g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

troylocker

Project : even the club owners don't know what it is
Manager : unknown
Money : will be available once we're preparing the bid for the 3rd time (final preparation)

He will not be joining United.
Unfortunately, now, you're right. :(

OrcaFat

I actually think it’s a mistake to go after him right now. If injuries are starting to catch up then what’s the odds it’ll somehow get better in a more demanding league? Great player and all but there doesn’t seem the sort of stampede happening that was predicted for his signature
True. We do need a striker pretty badly but there’s got to be someone else.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
We need him to join City next season to prevent liverpool from winning the league 2 years in a row. What a sad state of affairs

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
But how does it speak well? Barca took the league seriously, won it and got creamed in Europe. Madrid ditched the league and won CL. In no way can CL indicate the strength of a league. Surely the EPL being a dog fight lines up with Barca scenario so teams who can’t solely focus on CL tend to suffer, hence why CL progression proved very little.
It does, prior to the dominance of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Atlético, Sevilla, etc. it was common for the EPL to line 3 teams into the semifinals and eliminate amongst themselves, nowadays the top teams in England are again the favorites to

Hughie77

Won't come here at OT, they will use the club against others for him to go somewhere else, City probably. Real going for Mbappe? So UTD need to say straight away no thanks and let everyone know. His agent and old man will be on his bike in May, if not already.

Utd7

Or maybe Haaland just wants to move around each league himself and not tie himself down for too long at any one club? A totally fair position to hold.
I believe Haaland is on record saying he wants to emulate Zlatan playing in multiple leagues. If that's true, City next makes the most sense. Madrid/Barcelona will be an option down the line.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Been saying this since City missed out on the Harry Kane sweepstakes. Haaland to City just made too much sense.

dinostar77

Be very interested to see how a individualistic player like Haaland fits into Guardiola's collective system. I didnt see much of his Bayern team so he must have made it work with leodowski, but it failed with zlatan at Barcelona under Guardiola.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Yep, €35m per year or about £550k pw. This would certainly activate some of the agents of the current City players.
I've read something about the offer by Real Madrid not being as good as Manchester City and if that figure is correct then no wonder we're not offering that much. If he was to come here it would need to be a similar deal like Mbappe where he's going to gain less than what he was making at PSG. They'll still be filthy rich but the team needs to have some sort of structure and cap when it comes to wages. He can still end up here depending on his ambitions and if he considers Real Madrid offers him a better platform to achieve his goals.

dinostar77

I've read something about the offer by Real Madrid not being as good as Manchester City and if that figure is correct then no wonder we're not offering that much. If he was to come here it would need to be a similar deal like Mbappe where he's going to gain less than what he was making at PSG. They'll still be filthy rich but the team needs to have some sort of structure and cap when it comes to wages. He can still end up here depending on his ambitions and if he considers Real Madrid offers him a better platform to achieve his goals.
Or it could come down to him not wanting to share the limelight with Mbappe, or be shown up by him. Or that he would have to compete with Benezma to be starting striker. At city he has no competition for the no9 slot. So almost guaranteed to start every game.

I'd be suprised at his age if money were the motivating factor, that will come in bucketloads for him anyway.

Personally id rather he sign for anyone other than Madrid. The thought of Madrid having Mbappe and Haaland......

RoyH1

Or it could come down to him not wanting to share the limelight with Mbappe, or be shown up by him. Or that he would have to compete with Benezma to be starting striker. At city he has no competition for the no9 slot. So almost guaranteed to start every game.

I'd be suprised at his age if money were the motivating factor, that will come in bucketloads for him anyway.

Personally id rather he sign for anyone other than Madrid. The thought of Madrid having Mbappe and Haaland......
What is it to us as United supporters if he goes to Spain?City is a direct rival in the league for us. We rarely if ever play Madrid

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Be very interested to see how a individualistic player like Haaland fits into Guardiola's collective system. I didnt see much of his Bayern team so he must have made it work with leodowski, but it failed with zlatan at Barcelona under Guardiola.
Lewandowski is a very different type of striker.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Still think City will get Kanye. Haaland will come here or go to Spain. We may play it down publicly and the media can write as many articles trying to tease us about him, but I reckon we will offer the biggest financial package for him, especially if we sneak into the top 4 somehow.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Still think City will get Kanye. Haaland will come here or go to Spain. We may play it down publicly and the media can write as many articles trying to tease us about him, but I reckon we will offer the biggest financial package for him, especially if we sneak into the top 4 somehow.
We’re gonna have to sneak into the top 4 to have any chance of getting haaland. And even if we do it’s unlikely he chooses us over city, Madrid and whoever els are interested in him. Our best hope is that sancho is very persuasive and can convince him to come here and help us get back to the top.

troylocker

We’re gonna have to sneak into the top 4 to have any chance of getting haaland. And even if we do it’s unlikely he chooses us over city, Madrid and whoever els are interested in him. Our best hope is that sancho is very persuasive and can convince him to come here and help us get back to the top.
Unfortunately the decision will be made before this season is finished. I'm afraid we're out, mate.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That isn’t our best hope at all IMO, our best hope is that he and his team are swayed by money, and offering and obscene amount of it. Which I think we should do, quite frankly.

Bosws87

You don’t think he’s worth it?
We have a 37 year old on that right now …
No he's not worth it at all, it throws the wage structure in disarray especially a club that is full of players that could easily claim to be on the same money or similar due to their quality/performances.

add to the fact its blatantly obvious that Haaland is a mercenary and will be off to another club in x amount of years for another big payday for him and his entourage, add the niggling fact that he's missed around 14 games this season and the season isn't even over.

It might sound fantastic on paper but with the figures quoted i'm happy that we aren't in the picture not that realistically we ever stood a chance.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
That isn’t our best hope at all IMO, our best hope is that he and his team are swayed by money, and offering and obscene amount of it. Which I think we should do, quite frankly.
What happened to everyone complaining about how much money we were throwing at players? Especially players that we don’t know will adapt to the premier league. I think players should have to earn how much money they get. We shouldn’t just Chuck money at players for the fun of it… for starters it will upset the rest of the team and they’ll all want pay rises, and this is the reason we have trouble getting rid of players further down the line because of there ridiculous wages. We need to change the way we do things, we need players that want to play for us and are committed doing so, not players that just care about money… there the kind of players that don’t care if they put in good performances or not.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
What happened to everyone complaining about how much money we were throwing at players? Especially players that we don’t know will adapt to the premier league. I think players should have to earn how much money they get. We shouldn’t just Chuck money at players for the fun of it… for starters it will upset the rest of the team and they’ll all want pay rises, and this is the reason we have trouble getting rid of players further down the line because of there ridiculous wages. We need to change the way we do things, we need players that want to play for us and are committed doing so, not players that just care about money… there the kind of players that don’t care if they put in good performances or not.
Not me, you have to pay the best salary to attract the best talent, which Haaland has already proven himself to be by any metric.

troylocker

No he's not worth it at all, it throws the wage structure in disarray especially a club that is full of players that could easily claim to be on the same money or similar due to their quality/performances.

add to the fact its blatantly obvious that Haaland is a mercenary and will be off to another club in x amount of years for another big payday for him and his entourage, add the niggling fact that he's missed around 14 games this season and the season isn't even over.

It might sound fantastic on paper but with the figures quoted i'm happy that we aren't in the picture not that realistically we ever stood a chance.
Regarding his recent injuryhistory, I agree it is a bit worrying.

Do you think Haaland would force a move from a club he was happy at while at the same time winning trophies?
Who would claim to be on the same or similar money due to quality/performances compared to him?

We are out of the picture, so it is of course hypothetical.

dinostar77

Theres 0.00000% of him coming to Utd this summer. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves

Bosws87

Regarding his recent injuryhistory, I agree it is a bit worrying.

Do you think Haaland would force a move from a club he was happy at while at the same time winning trophies?
Who would claim to be on the same or similar money due to quality/performances compared to him?

We are out of the picture, so it is of course hypothetical.
Thats referring to players within City if i'm De Bruyne/Silva/Dias i'm knocking on the door asking questions.

troylocker

Thats referring to players within City if i'm De Bruyne/Silva/Dias i'm knocking on the door asking questions.
Really? You bring in the hottest name in football and you think Silva and Dias would be complaining that he gets more than them (they are currently number 6 and 9 on City's wage list)? KDB is great, but I think he could live with being #2 on the paymentlist with the best striker in the world leading their line.

Bosws87

Really? You bring in the hottest name in football and you think Silva and Dias would be complaining that he gets more than them? KDB is great, but I think he could live with being #2 on the paymentlist with the best striker in the world leading their line.
I have little faith in footballers as a whole not being after pure greed, have to forgive my cynicism, but years of those lot at united grates on you :lol:

troylocker

I have little faith in footballers as a whole not being after pure greed, have to forgive my cynicism, but years of those lot at united grates on you :lol:
+ 1 to that.
Haaland has so far in his career chosen project, development and minutes over money at every step. The supply of players with his skillset and qualities are down to one, so the money will follow. That's unfortunately the name of the game.

Darlington Padgett

I think he's a generational player but the intensity of his game is too dangerous. I know that's one of the reasons he stands out be he looks like a serious injury waiting to happen.

Idxomer

City are making a mistake if they sign him, he doesn't suit them at all.

Seij

Riola client, 500k+ wage, injury concerns, guarantee to agitate for a move to Spain in a couple of years, Riola, Riola.

I don't think he's a good option. He doesn't seem to have any interest whatsoever in joining us anyway. This isn't a slight on his talent. He's easily a top 5 forward in the world at this moment and as long as he stays fit, will be contending for Ballon d'Or against Mbappe every year once he joins a team that wins major trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.