Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Great choice for both Haaland and City. Haaland is a killer on his own up front, but he is also a very playable striker who often set up his team mates. I suspect people who haven’t watched him much underestimate his technical skills and combination play.

I’ve always wanted Haaland to play for a PL team next year. PL will be even more enjoyable to watch, and I look forward to see how he cope with high expectations in a tougher league.
Well it won’t be hard for him to score goals, he’s joining a team where 90% of there goals come from passing it into the penalty area for tap ins.

James Peril

Don't shit yourself guys,nothings signed yet and even if he does sign for them who knows how things will pan out re injuries.Then we just have to rise to the challenge.And don't be surprised if he's itching for a move/bigger contract 18 months in with his agent and all.Bring on the challenge.
Rise to the challenge? Bring on the challenge? Which club do you support, because it certainly cannot be United you’re talking about, goodness sake. We are not even close to being close to challenging Man City the next few seasons, not as long as Pep is still there doing his things.

croadyman

He's going to smash Salah's record.
Put your money on it.
City got a future Ballon D'or winner.
Yeah sadly you are right on this one, dreading him run riot for them against us twice for next few seasons.

croadyman

Rise to the challenge? Bring on the challenge? Which club do you support, because it certainly cannot be United you’re talking about, goodness sake. We are not even close to being close to challenging Man City the next few seasons, not as long as Pep is still there doing his things.
Yeah this guy needs to accept this is an absolute nightmare scenario for everyone else in the league

Suv666

Yeah sadly you are right on this one, dreading him run riot for them against us twice for next few seasons.
Only hope is that Pep leaves soon or Raiola kicks up a fuss. Its mental how prolific Haaland is up there with Mbappe in terms of players of the generation

Lee565

Watch the entire media change their tune with many city paying an awful amount of wages and agent and father fees for haaland compared to if it was us doing such a deal.

Magz

Haaland and co are all about the money. Great player and all, but that lot can feck off imo.
Yeah, that's why he's chosen development over money in all of his past transfers. He could've went to Juventus for over 8 times the pay when he went to Salzburg, and his salary at Dortmund is relatively low. What a greedy bastard.

Acquire Me

Yeah, that's why he's chosen development over money in all of his past transfers. He could've went to Juventus for over 8 times the pay when he went to Salzburg, and his salary at Dortmund is relatively low. What a greedy bastard.
Are you okay, hun?

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Only hope is that Pep leaves soon or Raiola kicks up a fuss. Its mental how prolific Haaland is up there with Mbappe in terms of players of the generation
There’s some rumours that Haaland agreeing to join was somewhat predicated on some kind of commitment from Pep to stay, we’ll soon find out in summer if Pep signs a new deal!.. I am somewhat surprised Mbappe is much more highly rated on here than Haaland, given their output and respective leagues they play in, or maybe it’s just because the links to City have ramped up. Favourites will always exist, but one seems to get continuously dismissed for the league they play in, while the other doesn’t. I could just be missing something.

As you say, to me both appear to be generational talents. Hopefully they both live up to their hype and we’ve got another individual football rivalry coming in;
  • Mbappe is 23 and has 164 goals in 211 games at PSG. (27 in 44 in Europe)
  • Haaland is 21 and has 82 goals in 85 games at Dortmund. (15 in 13 in Europe)

Suv666

There’s some rumours that Haaland agreeing to join was somewhat predicated on some kind of commitment from Pep to stay, we’ll soon find out in summer if Pep signs a new deal!.. I am somewhat surprised Mbappe is much more highly rated on here than Haaland, given their output and respective leagues they play in, or maybe it’s just because the links to City have ramped up. Favourites will always exist, but one seems to get continuously dismissed for the league they play in, while the other doesn’t. I could just be missing something.

As you say, to me both appear to be generational talents. Hopefully they both live up to their hype and we’ve got another individual football rivalry coming in;
  • Mbappe is 23 and has 164 goals in 211 games at PSG. (27 in 44 in Europe)
  • Haaland is 21 and has 82 goals in 85 games at Dortmund. (15 in 13 in Europe)
That means feck all tbf. Fergie promised RVP he would stay on but left. Also I pray that Pep fecks off every night so that might work who knows

Mbappe is much more talented imo, his pace, acceleration and dribbling ability is second to none. Haaland might be the better finisher though.
His output isn't is prolific as Haaland because he shares the stage with Messi and Neymar. If he was the focal point of the attack like Haaland at BVB I bet he'll match Haaland's stats.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Watch the entire media change their tune with many city paying an awful amount of wages and agent and father fees for haaland compared to if it was us doing such a deal.
These numbers are according to Martyn Ziegler, via Companies House, and they offer an insight into which clubs are overachieving and which are underachieving this season.

1. Manchester City - £355m
  2. Chelsea - £343m
  3. Manchester United - £323m
  4. Liverpool - £314m
  5. Arsenal - £244m
  6. Tottenham Hotspur - £205m
https://www.marca.com/en/football/premier-league/2022/03/06/622504ab22601d94458b458e.html

City already pay the highes wages yet we never hear about it.

Anderson_7_

Only a club with unlimited supply of illegal funds could put together the Haaland or Mbappe package. Both PSG and Illegal City need to be investigated!

Vapor trail

Imagine how much they're really going to be paying him, when the public numbers are this obscene.
Think this has a ripple effect, newer players coming into the club demanding a ransom. Biggest issue is if they sign Haaland and he underperforms. I've always thought city have had the right football heads at the helm no doubt Erling is a brilliant player but the finances involved could be detrimental to city in the long run.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Instead of the ESL they should form a sugar daddy and oil state clubs league.
Problem solved.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I bet when he joins city you don’t hear anything about there players being unhappy about how much he’s earning… yet when we put players wages up we hear all sorts of story’s saying players are unhappy.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
As good as he is, and he is very, very good, his injuries this season would be a worry.

He's also a big, bulky guy and they are not built for longevity. I guess Citeh would have him for 4-5 years, hope he does an Aguero first and then a Hazard.

Kaos

As good as he is, and he is very, very good, his injuries this season would be a worry.

He's also a big, bulky guy and they are not built for longevity. I guess Citeh would have him for 4-5 years, hope he does an Aguero first and then a Hazard.
Yeah, maybe its me indulging in too much copium to make myself feel better at one of our rivals getting him, but his injury record considering his age and build could be a concern.

But that's it really, sadly I think he's tailor made for the premier league and will be immense for them assuming he stays healthy.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

Zlatan managed fine, I think he just needs to be a bit smarter in his recovery and not rushing to come back and play ASAP like he's seemed to do so far in his career.

Rightnr

Zlatan managed fine, I think he just needs to be a bit smarter in his recovery and not rushing to come back and play ASAP like he's seemed to do so far in his career.
Hard disagree. From what I've seen, Haaland is wider, bulkier. Zlatan is strong but he's also super agile and has done karate to keep that kind of physique.

Haaland is closer to a Matic physique and these guys drop off quickly after starting young. A bit like in tennis with Del Potro or even Rooney who was smaller.

Of course, I could be wrong and we live in times where Ronaldo is a beast at 37 but history is not on his side.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Hard disagree. From what I've seen, Haaland is wider, bulkier. Zlatan is strong but he's also super agile and has done karate to keep that kind of physique.

Haaland is closer to a Matic physique and these guys drop off quickly after starting young. A bit like in tennis with Del Potro or even Rooney who was smaller.

Of course, I could be wrong and we live in times where Ronaldo is a beast at 37 but history is not on his side.
Man, I'm harder disagreeing with you then on the Matic comparison, you're out of your rocker on that one IMO. He's far more agile, and he does yoga as well as other things I'm sure bigger fans of his can tell us, he's not some stiff lump that's about to break down.

Bondi77

I wonder if Grealish will be to him at Citeh the way Sancho was to him at Dortmund.

432JuanMata

It’s finally come to the point where players go to city to win titles. Yes they pay insane wages but right now if you were a top player you would surely go to city over us

Rightnr

Man, I'm harder disagreeing with you then on the Matic comparison, you're out of your rocker on that one IMO. He's far more agile, and he does yoga as well as other things I'm sure bigger fans of his can tell us, he's not some stiff lump that's about to break down.
I've barely watched the guy, so you might well be right.

But again, rumours he might be ignoring Borrusia doctors and playing through pain make me happy he's not coming to United because we know how these players do here.

Plus he's a Raiola client, so it's a no from me.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
It’s finally come to the point where players go to city to win titles. Yes they pay insane wages but right now if you were a top player you would surely go to city over us
Absolutely, but I don’t think that’s a new thing this summer personally, I think it’s been that way for a number of years.. This will be the 9th season in a row that City have finished above United. Champions in 4 of those 9 seasons, and potentially 5 of 9 depending how this year finishes up.

I think that’s one of the reasons United have spent so badly, not because you can’t identify the top tier talent, because they’re usually pretty obvious, but because they don’t want to join, so you’re forced to take gambles on the players just below but for top dollar and they haven’t paid off. City had to do it in the early days and we were very fortunate that it all came together. It’s a very expensive way to run a football club. When top players want to join it becomes much easier to maintain a top class side.

Haaland is a great example. In my eyes United are desperate for a top striker and we all know Haaland will fill that spot for any club very nicely. Sure it’ll look like an expensive deal when you add it all up, but I’d much sooner that than be fishing for somebody hovering just below that level, who will still cost an absolute fortune, and it could go either way when he arrives.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Genuinely can't believe the amount of people who thinks he'll flop at City. Must be some kind of coping mechanism? Some of you make it sound like they play LVG zombie ball. Just look at the sheer amount of chances they create every game. Guy is one of the most lethal finishers in the game. He'll be a beast there.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I've barely watched the guy, so you might well be right.

But again, rumours he might be ignoring Borrusia doctors and playing through pain make me happy he's not coming to United because we know how these players do here.

Plus he's a Raiola client, so it's a no from me.
Agreed, it's a bit disturbing that he's refusing MRI and taking pain-killers to play through pain, kind of how Rashford did for a different injury and he's not looked the same.

It's still too early to say whether he's an injury-prone player, he could just be growing into his body and put the issues behind him, but it's definitely something to keep an eye on in the future. Either way, there's a lot of noise the City deal is almost wrapped up, so it won't even be an option for United anyways. and maybe they're better off that way.

Drainy

Genuinely can't believe the amount of people who thinks he'll flop at City. Must be some kind of coping mechanism? Some of you make it sound like they play LVG zombie ball. Just look at the sheer amount of chances they create every game. Guy is one of the most lethal finishers in the game. He'll be a beast there.
Yeah, it's pure cope

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He looks like he's hiding a massive amount of pain right now, it's not looking great. He's limping at times walking around, the guy needs to spend more time recovering from his injuries or he's going to shorten his career which would be a huge shame for that kind of talent.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
With every passing week, he looks less and less exciting.

Think he'll be a bullet dodged for numerous top clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.