Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matriac

Hard to believe this. If its so high then there was no need for a clause in the first place
Sancho says hi.

Besides, don't trust everything the BILD says. They are pro anything German teams.

It also says total value, not that the sum is 100m. Might be other factors that they can inflate the perceived value on.

Bwuk

Greenwood is a great player in his own right but he's completely different to Haaland.

Greenwood could play with Haaland as part of a 2, or either side of him.

teteus

Supports
Flamengo
Madrid were equally terrible when Ronaldo decided to join them, then they built such a brilliant team that dominated CL like no other club.

Also not sure how his development will stagnate at Barca, ManUtd, PSG or Madrid. He will always get plenty of chances at every club as he makes half chances into good chances because of his movement. With players like Bruno, Pogba in the midfield, Haaland will get plenty of chances.

Things change very quickly in football, Liverpool for 2 years looked like they can't do anything wrong, it was all perfect. City for 1.5 seasons looked like average team. Now Liverpool can't do anything right and City cant do anything wrong.

If he wants to build legacy then he should go to Spain top 2. No club will build the legacy of player like those 2.

Spanish twins are institutions that will always have the allure for big players and they can always make money. COVID may have put a damper in their operations but given the choice of coming to England vs going to madrid/barca, nine times out of ten you know what players will do.

Haaland will be amazing for Madrid, I hope he doesn't end up there.
Haaland in United would be a waste of his talent, United's midfield is so terribly uncreative. He would be wasted like CR7 at Juve (though I'm not excusing CR7's terrible performance in yesterday's game in particular). Haaland might even regress his interplay in United and coached by Ole. For the good of his evolution as a player, he must not go to United. United lacks the sophisticated level of collective interplay, triangles, passing and so on that City and Bayern have.

Real Madrid won't recover soon. Even with CR7, that took some time. And Real Madrid now is even worse than in 2009. Barcelona is financially fecked, I can't see them putting a great team again anytime soon.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Haaland in United would be a waste of his talent, United's midfield is so terribly uncreative. He would be wasted like CR7 at Juve (though I'm not excusing CR7's terrible performance in yesterday's game in particular). Haaland might even regress his interplay in United and coached by Ole. For the good of his evolution as a player, he must not go to United. United lacks the sophisticated level of collective interplay, triangles, passing and so on that City and Bayern have.

Real Madrid won't recover soon. Even with CR7, that took some time. And Real Madrid now is even worse than in 2009. Barcelona is financially fecked, I can't see them putting a great team again anytime soon.
Yeah only City are great team, rest all are fecked.

teteus

Supports
Flamengo
Yeah only City are great team, rest all are fecked.
I literally mentioned Bayern as a great team too.

And yes, right now only Bayern and City are great, specially in the collective technical and passing level of their football. Juventus, Barcelona and Real Madrid are pathetic.

Chief123

How does a team end up being the highest scoring team in the league and yet still be uncreative?

Have you actually seen how many big chances we miss? We create more chances than anyone. Bruno stats would be insane if our strikers actually finished half the chances.

roonster09

Scout
I literally mentioned Bayern as a great team too.

And yes, right now only Bayern and City are great, specially in the collective technical and passing level of their football. Juventus, Barcelona and Real Madrid are pathetic.
Yeah last season only Liverpool was great team and Bayern once they appointed Flick. That's how quickly things change.

Smores

To win the title we need to fill the gaps in our team. Our gaps are:
  • Striker
  • Right winger
  • Midfield balance behind Bruno
  • Arguably Maguire partner
We can win with the rest. We could maybe win with Lindelof and Maguire if the rest was sorted. Just signing Haaland won't do it, just signing Sancho wouldn't do it, and even signing the 2 of them likely wouldn't do it as our attack would be good, but the midfield wouldn't be balanced. We need to figure out a creativity, control, work rate and defensive solidity balance between the 2 holding midfielders. Pogba next to Fred or McTominay doesn't have enough defensive solidity, not Pogba means we don't have enough creativity or control.
Christ imagine signing Sancho and Haaland and thinking yeah we still don't have enough to win the title :houllier:

Any manager that can't compete for a title with either one of those coming in should be promptly shown the door.

You don't need a top player in every position to compete for a title. It's incredible that this narrative has become more popular with our fanbase.

teteus

Supports
Flamengo
Yeah last season only Liverpool was great team and Bayern once they appointed Flick. That's how quickly things change.
And yet United has been bad ever since Ferguson left in 2013. And Barcelona only becomes worse every season after 2016.

roonster09

Scout
And yet United has been bad ever since Ferguson left in 2013. And Barcelona only becomes worse every season after 2016.
Yeah which means ManUtd will never recover :houllier:. Maybe they should just shut the club too.

Madrid are La Liga champions, won shit loads of CLs, they will be back again like they always do.

Your city worship is hilarious though.

Brightonian

United lacks the sophisticated level of collective interplay, triangles, passing and so on that City and Bayern have.
Yes, I was dazzled by the sophistication of their triangles when we were comfortably beating them last week. Or all those times we beat them last season.

I can't think of a top player in world football less likely to care about whose football is prettier than Haaland. He'll only care about three things: money, goals, trophies. He might pick City for those things, sure, but he won't be stroking himself senseless over their 'level of collective interplay' like you are.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Christ imagine signing Sancho and Haaland and thinking yeah we still don't have enough to win the title :houllier:

Any manager that can't compete for a title with either one of those coming in should be promptly shown the door.

You don't need a top player in every position to compete for a title. It's incredible that this narrative has become more popular with our fanbase.
When the standard for winning the title has become 90+ points, yeah it is... its not a top player in every position. It's not having a clear weak point. Look at all top title winning sides. They don't have a right wing as weak as ours, a CB partnership as weak as ours, they don't have an unbalanced midfield like us.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I will say that if Dortmund says this is the least amount we will take or he stays, teams may not want to keep dancing around that price like they did with Sancho last year.

Personally, I hope Roman has already got the checkbook open and ready to write down what Dortmund says is the price.

Crashoutcassius

We have scored most goals in league. We would have scored more if we had an actual striker. He is clearly suited to counter attack football, which United are the best in the world at (not lately with extreme injury situation clearly )

red thru&thru

To be fair there hasn't been that many great Nordic players. But the narrative was always that we had first dibs on them and English players. My point being you have to be a successful club first and foremost, that's one of the most important things for any top player. Money always helps but is largely a secondary factor. Longer we remain in wilderness and distant from top trophies harder its going to become to attract talent like Haaland.
We lost plenty of signings under Fergie when we were on top. Just comes down to the player and his people.

weltcheftrainer

Supports
schalke
Champions League changed a lot. The competition was tougher 15 years ago. Today there are many mediocre teams.

teteus

Supports
Flamengo
Yes, I was dazzled by the sophistication of their triangles when we were comfortably beating them last week. Or all those times we beat them last season.

I can't think of a top player in world football less likely to care about whose football is prettier than Haaland. He'll only care about three things: money, goals, trophies. He might pick City for those things, sure, but he won't be stroking himself senseless over their 'level of collective interplay' like you are.
We have scored most goals in league. We would have scored more if we had an actual striker. He is clearly suited to counter attack football, which United are the best in the world at (not lately with extreme injury situation clearly )
What team is far ahead in the table? Do you really think that City isn't far better than United? The pre-match thread here had everyone betting that City would smash United or that the most United could hope for was a 0-0 draw. And despite the loss, City didn't play badly, they were often very good in the first half, but Gabriel Jesus and Sterling are shitty finishers. United won with merits in good counter-attacks and City had and off-day and faded in the second half, specially after suffering the second goal.

The sad truth is that United is generally terrible when they need to be proactive, they always play far better when the opposition tries to steamroll them. Like the Brazil team trained by Dunga. United is very one-note and inconsistent, that's the big problem. And they are not UCL champion quality level yet.

Anyway, let's stop make this discussion all about City. Bayern is at least as good as City

Anyway, I'm not talking about prettiness of football. I fear that Haaland in United might suffer the same problem that CR7 suffers in Juventus. United's level of play isn't that much better than Juventus and United is inconsistent.

You guys are all focusing on United while I also criticized harshly Barcelona. Actually, United might even be a better destiny than Barcelona.

United can recover, but I'm not seeing that happening unless the board finally learns how to spend money wisely on good players for the right positions and if United doesn' find a coach better than Ole. United's not gonna be UCL winner level with Ole as coach, sorry.

RedDevilzFox

What team is far ahead in the table? Do you really think that City isn't far better than United? The pre-match thread here had everyone betting that City would smash United or that the most United could hope for was a 0-0 draw. And despite the loss, City didn't play badly, they were often very good in the first half, but Gabriel Jesus and Sterling are shitty finishers. United won with merits in good counter-attacks and City had and off-day and faded in the second half, specially after suffering the second goal.

The sad truth is that United is generally terrible when they need to be proactive, they always play far better when the opposition tries to steamroll them. Like the Brazil team trained by Dunga. United is very one-note and inconsistent, that's the big problem. And they are not UCL champion quality level yet.

Anyway, let's stop make this discussion all about City. Bayern is at least as good as City

Anyway, I'm not talking about prettiness of football. I fear that Haaland in United might suffer the same problem that CR7 suffers in Juventus. United's level of play isn't that much better than Juventus and United is inconsistent.

You guys are all focusing on United while I also criticized harshly Barcelona. Actually, United might even be a better destiny than Barcelona.

United can recover, but I'm not seeing that happening unless the board finally learns how to spend money wisely on good players for the right positions and if United doesn' find a coach better than Ole. United's not gonna be UCL winner level with Ole as coach, sorry.
I generally agree with your post. I don't think United can win PL/CL with Ole. I don't necessarily think our players are bad, I think all things being equal the team is on par with Liverpool and not too behind City. I just don't think we have a clue how to play any other way than defend and counter. Any tactical coaching seems missing entirely and in game management is mediocre and that's putting it mildly. I don't think Ole is terrible and he's done better than I expected. But where is this all going?

humiliated

If we consider our for , or lack thereof, over so many recent games/seasons, surely it has got to be realised , that only great Club Managers , can do this . We've tried it with LVH and Jose . Didn't work. Sticking with Ole , things will not change. Max Allegri is sitting in the wings , are we gonna miss our chance again ?

roonster09

Scout
If we consider our for , or lack thereof, over so many recent games/seasons, surely it has got to be realised , that only great Club Managers , can do this . We've tried it with LVH and Jose . Didn't work. Sticking with Ole , things will not change. Max Allegri is sitting in the wings , are we gonna miss our chance again ?
Yeah, things change quickly when you do the right appointment.

Crashoutcassius

Just making the point that we scored more goals than anyone else in a season where everyone is struggling. Incredible achievement given our options up front are half of cavani, martial, a bunch of academy kids

Roboc7

I still see him staying at Dortmund for another year, by then he might have more options on the table as a lot of teams aren’t going to have much to spend this summer.

teteus

Supports
Flamengo
Just making the point that we scored more goals than anyone else in a season where everyone is struggling. Incredible achievement given our options up front are half of cavani, martial, a bunch of academy kids
And what does that change in everything else I said?

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Apparently his dad hates Man Utd! Don’t think his agent is a big fan either :nervous:
What if it's actually an Inception like seed in his brain where he thinks to truly make his own way he has to play for United to make his father proud.

croadyman

Know people won't agree but we desperately need to sort out the midfield and wide areas before a ST

RRCE

Know people won't agree but we desperately need to sort out the midfield and wide areas before a ST
I agree completely. Our ball retention and passing from midfield is generally quite poor. A proper RW and CDM would transform our team, and our forwards (while perhaps not perfect) would look much better. I'd prioritize those areas over a CB, as well.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I still see him staying at Dortmund for another year, by then he might have more options on the table as a lot of teams aren’t going to have much to spend this summer.
To do that he would need to sign a new contract to remove that below market price buy out that goes into effect. He has a shrewd agent that knows if he moves, he gets a fat commission now, and probably in two years when he moves again. I don't see his agent being that charitable.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
To do that he would need to sign a new contract to remove that below market price buy out that goes into effect. He has a shrewd agent that knows if he moves, he gets a fat commission now, and probably in two years when he moves again. I don't see his agent being that charitable.
Must admit that I don't get this post. The poster you replied to said that he expects Haaland to stay at BVB until summer 2022, which is when the famous buy out clause goes into effect. I would say that this is a rather safe thing to expect, and I don't understand your point about Haaland needing to sign a new contract.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Why wouldnt he just move next summer and get a fat signon

Roboc7

That can easily be done and Raiola is getting a big fat commission whatever happens.

beingshe7don

Haaland & Sancho for 150m + Martial + Dalot would be a great deal. That would sort our attack for years and would bring in all the revenue. It would also showcase the fact that United mean business like what Chelsea did over last summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.