Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
frankly it says an awful lot about the mess the club is in that we are not even in the running...

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
A very interesting read, I'm sure City fans wont like it though.

11 forwards

Supports
Rosenborg
I'm sure that City fans has seen enough Haaland-compilations to make up their own opinion. That twitter-analysis looks to me more like a pro-Kane thing and doesn't offer much insight into Haalands game.

Last edited:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
His ability to put the ball in the next is ridiculous for his age

RuudTom83

The Premier League will be a tougher test than most other leagues, it would be very interesting to watch him in England next season...but I feel he will go to Spain.

LoneStar

The Premier League will be a tougher test than most other leagues, it would be very interesting to watch him in England next season...but I feel he will go to Spain.
He has plenty of time at his side. I think he’s not someone who sticks to one club, but rather would want to try multiple leagues and clubs. We’ll probably see him in the PL and La liga at some point.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He has plenty of time at his side. I think he’s not someone who sticks to one club, but rather would want to try multiple leagues and clubs. We’ll probably see him in the PL and La liga at some point.
If he goes to Madrid, he probably stays there for his career.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Nowadays we will happily give 500k a week to declining players and step aside and let real risk takers corner the emerging generational talent. Over and over. Even when we had Ronadlo he clearly wanted to go, sure, but I bet he wouldn’t have turned down world record wages back then as a statement of intent on our part for one more contract. Instead of stripping the squad that’s when we should have went for broke and we would have left everybody else apart from Barca in the dust.

troylocker

He won't be the guaranteed success that many people expect when he goes to City or Madrid.
With the same kind of certainty I'll say the opposite: He will be a guaranteed success anywhere he ends up next.

To something else: His performance yesterday
Wow! Against a weak Armenia, he delivered some of the most dominating 45 minutes I've witnessed on a football pitch in a while. He singlehandedly destroyed them while they time after time tried to cut off his legs with nasty tackles. 2 fantastic goals, 1 assist, took tackles giving them a red and a yellow, should have won a penalty early on, set up his teammates multiple times (one led to a penalty) and gave away a penalty to King (who hadn't scored in 27 months for Norway).

Tavern in the town

He won't be the guaranteed success that many people expect when he goes to City or Madrid.
He’s about as close to a guaranteed hit as you can get imo. He’s built like Lukaku, moves like Cavani and shoots like Van Persie. I think it’s as much of a risk as Real signing Ronaldo in 2009 (no, I didn’t say he’s as good as Ronaldo.)

troylocker

I'm sure that City fans has seen enough Haaland-compilations to make up their own opinion. That twitter-analysis looks to me more like a pro-Kane thing and doesn't offer much insight into Haalands game.
He's just a twitter pundit though:
Funny thing is that he uses 3 short clips of bad touches to build his case against Haaland's bad ballcontroll:

Numbers from league games this season:
Haaland:
Misshandlings when trying to gain control of the ball per 90: 2,87
Dispossessed while having control of the ball (not counting unsuccessful dribbling attempts) per 90: 1,05
Possession lost (not including passing or dribbling) per 90: 3,92

Kane:

Misshandlings when trying to gain control of the ball per 90: 2,64
Dispossessed while having control of the ball (not counting unsuccessful dribbling attempts) per 90: 2,05
Possession lost (not including passing or dribbling) per 90: 4,69

Then you have goalscoring and creativity:

Haaland:
Non penalty goals per 90: 0,91
xA per 90: 0,27
Total goal threat per 90: 1,18

Kane:

Non penalty goals per 90: 0,37
xA per 90: 0,25
Total goal threat per 90: 0,62

For national teams this season they have both been brilliant, but still:

Haaland (For Norway - ranked #45 in the world):
Non penalty goals per 90: 1,60
Assists per 90: 0,23
Total non penalty goal contributions per 90: 1,83

Against top 50 nations (Netherlands#10, Slovakia#46):
2 non penalty goals and 0 assists in 171 minutes.
1,05 non penalty goals per 90
Total non penalty goal contributions per 90: 1,05

Against nations outside the top 50 in the world (Gibraltar#203, Latvia#135, Armenia#92):
5 non penalty goals and 1 assists in 223 minutes.
2,02 non penalty goals per 90
Total non penalty goal contributions per 90: 2,42

Kane (For England - ranked #5 in the world):
Non penalty goals per 90: 1,19
Assists per 90: 0,17
Total non penalty goal contributions per 90: 1,36

Against top 50 nations (Switzerland#14, Pland#28, Hungary#41):
2 non penalty goals and 0 assists in 345 minutes.
0,52 non penalty goals per 90
Total non penalty goal contributions per 90: 0,52

Against nations outside the top 50 in the world: (San Marino#210, Andorra#155, Albania#65, Ivory Coast#51):
5 non penalty goals and 1 assists in 182 minutes.
2,48 non penalty goals per 90
Total non penalty goal contributions per 90: 2,97

Defensively:
Pressing:
Haaland: 12,5 pressings per 90 and 8,25 of them in the attacking 3rd

Kane: 11,26 pressings per 90 and 5,98 of them in the attacking 3rd

(Bonus (lowest numbers in the buiz):
Ronaldo: 6,62 pressings per 90 and 3,10 of them in the attacking 3rd)

Funfact: Haaland is an intimidating figure and so far this season in the Bundesliga no one has attempted to dribble past him - not once.
17 times this season someone has attempted to dribble past Kane with 12 of them being successful (71%)

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Funfact: Haaland is an intimidating figure and so far this season in the Bundesliga no one has attempted to dribble past him - not once.
17 times this season someone has attempted to dribble past Kane with 12 of them being successful (71%)
Its hard to argue with the stats saying haaland is better - its also hard to ignore the fact hes younger with more room to improve

but the last fact is I think more reflective of the fact that Kane drops into midfield more and players are more likley to risk dribbling past somebody in midfield than they are close to goal

personally id be delighted with either haaland or kane but more realistic is one of them ends up at city and we end up with some old striker on a free

Anderson_7_

It's hilarious how quickly people have turned on him, at least on twitter.

Went from being ''unstoppable robot'' to ''waste of money'' & ''white, less technical version of Lukaku, who will flop hard in the PL'' in less than a year.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
It's hilarious how quickly people have turned on him, at least on twitter.

Went from being ''unstoppable robot'' to ''waste of money'' & ''white, less technical version of Lukaku, who will flop hard in the PL'' in less than a year.
Twitter don't represent people's opinion, it's just a bunch of trolls with lot of free time to spam the same shit in every football thread.
No in-between, either zoomers with lot of free time or 40yo grown manchilds who write "Pessi" "Penaldo".

I don't think even 20% of the population it's on Twitter, so it will hardly represent people's opinion.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Twitter don't represent people's opinion, it's just a bunch of trolls with lot of free time to spam the same shit in every football thread.
No in-between, either zoomers with lot of free time or 40yo grown manchilds who write "Pessi" "Penaldo".

I don't think even 20% of the population it's on Twitter, so it will hardly represent people's opinion.
Not even above 3%, and 80% of their content is generated by 20% of the accounts. As Chapelle says, it's not a real place.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I read that Raiola wants 40 mil for his transfer. But it is not fun part. Fun part is that his (Haaland's) father wants 15 mil. Wtf? For what?

Thunderhead

Supports
City
really think City, Madrid, PSG et al should call Raiola's bluff and say we're not paying stupid wages and you can get stuffed with your cut, unfortunately they won't, no way is he worth £4-500k p/w, don't think they will but I'd love City to walk away from this one and let him go to Madrid or Barca

Trex

World class striker, but like other Raiola's clients (Pogba, Ibrahimovic, Lukaku still carries the mentality) its going to be about me me me.

RoyH1

I agree. The standard of defending in the Bundesliga is not as high as in the PL or even La Liga for that matter. 2/3 of the teams play very low blocks against Madrid and Haaland would have to work in very tight spaces.

Cloud7

I can't shake the feeling that his injuries are going to become problematic for him

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I think he's going to be class, but I don't think he'll be the goal-scoring machine in England that he has been in Germany. I have nothing to back this up other than hope

BarstoolProphet

I can't shake the feeling that his injuries are going to become problematic for him
Agree. Came to post this. There is something worrying about his constant muscle injuries, especially the hip injuries which can take months to heal. He has so much power that his body is struggling to keep up.

cyberman

Thank feck what???
The boy is the best striker in the world, and at his age has a massive sell on value..

Take it you are happy paying Ronaldo, Cavani £600k a week??
He’s a player who will be on the move soon from whoever he joins, he is becoming injury prone which doesn’t bode well for how his later career could e affected by his early development, and we have seen what happens when we have a striker up top whose main attribute is goal scoring and nothing much else.
All for a 250m investment? Stay the feck away imo

Status
Not open for further replies.