g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
But is his dad his manager or something? Or does he just get the money for being his dad ?
:lol: it’s £12.5m per testicle that resulted in his birth.

I think it’s dodgy “agent fees” or something. I remember when Barcelona signed Neymar, Neymar’s father got an awful lot of money (as well as a supposed orgy!)

mikeyt

Everything that's right and wrong with football is this lad.

Great talent and no question would improve any team he plays in, the lad is 21 years old though and already trying to command nearly £500k a week and the ultimate disgrace is the agent fee.

Clubs need to boycott Raiola. Fifa / Uefa need to cap agents fees or remove them altogether. If no-one does business with him he'll be screwed.

ForeverRed1

:lol: it’s £12.5m per testicle that resulted in his birth.

I think it’s dodgy “agent fees” or something. I remember when Barcelona signed Neymar, Neymar’s father got an awful lot of money (as well as a supposed orgy!)
you lost me at the orgy part:nervous::eek::houllier:

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
So this would be roughly £125m in fees and £400k p/w if true.

To be honest, that seems about right. I thought his wage demands were rumoured to be way higher than that.

Last edited:

Hughes35

He's City bound ...... unless City get Kane and then he will likely go to PSG

Bwuk

To be honest, that seems about right. I thought this wage demands were rumoured to be way higher than that.
I don't see a issue paying that either tbh. Haaland is worth the 125m.

Elpidios

With megastars like Haaland, I always assume that they're not coming to United, so whatever happens, it'll always be a bonus if we do somehow land him (0.125% chance) :cool:

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

To be honest, that seems about right. I thought his wage demands were rumoured to be way higher than that.
I doubt anyone know the detail at this point. It costs big money to bring in talent like Haaland and Mbappe, whether "free" transfer or not, or if the agent is Raiola.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Everything that's right and wrong with football is this lad.

Great talent and no question would improve any team he plays in, the lad is 21 years old though and already trying to command nearly £500k a week and the ultimate disgrace is the agent fee.

Clubs need to boycott Raiola. Fifa / Uefa need to cap agents fees or remove them altogether. If no-one does business with him he'll be screwed.
But thing is, they still want to sign Haaland though, which means they have to do business with Raiola.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
When a player has an entourage and that needs feeding, it a problem. Plus, they might not be satisfied and will look to do another move so the snouts can have another feed at the trough.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
City it is then........ Can't see another location for him.
If it is „only“ €25m gross per year in wages then a lot of clubs will be interested. Lewandowski and Neuer basically earn as much at Bayern.

Hughes35

If it is „only“ €25m gross per year in wages then a lot of clubs will be interested. Lewandowski and Neuer basically earn as much at Bayern.
Every club the world will be interested. I just cant see him going to any apart from City or PSG. I would have him down for Madrid but I can't see them getting both him and Mbappe.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Every club the world will be interested. I just cant see him going to any apart from City or PSG. I would have him down for Madrid but I can't see them getting both him and Mbappe.
Sorry, I misunderstood you and agree with your take. Real or City would seem logical. I don’t know about his planned career trajectory but Bayern could also be a next step if Real is his final career goal.

Robertd0803

Too good to be true if you ask me

Probably from a Madrids fan point of view I guess but Id be happy with this as well as a United fan.

Lets face it, we arent signing either and its not like we are competing with Madrid anytime soon either. Better they are there getting in each others way than banging in goals every week for City.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
But is his dad his manager or something? Or does he just get the money for being his dad ?
Yes and yes.

Im a bit murky on the details, but from what I can remember Raiola is not Haalands "actual" agent, but rather a "cooperation intermediary that helps the family". Alf Inge Haaland is also his agent, so they share the agent fees.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Why do our fanbase justify the stupid fees as "about right" or "worth it"?. It just contributes to player inflation

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
We need to move away from mega stars, we don't need them atm.

Mega star signings are usually the final piece of the jigsaw but we dont even have a jigsaw so the mega star signing only ends up causing more problems and wasting money.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Probably from a Madrids fan point of view I guess but Id be happy with this as well as a United fan.

Lets face it, we arent signing either and its not like we are competing with Madrid anytime soon either. Better they are there getting in each others way than banging in goals every week for City.
Great in that it stops City but in the grand scheme of things it makes no sense for both of them to be at the same club. They should be competing really. Would be a lot more fun for the watching public that way.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If he plays in Madrid he will have share the goals with Mbappe, which I am not sure it is what he wants. At City he will be main striker up front, plus City is currently strong side than Real Madrid.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
If his goal is not only trophy but also personal glory like ballon d'or, team up with Mbappe in Real Madrid probably is not a good idea.

ForeverRed1

It is neither your money nor your decision to pay that money. If it is an agreement between both parties what's your problem?
When did I say it was my money or my decision? When have I said Anything for or against it? Since when has asking a question about something meant someone has a problem, it’s simply a staggering amount of money. Or is it not ok to ask a question now? I didn’t know his dad is his agent so asked the Question. Chill out.

Red4Life_#7

Only 2 destinations possibily a 3rd. City or Madrid... Barca have an outside chance, but they don't really have the money. Bayern will not spend that type of money full stop. United unfortuntly have too many problems to be a attractive destination, it will be a long build for us, 3-4 years before we can think about the title.

jesperjaap

I don't see a issue paying that either tbh. Haaland is worth the 125m.
Really, no issue with half of that money going to an agent and relative? I get the fact there are increased fees as due to his talent and a reduced transfer fee, but there is plenty wrong with that, its disgusting actually.

He is obviously a hugely talented player at a very young age still, but I dont want him anywhere near here, all thwe wrong signals. I woul dsay we should stay well clear, but he isnt coming anyway and personally I am not dissapointed

Bwuk

Really, no issue with half of that money going to an agent and relative? I get the fact there are increased fees as due to his talent and a reduced transfer fee, but there is plenty wrong with that, its disgusting actually.

He is obviously a hugely talented player at a very young age still, but I dont want him anywhere near here, all thwe wrong signals. I woul dsay we should stay well clear, but he isnt coming anyway and personally I am not dissapointed
what difference to us does it make? If Raiola hadn’t got his release clause set to 75m Haaland would be going for north of 125m anyway?

Whether the money goes to Dortmund or Raiola it makes no difference to United

Status
Not open for further replies.