprised:

Ronaldo 09-18 seasons all comps for Real Madrid:
450 goals (79 penalties) and 132 assists in 37833 minutes - 102 minutes per non-penalty goal, 74 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution in all comps for club and country.
Champions League (Real Madrid)
: 105 goals (14 penalties) and 31 assists in 9018 minutes - 99 minutes per non-penalty goal, 74 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution

Messi 04-21 seasons all comps for Barca:
672 goals (85 penalties) and 301 assists in 63507 minutes - 108 minutes per non-penalty goal, 72 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution in all comps for club and country.
Champions League (Barca)
: 120 goals (16 penalties) and 41 assists in 12332 minutes - 119 minutes per non-penalty goal, 85 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution

That Haalands numbers for Dortmund and CL at 19, 20 and 21 years old is better than Messi's at Barca and Ronaldo's at Real Madrid should get the your attention....

Just for fun:
Lewandowski (22-26 years old) 10-14 seasons all comps for Dortmund (2 x Bundesliga champions and 2 x runner up):
103 goals (7 penalties) and 42 assists in 14374 minutes - 150 minutes per non-penalty goal, 104 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution in all comps for club and country.
Champions League (dortmund)
: 17 goals (2 penalties) and 7 assists in 2421 minutes - 161 minutes per non-penalty goal, 110 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution

What Haaland has been doing the last couple of years is nothing short of sensational!
I would take him over any player in the world.
I hear what you saying, but I don’t think you understand what I am saying to be honest. I’ll just sum it up in shorter points for you, just from another perspective you haven’t quite look into yet:

1. XG stats are good way to analysis how clinical is the player’s finishing, but it totally ignores other goalscoring attributes such as movements, creating own space for shooting, and decision making etc.

2. Dortmund plays with open attack system, as opposed to Juventus defensive approach or Man Utd disjointed system, which favours attackers more.

3. Haaland has been great over past 2-3 years, I am not denying that. But remember, in Germany Lewandowski is even much better in terms of numbers. It’s BL afterall, not PL or LL. It just isn’t the same thing, we will have to see. Sancho, Werner, Havertz can’t even produce 1/3 as good in PL, remember.

4. Yes Haaland has been amazing in CL, so, my money will be on him being the best striker in the world over next 10 years, hopefully.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Anyone thinking we shouldn't be after Haaland because we've got 37 year old Ronaldo is mental.

Gehrman

true... though anyone thinking we shouldn't be after haaland because we have a 37 year old Ronaldo and a 20 year old mason Greenwood has a point I think
I consider it a bit like sacking the manager in time to get a better one. Haaland is the best young striker in years. Losing out on him if we have a chance would be moronic.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I consider it a bit like sacking the manager in time to get a better one. Haaland is the best young striker in years. Losing out on him if we have a chance would be moronic.
Prioritising him or not are both justifiable opinions based on how much added value you will get out of him (vs Ronaldo and Greenwood) and at what cost its a subjective assessment and I can see people assessing the same data and quite justifiably and logically arriving at separate conclusions based on how they rate the players, their forward projection of what each player will contribute over the next few seasons, the costs involved and how that may impact the ability to address other areas of concern in the team ... I certainly wouldnt think somebody moronic just because they weighed those variables differently

troylocker

Prioritising him or not are both justifiable opinions based on how much added value you will get out of him (vs Ronaldo and Greenwood) and at what cost its a subjective assessment and I can see people assessing the same data and quite justifiably and logically arriving at separate conclusions based on how they rate the players, their forward projection of what each player will contribute over the next few seasons, the costs involved and how that may impact the ability to address other areas of concern in the team ... I certainly wouldnt think somebody moronic just because they weighed those variables differently
Mason Greenwood has played 33 matches (2111 minutes) as a center forward for us, so you can say that he's had a fair number of chances to prove himself in that position.

In the PL: 4 goals and 0 assists in 16 games (996 minutes) - 224 minutes/non-penalty goal or contribution.
In English Cups and Europa League: 4 goals (1 pen) and 1 assist in 13 games (920 minutes) - 307 minutes/ non-penalty goals and 255 minutes/non-penalty goal contribution. The goals came against Tranmere (penalty), Astana, LASK and Rochdale.
In the CL: 1 goal and 2 assist in 4 games (195 minutes) - 65 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution.

Total: 9 goals (1 pen) and 3 assists in 2111 minutes in all comps as a CF for us: Not even close to what we expect from a starter or back up for us.

Greenwood's been a lot more prolific on the right wing and should not be a contender for the #9 position.

Haaland has contributed (non-penalty goal or assist) to 57% more goals per 90 minutes for Dortmund this season than Ronaldo has for us.
Over the the last 2 and a half seasons he has contributed to 69% more goals per 90 minutes for Dortmund and Norway than Ronaldo has for Juve, Man United and Portugal.
Add to his penalty conversion rate to that: Haaland 90% vs. Ronaldo 80%
He is 21 years old and Ronaldo turns 37 in a couple of months.

Can you find value in that?

For now Ronaldo is a great stop gap solution, but should not be part of any long term solution.

It would be moronic not to go for Haaland's signature if we can afford the wages and there's a chance of hm signing.

Edit: You have a point of course, but the only reason for not getting him would be if the financial part of a deal is too heavy. He would improve every team in the world in the #9 position. Even Bayern in my opinion.

Last edited:

UTD_Since_1978

For me, if I had the choice of letting Greenwood develop in to being our No 1 striker or sign Haaland for over £100m (with agent fees) I would go for Haaland 100%, no doubt in my mind.

romufc

The problem is, we won't even be in the conversation to sign Haaland. There are so many different reasons to why he wont come here.

1. His dad played for Leeds and City
2. Raiola, how we have treated Pogba and how he has been failed by the club
3. If Ole is in charge, we wont even be in the CL
4. Haaland will want to go to a club wanting to compete for trophies not top 6.

stevoc

The problem is, we won't even be in the conversation to sign Haaland. There are so many different reasons to why he wont come here.

:lol:

Gehrman

Oh and Roy Keane is infamous for well "Take that you cnut".

UTD_Since_1978

Who are you guessing he will join in the summer?

poleglass red

The City connection is always blown out of proportion. His dad played one season for City, in which he got injured by Keane and his club got relegated. It's not like he was a stalwart during City's glory years, they were a shit team then. Money talks to these players nowadays especially when Raiola is involved. On top of money, he will want to be in a team winning trophies, that's the thing holding us back.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
The City connection is always blown out of proportion. His dad played one season for City, in which he got injured by Keane and his club got relegated. It's not like he was a stalwart during City's glory years, they were a shit team then. Money talks to these players nowadays especially when Raiola is involved. On top of money, he will want to be in a team winning trophies, that's the thing holding us back.
That and Ronaldo. I can’t see him joining to play second fiddle to anyone, not with every club in Europe wanting him

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
Mason Greenwood has played 33 matches (2111 minutes) as a center forward for us, so you can say that he's had a fair number of chances to prove himself in that position.

In the PL: 4 goals and 0 assists in 16 games (996 minutes) - 224 minutes/non-penalty goal or contribution.
In English Cups and Europa League: 4 goals (1 pen) and 1 assist in 13 games (920 minutes) - 307 minutes/ non-penalty goals and 255 minutes/non-penalty goal contribution. The goals came against Tranmere (penalty), Astana, LASK and Rochdale.
In the CL: 1 goal and 2 assist in 4 games (195 minutes) - 65 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution.

Total: 9 goals (1 pen) and 3 assists in 2111 minutes in all comps as a CF for us: Not even close to what we expect from a starter or back up for us.

Greenwood's been a lot more prolific on the right wing and should not be a contender for the #9 position.

Haaland has contributed (non-penalty goal or assist) to 57% more goals per 90 minutes for Dortmund this season than Ronaldo has for us.
Over the the last 2 and a half seasons he has contributed to 69% more goals per 90 minutes for Dortmund and Norway than Ronaldo has for Juve, Man United and Portugal.
Add to his penalty conversion rate to that: Haaland 90% vs. Ronaldo 80%
He is 21 years old and Ronaldo turns 37 in a couple of months.

Can you find value in that?

For now Ronaldo is a great stop gap solution, but should not be part of any long term solution.

It would be moronic not to go for Haaland's signature if we can afford the wages and there's a chance of hm signing.

Edit: You have a point of course, but the only reason for not getting him would be if the financial part of a deal is too heavy. He would improve every team in the world in the #9 position. Even Bayern in my opinion.
Haaland is an improvement for almost every team in the world at the striker position but not Bayern. Haaland is amazing and will probably be better in maybe a year or two but RL9 is still the best striker in the world as of today.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Raiola needs to be banned from any Man Utd players. Halaand can feck off as well, pussy league kid. It's time we reintroduced the 1 chance of playing at Man Utd which we lost when Fergie left.

feck any cnut player and his agent who pass the offer up of coming to us. The agent is only after money and the player is social media hyper frenzy.

The fat cnut agent will only want to move his player on after x no of years and the player doesn't appreciate the size or passion of the club. He can stay out and go elsewhere.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Anyone thinking we shouldn't be after Haaland because we've got 37 year old Ronaldo is mental.
Whether Haaland wants to join us now is another problem. Afterall, we may not even have CL football next season. Haaland wants CL football and to win trophies I think.

Also, the fact that his mate Sancho has a terrible time here, may make him think twice.

Baneofthegame

Whether Haaland wants to join us now is another problem. Afterall, we may not even have CL football next season. Haaland wants CL football and to win trophies I think.

Also, the fact that his mate Sancho has a terrible time here, may make him think twice.
Its not even half a season for his “terrible time” which can only be for minutes, which I think Sancho should be getting more of.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This is a random question - but did Pep at Bayern ever make any comments about Lewandowski whilst there as Bayern Manager? I know Lewandowski was amazing during that time under Pep but was there any comments to Pep potentially wanting a different style striker even as back up?
Similar to how he didn't seem the biggest fan of Aguero but kept him & used him due to his history as a big City player - which maybe had its benefits and negatives seen through Pep's tactical eyes?

I'm just asking because Haaland doesn't on paper seem like a Pep Guardiola striker. However City need a new striker & Haaland has a link with City. In my eyes, the closest to a Haaland type striker that Pep managed was probably Lewandowski.

Was Pep's possesion based football happy with Lewandowski as his striker? or did he want potential alternatives/different type of striker?

If he was happy with Lewandowski for Bayern - then I don't exactly see why Haaland wouldn't be targeted as their next striker.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
This is a random question - but did Pep at Bayern ever make any comments about Lewandowski whilst there as Bayern Manager? I know Lewandowski was amazing during that time under Pep but was there any comments to Pep potentially wanting a different style striker even as back up?
Similar to how he didn't seem the biggest fan of Aguero but kept him & used him due to his history as a big City player - which maybe had its benefits and negatives seen through Pep's tactical eyes?

I'm just asking because Haaland doesn't on paper seem like a Pep Guardiola striker. However City need a new striker & Haaland has a link with City. In my eyes, the closest to a Haaland type striker that Pep managed was probably Lewandowski.

Was Pep's possesion based football happy with Lewandowski as his striker? or did he want potential alternatives/different type of striker?

If he was happy with Lewandowski for Bayern - then I don't exactly see why Haaland wouldn't be targeted as their next striker.
Lewandowski is as technical a striker you'll find.

Haaland is very different from Lewandowski. Lewandowski is the perfect striker for Pep, Haaland not so much I'd say.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Lewandowski is as technical a striker you'll find.

Haaland is very different from Lewandowski. Lewandowski is the perfect striker for Pep, Haaland not so much I'd say.
Yeah that's true - when I look at Pep buying Zlatan for Barcelona, even though it didn't work; he doesn't exactly play like Haaland either and was a very technical player.

Would you say the closest least technical in the box striker that Pep managed was maybe maybe Aguero?

romufc

Ofcourse its not the only connection that will stop him. lets be honest if we were in a title challenge, that would be enough for us to get him.

The 2 main issues are we are not a competitive team and his agent is Railoa.

Ted1985

Imagen if Haaland came to Manchester United now when we have Ole as a manager, he would be another benchwarmer. Thank god Haaland picked a different club, Ole would have ruined his career.

troylocker

Haaland is an improvement for almost every team in the world at the striker position but not Bayern. Haaland is amazing and will probably be better in maybe a year or two but RL9 is still the best striker in the world as of today.
I disagree:

Lewandowski since the start of the 19/20 season, when he entered his absolute prime (all comps for Bayern and Poland):
143 goals (20 penalties) and 29 assists in 10687 minutes - 87 minutes/non-penalty goal - 70 minutes/non-penalty goal contribution
Champions League
: 28 goals (5 penalties) and 7 assists in 1750 minutes - 76 minutes per non-penalty goal, 60 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution
Bayern scored on average 3,03 goals per match in the Bundesliga over these seasons, and 3,48 goals per match in the CL.
Lewandowski contributed to 45,5 % of Bayerns' goals in the Bundesliga (in the games he played) and 44,9% of Bayerns' goals in the Champions League in the games he played in this period.

Champions League
Dortmund scored on average 2,37 goals per match in the Bundesliga over these seasons, and Dortmund and Salzburg scored 1,81 goals per match on average in the CL.
Haaland contributed to 53,3% of Dortmunds' goals in the Bundesliga (in the games he played) and 61,5% of Salzburg and Dortmunds' goals in the Champions League in the games he played in this period.

This season:

Lewandowski for Bayern in all comps:

23 goals (3 pens) and 2 assists in 1438 minutes - 72 minutes/non-penalty goal and 65 minutes/non-penalty goal contribution
Bayern has scored 3,53 goals on average per match Lewandowski has played and he has contributed to 41,7% of them.
(They scored 12 in the 1 match he didn't play)

Haaland for Dortmund in all comps:
13 goals (2 pens) and 4 assists in 896 minutes - 81 minutes/non-penalty goal and 60 minutes/non-penalty goal contribution
Dormund has scored 2,6 goals on average per match Haaland has played and he has contributed to 65,4% of them.
(They scored on average 1,5 goals per match in the matches he didn't play)

Put a well functioning team of world class players around Haaland and all records will be broken.

Just for fun:
Lewandowski pre 2019 (Dortmund and Bayern, 2010-2019)
294 goals (33 penalties) and 88 assists in 34601 minutes - 133 minutes per non-penalty goal, 99 minutes per non-penalty goal contribution

Last edited:

troylocker

Imagen if Haaland came to Manchester United now when we have Ole as a manager, he would be another benchwarmer. Thank god Haaland picked a different club, Ole would have ruined his career.
Why would he be another benchwarmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.