Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cman

I’m now super confident that he will be a Utd player by this time next year.
With city going for Kane and Chelsea after Lukaku. I think there must be noises coming out of Haalands camp that he wants to join us. He’s worth waiting a year for and if city and Chelsea were confident of getting him next year then they wouldn’t be making the moves they are.
He said in an interview a few months back that a big factor in deciding where he will go next is that he needs to feel wanted.
I’m not sure he will be feeling the love from City and Chelsea now that they have gone after other strikers instead.
I think he’s signature is ours to lose. We have to show this season that we are returning to the top and make him believe he will spearhead a return to the glory days at OT. Do that and he will sign.
I’m chaining myself onto this train and just threw away the keys. Chooo chooo

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
History says when every top club in Europe was really interested in one player that player never went to Chelsea. It was just a matter of time people would notice this.

RkkMan

History says when every top club in Europe was really interested in one player that player never went to Chelsea. It was just a matter of time people would notice this.
Being a Madrid supporter you know more than us. Assuming you sign Mbappe for free in a years time, with the new salary cap in Spain will Real Madrid be able to justify his astronomical wages as well as Haaland's whilst remaining below or around that cap?

Siorac

Eden Hazard?

I mean, it's hard to say that every top club was really interested but he was seriously linked with most of them at one point or another before signing for Chelsea.

largelyworried

What are PSG doing with all that Mbappe money?
I can see PSG being the main competitor in that situation. But despite all the talk of how much wages he can earn, Haaland looks motivated by football, not money. Playing in the French league can't be all that appealing to someone who wants to be the best. Yeah, you'd have a straight run at the CL every year, but if United can show that we're a decent team in that competition, then I don't see PSG having the upper hand.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Eden Hazard?

I mean, it's hard to say that every top club was really interested but he was seriously linked with most of them at one point or another before signing for Chelsea.
You answered yourself here. I mean, we have to make a distinction between a player everyone likes and a player everyone wants.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Eh… how many other examples are there of players “everyone wants”? Most of the time there’s always going to be one club who leads the way by starting negotiations quicker etc.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Being a Madrid supporter you know more than us. Assuming you sign Mbappe for free in a years time, with the new salary cap in Spain will Real Madrid be able to justify his astronomical wages as well as Haaland's whilst remaining below or around that cap?
There are multiple factors to consider there and I very much doubt anyone can forecast them so much time ahead in the future. I have no idea to be honest.

mu4c_20le

Eh… how many other examples are there of players “everyone wants”? Most of the time there’s always going to be one club who leads the way by starting negotiations quicker etc.
Ironically Hazard was the prime example because he basically shopped himself around Europe before choosing Chelsea on the end.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Give me an example of a player every top club wanted at the same time?

Godfather

If Chelsea get Lukaku and City Kane I can't see Haaland ending up anywhere else than here. Don't think he'll go to Spain or France.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ironically Hazard was the prime example because he basically shopped himself around Europe before choosing Chelsea on the end.
He didn't choose Chelsea exactly, they were the only ones willing to meet the high (at the time) agent fees.

Fergie himself admitted they didn't want to start paying over the top fees to 'greedy agents' and decided to pull out.

Who he would have chosen at that point is obviously hard to say, but back then money was different.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
OK then, give me a player every top club in Europe wanted at the same time that ended up choosing a domestic rival?
Pogba - who you failed to sign the previous summer

Andersons Dietician

Even if Chelsea don't get Lukaku, I still don't see Håland going there next year.

If he wanted to go Chelsea, they wouldn't be trying for Lukaku. A bit like us last year with Sancho. We wanted him, he wanted us but we couldn't agree the deal, so we waited.

This tells me Håland doesn’t really fancy Chelsea.
I think it’s more a case of City and Chelsea need strikers now and don’t feel like they can afford to wait a year and compete again for the league and champions league. We have Cavani who will probably age out perfectly in time for us to be competitive this year and bring in Haaland or Mbappe next year.

Hopefully Chelsea and City get their men so next year it’s just probably us and Madrid as viable options with Bayern and PSG being the dark horses.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
Like who? I can't think of a player off the top of my head who every big club seriously went for (inc Chelsea).

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Pogba - who you failed to sign the previous summer
At the risk sounding petty, is Pogba to United any different than Hazard to Chelsea?

The original poster made a point about Chelsea specifically never landing a player the entire of Europe's elite also want. Those players are rare anyway so not many example to pick from so I was surprised at Chelsea being singled out as some kind serial loser in these bidding wars for elite talent.

Anyway, I'll no longer derail the thread.

Siorac

You answered yourself here. I mean, we have to make a distinction between a player everyone likes and a player everyone wants.
Same applies to Haaland though. Every club would be happy to have him but not every club will make an actual move for him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
At the risk sounding petty, is Pogba to United any different than Hazard to Chelsea?

The original poster made a point about Chelsea specifically never landing a player the entire of Europe's elite also want. Those players are rare anyway so not many example to pick from so I was surprised at Chelsea being singled out as some kind serial loser in these bidding wars for elite talent.

I agree with you

tidraKS

If he doesn't go from Dortmund this year, and we still think of signing a CF next year (Greenwood doesn't develop or something), I think we've got a really good chance of signing him. Relationship with Ole, Sancho could be key.

Tony247

Very mysterious. All so quiet about him. Somehow all super rich clubs don't want to pursue him this summer and avoid bidding war next year. Chelsea tried and gave up quickly, and equally quickly trying to close different striker. That is so un-Roman. If Roman had any hint that there is a fair chance of signing him next year then Chelsea would have waited. But no, and I am getting convinced that he has made up his mind where he wants to go. He must be internally sending clear message 'not you, no'.

So, which club is it? Madrid?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Even if Chelsea don't get Lukaku, I still don't see Håland going there next year.

If he wanted to go Chelsea, they wouldn't be trying for Lukaku. A bit like us last year with Sancho. We wanted him, he wanted us but we couldn't agree the deal, so we waited.

This tells me Håland doesn’t really fancy Chelsea.
Or he’s turned them down and they want a CF now

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
A legendary ITK of Real Madrid is convinced that he has a binding agreement with Florentino, not with Madrid, since his father traveled to Madrid the day the elections were called (from that day the candidate can operate individually, without depending on the board).

Polar

A move to United becomes more and more likely. I’m very optimistic:drool:

Next year at this time we will see him in the United shirt - maybe already in January. I guess we have to pay close to €150m.
  • Chelsea isn’t his first or second choice
  • Chelsea buy Lukaku €130m :lol:
  • Kane to City
  • Mbappe to RM
  • New contract to Ole
  • Sancho reunion.
  • Dortmund and United landed the Sancho deal and have got to know each other well.
I think Ole as manager and a reunion with Sancho means more to Haaland than many people think.

United could negotiate a package deal that benefit Raiola (Pogba and Haaland), example that United offer Pogba a good contract or put a low price tag on him (January).

Wouldn’t be surprised if United already has reached a gentleman’s agreement with both Dortmund and Haaland - United have said they are willing to pay what Dortmund demands and let Dortmund decide when they are ready for a sale.

theklr

• Mbappe to RM
Yeah, but if they are signing him on a free next year they'll have the money to get Haaland, and he will for sure enjoy the thought of Mbappe next to him/on the wing.

Tony247

A move to United becomes more and more likely. I’m very optimistic:drool:

Next year at this time we will see him in the United shirt - maybe already in January. I guess we have to pay close to €150m.
  • Chelsea isn’t his first or second choice
  • Chelsea buy Lukaku €130m :lol:
  • Kane to City
  • Mbappe to RM
  • New contract to Ole
  • Sancho reunion.
  • Dortmund and United landed the Sancho deal and have got to know each other well.
I think Ole as manager and a reunion with Sancho means more to Haaland than many people think.

United could negotiate a package deal that benefit Raiola (Pogba and Haaland), example that United offer Pogba a good contract or put a low price tag on him (January).

Wouldn’t be surprised if United already has reached a gentleman’s agreement with both Dortmund and Haaland - United have said they are willing to pay what Dortmund demands and let Dortmund decide when they are ready for a sale.
You are forgetting Madrid factor. Why I think mbappe, pogba and haaland all heading to Madrid next year.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Same applies to Haaland though. Every club would be happy to have him but not every club will make an actual move for him.
What defines Haaland's situation and makes it different to Hazard's is that all clubs in Europe, right or wrong, think that he will dominate football in the next decade. Hazard was obviously seen as a fantastic player and Chelsea got it right signing him, but he didn't have that kind of status back at the time.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

I agree, it's a silly point. Anyway, usually only a handful of players are in for a particular player

meamth

With city going for Kane and Chelsea after Lukaku. I think there must be noises coming out of Haalands camp that he wants to join us. He’s worth waiting a year for and if city and Chelsea were confident of getting him next year then they wouldn’t be making the moves they are.
He said in an interview a few months back that a big factor in deciding where he will go next is that he needs to feel wanted.
I’m not sure he will be feeling the love from City and Chelsea now that they have gone after other strikers instead.
I think he’s signature is ours to lose. We have to show this season that we are returning to the top and make him believe he will spearhead a return to the glory days at OT. Do that and he will sign.
I can't find the key, but let me join in please.

Ch-

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Those moves are yet to go through. Then you still have PSG (who will be hurting post Mbappe) and Bayern to deal with. Maybe Juve too who have to replace Ronaldo.

We do have a place for him already with Martial not living up to expectations and Cavani being old. But I'm not sure we sign a Raiola player given the issues with him during Pogba's time, and also I think he'll want to go to a CL challenger now.

OleBoiii

With City's infinite money anything could happen, but it does seem more likely that Haaland ends up in United now.

- I just can't see City going for both Kane and Haaland. Not even they are that crazy.
- I just can't see Chelsea going for both Lukaku and Haaland either.
- Real and Barca are struggling financially.
- Ole being in charge of United and having a good relationship with Haaland.
- The Dortmund-United connection.

Even if he doesn't consider United to be his optimal goal or first choice, he's still just 21 years old. His prime could still be two contracts away. United could be a logical next step. He'd be a starter for one of the best clubs in the best league in the world. It's the right move for him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
With City's infinite money anything could happen, but it does seem more likely that Haaland ends up in United now.

- I just can't see City going for both Kane and Haaland. Not even they are that crazy.
- I just can't see Chelsea going for both Lukaku and Haaland either.
- Real and Barca are struggling financially.
- Ole being in charge of United and having a good relationship with Haaland.
- The Dortmund-United connection.

Even if he doesn't consider United to be his optimal goal or first choice, he's still just 21 years old. His prime could still be two contracts away. United could be a logical next step. He'd be a starter for one of the best clubs in the best league in the world. It's the right move for him.
Yep short term pain for long term gain

redshaw

Hope you're right

I'm now a little bit more confident we have a chance. I wonder with City and Chelsea are going after Kane and Rom is that they've been told Haaland is joining United next season.

One problem is Haaland loves the CL the PL teams bar City rotate in and out of it. We really have to make ourselves certain top 2 or 3 contenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.