Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Chelsea - Lukaku
City - Kane
Bayern - Lewandowski
Real Madrid - Mbappe
Barcelona - Aguero

So if the above is how Europe's big teams start next season as regard main striker, the theory is it'll be United vs PSG for Haaland? I could see PSG going for Salah to replace Mbappe and Liverpool going for Haaland as well.
PSG - Ronaldo
Utd - Haaland

;)

Rojofiam

Makes a ton of sense! :lol:
Please tell me a team that's better than us based on the 2020/2021 season that's not Manchester City, Bayern Munich or Paris Saint-Germain.

We did have brainfarts in very important games (Leipzig A, Villarreal), no doubts about that, but please, take a look at the supposedly best teams in Europe.

We are comfortably ahead of every Italian club now that Conte has left Inter. Juve are a mess and struggling financially. Allegri will probably make them stroll the league again now that Inter will likely be nowhere near, but their squad is worse than ours.

La Liga has become so bad in terms of quality that a very weak Atletico Madrid side won it last season. They are atrocious with no real attacking outlets, especially in big games. RM and Barcelona were even worse last season.

Before you claim that Liverpool and/or Chelsea are definitely better teams, they'll have to prove that first, especially the former. As for Chelsea, their current side is overrated due to their CL win. You can't put them ahead of us based on 2 game knockout ties against weak teams and a one-off final against City, which Guardiola overcomplicated for themselves, when they have been behind us in the PL in the past 2 seasons. You know, the 38-game season where quality can be measured much more accurately than a high-variance knockout stage.

Not gonna stay off-topic anymore, you'll see how right I was when we're finally rightly considered as a European superpower after next season. We're also one of the favorites for Haaland if you're not a doom & gloom poster.

MUFC OK

Raiola works for Haaland, he doesn't own nor make decisions for Haaland's career and life mate. He can only advise him.

Raiola is a cnut, but he's really good at his job. If only because of his own personal feeling he'd advise Haaland against his best interests then he'd simply fail big time at the very basis of being a professional agent.

So my only worry is would United be the best option for him or not. Financially wise it shouldn't be a problem, so the issue is simply how we'd do in the PL and CL this season I think.
Can’t see us winning either without a midfield addition. I’m already having nightmares of McFred starting all the big games.

Nicklas

Yes please!
I’m right though. If as a teenager, Haaland turns down Manchester United, why do people think he’ll choose us now?
Why are people (like you) talking like we’re Burnley? Anyway, here are some of the reasons why Haaland would like to play here:
  • Chance to play for the biggest club in England and one of the biggest in the world
  • Chance to play in front of 76 000 fans every week
  • Rumours were that one of the reason he didn’t sign for us was the insecurity of Oles job, that should be changed now
  • Chance to reunite with Ole and Sancho
  • Chance to play for the most popular team in Norway
  • Chance to join a very young and promising squad and be the talisman here
  • £££

lsd

The Oracle
More chance of Gerrard managing us next season than of us buying Haaland

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Why are people (like you) talking like we’re Burnley? Anyway, here are some of the reasons why Haaland would like to play here:
  • Chance to play for the biggest club in England and one of the biggest in the world
  • Rumours were that one of the reason he didn’t sign for us was the insecurity of Oles job, that should be changed now
  • £££
There are only a handful of clubs out there can afford wages of Mbappe/Haaland/Messi/Neymar, and Man Utd is one of them. So Man Utd definitely has the chance to sign him. Money matters, the rest is not that relevant.

DON’T PANIC ™

• £££
Only 2 of those reasons make sense.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
As it looks more likely that Kane isn't going to City you have to fancy them going for Haaland next summer.
I really don’t. Pep and Raiola hate each other and Haaland is not the striker for Pep’s football. Kane is literally made for that role and if it doesn’t happen this summer it will happen next for a lot less money.

With Mbappe going to Madrid this/next summer and Lukaku going to Chelsea, the only two clubs I can see going in for Haaland is United and PSG. I don’t
Only 2 of those reasons make sense.
To you. I expect he will think differently.

Judas

Open to offers
Really? I don’t recall that at all.
Doubt City would have sold him to a rival even if true.
City wouldn't sell Sancho to us. He's wanted to join us since he was at City, our interest in him is beyond well known, we'd been admiring him for ages. All your posts seem to be the usual self loathing shite slagging us off, it's weird.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
You'd think by now everyone would know why he went to Dortmund over us

1- concerns over playing time here
2- felt Dortmund would be a good stepping stone
3- we wouldn't entertain next summers release clause

Seriously how many times must this be repeated now? :(

Judas

Open to offers

Its the usual people who apparently support Utd but constantly want to stick the boot in. They'll never want to believe the well known and fair enough truth.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

You left off being concerned it was another Ramos contract situation.

DON’T PANIC ™

City wouldn't sell Sancho to us. He's wanted to join us since he was at City, our interest in him is beyond well known, we'd been admiring him for ages.
Any evidence of us trying to buy him? Anyway my point is Haaland couldve joined us but didn’t, completely different situation to Sancho.

I won’t bother responding to the latter part of your post, no need.

Judas

Open to offers
Any evidence of us trying to buy him? Anyway my point is Haaland couldve joined us but didn’t, completely different situation to Sancho.

I won’t bother responding to the latter part of your post, no need.
You're living on another planet, a planet where we didn't sign Sancho, Varane and aren't a draw to players, if you think we've no chance of signing Haaland.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I really don’t. Pep and Raiola hate each other and Haaland is not the striker for Pep’s football. Kane is literally made for that role and if it doesn’t happen this summer it will happen next for a lot less money.

With Mbappe going to Madrid this/next summer and Lukaku going to Chelsea, the only two clubs I can see going in for Haaland is United and PSG. I don’t

To you. I expect he will think differently.
That’s a really good point. Unless Pep leaves next season, then there is little to no chance that City would do business with Riola.

DON’T PANIC ™

You're living on another planet, a planet where we didn't sign Sancho, Varane and aren't a draw to players, if you think we've no chance of signing Haaland.
I never doubted we’d sign Sancho, was frustrated that we didn’t get him a year earlier because the Glazers wouldn’t pay up.

I wasn’t alone in doubting the validity of the Varane rumours, thinking it was a ploy to get a better contract at Madrid. So I was wrong, I couldn’t be happier that we got him.
Similarly, should Haaland join Utd in the near future I’ll be delirious, I just don’t see it happening based on HIS decision not to join us previously.

It’s a joke that just because a poster has a different opinion on whether a player is likely to join his Club, the strength/validity of their support is called into question.

RedDevilLucio

Just a note on his social media. It’s all pics in Dortmund gear looking happy as Larry. Haaland is going nowhere while Jan at the earliest.

SuperiorXI

Only problem is Raiola, everything else makes perfect sense but Raiola at this point is a deal breaker for sure. The club should avoid working with him in the future.

theklr

Real would have no problems getting both Mbappe on a free and Haaland next summer

Giggsy13

More chance of Gerrard managing us next season than of us buying Haaland
How so? We were close to signing him a few years ago and will be in prime position amongst the English clubs to sign him next season. Some may not want to believe it, but we’re on the up.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We had our chance to sign Haaland before he went to Dortmund. He chose Dortmund over us. No way he’s choosing us now or next year.

Assuming City and Chelsea sign expensive strikers this summer, Im thinking he’ll go to Barcelona, Madrid or Liverpool.
He didn't choose Dortmund over us at all. United enquired about his availability and it became apparent that Raiola wanted a 68m buy out clause written into the deal and we wanted nothing to do with it and rightly so.

Had we matched their offer and offered him more wages he'd have come to us for sure. We just couldn't risk the release clause.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Have they suddenly got rich again then?
Real Madrid is doing a great job managing their finance. When the pandemic is over and the revenue back to 2019 level they will have more resource again. Real Madrid has been selling players for the last couple seasons. Bale will be off the wage bill in a year of time too.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Real Madrid is doing a great job managing their finance. When the pandemic is over and the revenue back to 2019 level they will have more resource again. Real Madrid has been selling players for the last couple seasons. Bale will be off the wage bill in a year of time too.
not just Bale, the amount of money off their wage bill after this season is filthy that any team could ever afford that amount. They will be lean and ready to spend.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Really? I don’t recall that at all.
Doubt City would have sold him to a rival even if true.
Jadon Sancho is a Manchester United transfer coup four years in the making

Sancho is a deal three years and 11 months in the making. The Manchester Evening News was the first to reveal United's interest in signing the winger in 2017 as he ran down his contract at Manchester City, where Sancho was mismanaged by Pep Guardiola and cut from that summer's pre-season tour.

daba

We had our chance to sign Haaland before he went to Dortmund. He chose Dortmund over us. No way he’s choosing us now or next year.

Assuming City and Chelsea sign expensive strikers this summer, Im thinking he’ll go to Barcelona, Madrid or Liverpool.
Ah yeah decent theory that. Weren’t we close to signing Varane previously?

I think us showing interest previously is only a positive. Who knows the true reasons why he chose Dortmund over us or anyone else. Whether we said no to a release clause or he simply wanted to make the right move for his development, either way, we showed our intent and interest.

We have a lot going for us and add in links like his relationship with Ole, Sancho and the Prem in general, I’d say we’re in a pretty tidy position.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Please tell me a team that's better than us based on the 2020/2021 season that's not Manchester City, Bayern Munich or Paris Saint-Germain.

We did have brainfarts in very important games (Leipzig A, Villarreal), no doubts about that, but please, take a look at the supposedly best teams in Europe.

We are comfortably ahead of every Italian club now that Conte has left Inter. Juve are a mess and struggling financially. Allegri will probably make them stroll the league again now that Inter will likely be nowhere near, but their squad is worse than ours.

La Liga has become so bad in terms of quality that a very weak Atletico Madrid side won it last season. They are atrocious with no real attacking outlets, especially in big games. RM and Barcelona were even worse last season.

Before you claim that Liverpool and/or Chelsea are definitely better teams, they'll have to prove that first, especially the former. As for Chelsea, their current side is overrated due to their CL win. You can't put them ahead of us based on 2 game knockout ties against weak teams and a one-off final against City, which Guardiola overcomplicated for themselves, when they have been behind us in the PL in the past 2 seasons. You know, the 38-game season where quality can be measured much more accurately than a high-variance knockout stage.

Not gonna stay off-topic anymore, you'll see how right I was when we're finally rightly considered as a European superpower after next season. We're also one of the favorites for Haaland if you're not a doom & gloom poster.
I think you missed what I was trying to say. I was pointing out how it makes no sense to call a player unambitious for joining Bayern or PSG (but ambitious for joining United) if they're two of the teams you consider better.

Strelok

not just Bale, the amount of money off their wage bill after this season is filthy that any team could ever afford that amount. They will be lean and ready to spend.
I'd doubt if they could scavenge +150m by next summer. Mbappe will be on a free but his signing bonus and agent fee would still be astronomical. If they sign both they'd need around 200m cash.

And they'd also need to address a long overdue rebuild with many positions needed to be replaced. While for us, we'd only need a good midfielder if we don't sign any this summer. We're in a much better state than them I think.

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If that gives them both higher chance of winning trophies, I'm sure they won't mind.
Real Madrid don't have that kind of money, and even with those two they are still far from the best team in the world. They have a lot of work to do, their defense, midfield, everything needs an upgrade and injection of youth. I get there's an allure to Madrid, but it'd be a really dumb career move to go in the near future.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Haaland fee is reportedly 68m next summer. His wages won't be an issue. We will 1 million percent be in for him. Whether he decides to join us is another thing.

He did meet with Ole 2 years ago with his Dad so the relationship is there. He also really gets on with Sancho.

We have a chance for sure. Cavani leaving summer 2022 will open up the door to a top forward coming in. We won't stick with just Greenwood/Martial.

Status
Not open for further replies.