Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewYorkRed

Absolute nightmare for us if he goes to City. He will score 60 a year in all competitions. Please don’t let it happen. Psg, Madrid, come on. Anywhere really besides the PL if not to us.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Absolute nightmare for us if he goes to City. He will score 60 a year in all competitions. Please don’t let it happen. Psg, Madrid, come on. Anywhere really besides the PL if not to us.
I'm on it.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I have a slight inkling that he might flop and derails city's campaign. The injuries are adding on and thats never a good sign and iylt will be only compounded by English leagues more physical style.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Guardiola has used strikers like Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Lewandowski in the past.

As great as they were; they seemed to flourish more playing away from Pep.

Nero

Haaland will not be scoring 60 goals a season. Guy will probably be injured for half of it.

Also, by the time we've hopefully rebuilt and are ready to compete, Haaland's three year stint will be over.

The only thing a top class Haaland will be doing is stopping Liverpool winning trophies, and that's a good thing.

NewYorkRed

Guardiola has used strikers like Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Lewandowski in the past.

As great as they were; they seemed to flourish more playing away from Pep.
That’s sort of a fair point, but Zlatan was never going to work in THAT Barcelona side. No out and out striker would have. Lewa scored a ton under Pep too, just not as much as right now. This City team also plays very differently to both those sides, esp that barca team. Aguero scored a hatful in this team when he was barely ever fit. Don’t kid yourself, Halaand takes them to a different level.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
There really doesn't need to be loopholes if this was at all properly set up. I'm a dummy, and I can come up with a way this can be done where agents have to be registered with a governing body that oversees all transfers before having it approved, with a cap on agent fees between 5-10% (which would be one fee to be split up between agent, family members, whoever else is getting a piece of the pie), and every year any beneficiaries of a transfer fee are audited. If there's a need for funding, you can take a small percentage of transfer fees to fund this.

I'm sure it's not that simple, but I refuse to believe it can't be done.
That’s just a restriction placed on agent fees alone. I am sure there are other loopholes they could get away with, in the same sense City always managed to get away with FFP regulations. Maybe spread the amounts on signing on fees, image rights or additional clause on the contract, or something else.

NewYorkRed

Haaland will not be scoring 60 goals a season. Guy will probably be injured for half of it.

Also, by the time we've hopefully rebuilt and are ready to compete, Haaland's three year stint will be over.

The only thing a top class Haaland will be doing is stopping Liverpool winning trophies, and that's a good thing.
I think liverpool will stop liverpool from winning trophies. I have a feeling this will be their last solid year together and some pieces will leave + they are getting older.

Halaand isn’t made of glass as you make him out to be. Also how are you so sure he comes to city for only 3 years?

NoPace

It is mostly about the fit. Haaland is a player who relies on speed and space to a good amount. As a Bayern attacker you don’t have space. You need technique and/or explosiveness in small space.

To me(!) adding Haaland would be like trying to force a square peg into a round hole. Haaland is a great striker but he will never have Lewandowski‘s touch.

But - as stated - Bayern is not paying what he is allegedly asking for anyways.
Be pretty scary to see all those Coman, Sane, Gnabry and Davies crosses going to a 6'3 striker though.

captaincantona

I think liverpool will stop liverpool from winning trophies. I have a feeling this will be their last solid year together and some pieces will leave + they are getting older.

Halaand isn’t made of glass as you make him out to be. Also how are you so sure he comes to city for only 3 years?
Have you not seen how they rebuild? They didn’t need Konate when they signed him and now he has had a full season to get up to speed without any pressure. They didn’t need Jota when they bought him...so he got up to speed without pressure...they didn’t need Diaz...he is already up to speed...they didn’t need Tsimikas...Klopp left out top top player last night- in a CL quarter final- and his team strolled it. His summer signings will sneak in the door from off the radar at the beginning of July, by August they will be adequate deputies for the First 11 and by the end of the season they will be pushing for starting places.

Either you seriously underestimate Klopp or you are blinded by the belief that this is all just a nightmare we are going to wake up from.

Our signings don’t get a run of games so take longer to adapt- to adapt to what exactly I don’t know because we don’t have a set way of playing like Pool or City. It’s ETH job to change that. Two years minimum with this lot. Anyway- Haaland ot no Haaland- City and Pool will push each other.

I actually think he’ll end up regretting going to play for Pep, a la Zlatan.
He shouldn’t join United mind, but the likes of Madrid would be much better suited. Bayern would be a no brainer also.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He’s scored 16 so far this season.

As good as he is I’m not sure Pep is his best fit. I didn’t think Grealish was last year either.

Bayern would be his best move but I don’t think his agent would accept lesser money to go there.

CraftySoAndSo

Considering there is a lack of genuine quality strikers on the market right now, if Haaland leaves i wonder who Dortmund replace him with. Unless Moukoko becomes first choice but that could be too soon.

Brophs

The One and Only
Has it ever been explained why his dad is getting £25m or whatever it is, beyond “That’s my jizz that just scored that hat trick”.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Has it ever been explained why his dad is getting £25m or whatever it is, beyond “That’s my jizz that just scored that hat trick”.
You need a better reason than that?

James Peril

He shouldn’t join United mind, but the likes of Madrid would be much better suited. Bayern would be a no brainer also.
Zlatan was never going to work at Barcelona, Pep’s City is very different from Barcelona with Messi. Haaland should stay away from Bayern too, it’s just…. too boring winning the league every single year without competition and now knowing the names of the players you are up against. Bayern and PSG, it has become the same hasn’t it. You win the league by default, if you don’t win the CL you are having a shit season.

Zlatan was never going to work at Barcelona, Pep’s City is very different from Barcelona with Messi. Haaland should stay away from Bayern too, it’s just…. too boring winning the league every single year without competition and now knowing the names of the players you are up against. Bayern and PSG, it has become the same hasn’t it. You win the league by default, if you don’t win the CL you are having a shit season.
I reckon Lewandowski has been quite pleased with his career, and looking how so many German exports have struggled of late, it really wouldn’t be the worst move.

Obviously Pep’s side is different now, but I still don’t see his tactics as being ideal for an out and out striker.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
And yet at times they look desperate for one, like the match against Atletico for example. This would complete them as the juggernaut they tend to be.
They also loose some qualities by getting a recognised striker. I think Haaland slightly reduces their ability to drag teams out of position.

BarstoolProphet

His dad is also his agent. Raiola is just an "advisor". Atleast that is the official version.

Xanther

Watching Benzema play and seeing how important all his qualities are for Madrid's attack to even hold up... I'm not sure about that, bro. I think Madrid would struggle with Haaland. They need someone who can play with the ball properly to win the CL, someone who can play like Benz. Haaland doesn't strike me as that.

Devil’s Trident

I don’t get why people are so scared of Haaland going to city. Better him than Kane. He won’t be a world beater at city. Sure of that. Reasons

A) Harder league, less space
B) injury issues
C) Strikers rarely are pep’s forte because pep’s football is not conducive for pure strikers to express themselves. It’s fluid yet it’s rigid for them.

No striker has really flourished under pep reason being pep needs his strikers to play in a particular way aligned with how his whole team plays which curtails certain freedom on their part to flourish fully. Neither they are the fulcrum of a pep team nor it’s built around the strikers to get the best out of them. Pep teams are all about the spaces, the position of players and their movements where everyone works in tandem especially the forward players. A pure striker who performs best when his strengths are maximised if the team is built around him like haaland is never gonna work out the way people think it would. Kane was perfect for him because Kane is like a 9, 9.5 and a 10 all rolled into one.

The list is long Eto’o, Henry , Zlatan, Villa, Aguero, Jesus, none of them flourished properly under him. Only lewa was a success which was in bundesliga by the way and even then that was not lewandowski at his very best. I would be more worried if they got Kane.

Last edited:
Watching Benzema play and seeing how important all his qualities are for Madrid's attack to even hold up... I'm not sure about that, bro. I think Madrid would struggle with Haaland. They need someone who can play with the ball properly to win the CL, someone who can play like Benz. Haaland doesn't strike me as that.
Madrid will have Mbappe next season, and probably another couple of new players.

Anderson_7_

I don’t get why people are so scared of Haaland going to city.
Because they've bought into the hyperbole and stats and have only watched YouTube comps of his goals. Haaland's technical abilities and footballing (aside goalscoring) are quite mediocre (albeit still developing). He'll score 10-15 goals in his first season and that's if he gets lucky.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
They also loose some qualities by getting a recognised striker. I think Haaland slightly reduces their ability to drag teams out of position.
I think what he brings more than makes up for a slight reduction in ability to drag teams around, if it even turns out to be true. I think he creates a far bigger headaches for opponents of City than he does for City themselves.

That being said, I know what people are saying about Pep and strikers, but it's not as if this is an absolute fact and a Haaland can be well-integrated by Pep who may have learned a thing or two since then on how to go about doing so.
If I was Pep and City though, I would do everything I can to at least get Mbappe talking to them and seeing if they can bring him in because, outside of his lack of pressing, he fits like a glove to City's system and would guarantee huge returns every season.

pascell

No he won't and I'd be very surprised if he manages to get to 40. His body won't cope with the aggressive schedule of the PL.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Haaland is quality no doubt, but how much more of a ceiling is there for this city team to reach? They’re already so good without a recognized striker
His runs are so good and with the passes of de Bruyne, Silva, Foden and all the others I'm quite sure he would score 30 goals in his first season if he stays fit.

GoldanoGraham

I don’t think he will go to City…..think he will go to Madrid especially if Mbappe takes the new cash on the table at PSG….

Will be really interested to see how much a deal for Haaland actually costs though as the numbers are mind boggling and amounts going to parasites like Mino are staggering.

He’s been quite injury prone this season, going to be a lot of expectation on them young shoulders.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Totally agree.

I mean, let's face facts here, which top class talent would've been interested in joining City & PSG before they gained their oil money?
George Weah, Ronaldinho, Ginola, Okocha, we managed fine before to get talent to come, but we had to get it early as opposed to in their prime. I don't know about City.

captaincantona

Totally agree.

I mean, let's face facts here, which top class talent would've been interested in joining City & PSG before they gained their oil money?
You mean before they got good? No one. But the same could be said for any team who were shite and then became good. Arsenal were known for being a complete bore fest- then Wenger came in and turned it round and most top players would have loved to play in that team.

I would understand you’re arguement more about PSG because they play shite football in a very uncompetitive league - regardless of money - Limited footballing reasons to go there. City play amazing football and are top of the most competitive league in the world — and have a coach that will go down in history as one of the greatest ever. that’s why he may want to go there. The money is just a bonus.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
I wonder how Raiola would behave with Man City. At every international break, he created noises and disruptions at United. I would be miffed if he is impeccably professional.
They probably just pay him a few million bucks at every international break to shut the feck up. It's peanuts for them.

Did they ever lose a player they wanted to keep?

Tavern in the town

I wonder how Raiola would behave with Man City. At every international break, he created noises and disruptions at United. I would be miffed if he is impeccably professional.
He’ll obviously have a lot less reason to mouth off if his client’s playing in a team that wins things every season.

Status
Not open for further replies.