Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dosse

What a dream signing this would be next summer! Yes he's a Raiola agent but by then we will have rid of Pogba most likely. That leaves room for just 1 bite of Raiola cirkus and this time, maybe the player himself (Haaland)will pay more back in therm of contribution? Would love to be a fly on the wall at Ole's office..

TheLittleOne

I thought Chelsea is going to be the biggest competitor. Now they want Lukaku? Didn't see that coming. Even before I liked our chances now very optimistic he will come here.

slyadams

Same was said about Sancho, and Varane...

Maybe just maybe the club aren't such buffoons anymore with Ole in charge?
Was never said about Sancho, we knew almost immediately he wanted to come if we could agree the fee.

Imagine having this viewpoint when we're clearly still a draw and will happily spend big on fees and wages.
Its not that we're not a draw, but in the same breath if people were talking about Messi I would also dismiss it as being incredibly unlikely. I see Haaland in the same vein.

Nice ideology. Do you apply that type of thinking to every thing in life?
Yes, I'm married.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Was never said about Sancho, we knew almost immediately he wanted to come if we could agree the fee.
What you talking about? loads of muppets said "he's a Chelsea fan, he's going to Chelsea we don't have a chance wah wah wah"

It's literally no different with Haaland. By all reports he was very close to joining from Molde but chose to be the clear number 1 at Dortmund.

He will now be the clear number 1 at United.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I really think PSG is going to go hard if they lose Mbappe. Chelsea cannot compete with the ridiculous wages they will offer him. I think Chelsea has backed off already.

Andersons Dietician

I really think PSG is going to go hard if they lose Mbappe. Chelsea cannot compete with the ridiculous wages they will offer him. I think Chelsea has backed off already.
I don’t think they’ll be an issue. I think the dark horse in all this is Madrid. In theory next season they could get Mbappe, Haaland, Pogba and Camavinga for 150-170 million euros Or less even. Depending of course on the cash flow and can they handle the wages of the big three there.

I don’t see why Haaland would go to PSG. it will surely be to one of the proper leagues.

Here is hoping City get Kane and Chelsea get Lukaku.

davidmichael

City- Getting Kane
Chelsea- Likely getting Lukaku
Barca- Their wage structure is a complete and utter mess which will take more than a year to stabilize especially if Messi inevitably renews
Bayern- His wages and agent fees, Lewandowski still being there till 2023 and them being in the same league when he'll likely want to try somewhere new rules them out
Madrid are the only team we should worry about but if they get Mbappe AS A FREE AGENT they may be out the running due to the new wage cap in Spain
Exactly all of this

Donut

It just seems so predictable that he’ll end up at Bayern.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
It's €85m and there's a difference(BIG DIFFERENCE) between that and €175m excluding Raiola and Alfie's agent fees plus Haaland's inevitably high wages that will take it to around €250m
How are we suddenly at €175m excluding everything? Most of the talk seemed to be around €150m, and since when have we included wages in talk about transfer fees? Wage was supposed to be around the 300-350k a week level, which is high but not Barca levels of shocking.

RkkMan

How are we suddenly at €175m excluding everything? Most of the talk seemed to be around €150m, and since when have we included wages in talk about transfer fees? Wage was supposed to be around the 300-350k a week level, which is high but not Barca levels of shocking.
His transfer fee ALONE has been reported reliably at €175m in Germany. There's a reason why Chelsea are all balls in on Lukaku now the overall package of that deal simply doesn't make sense at this time when the fee will be cut in less than half in a years time

Nero

Can't see Bayern at all. He'll have done the Bundesliga tour.

SoCross

Can we get this to be the new 500k thread? Target is end of the new season.

lysglimt

Scout
It just seems so predictable that he’ll end up at Bayern.
I can't see Bayern paying his wages to be honest - I know Lewandowski has over £300.000 - but as I understand it, he is the only one - with the possible exception of Neuer. Would players like Kimmich, Goretzka, Tolisso, Pavard, Gnabry accept that Haaland comes into the side and makes twice, maybe 3 times more than them ?

slyadams

What you talking about? loads of muppets said "he's a Chelsea fan, he's going to Chelsea we don't have a chance wah wah wah"

It's literally no different with Haaland. By all reports he was very close to joining from Molde but chose to be the clear number 1 at Dortmund.

He will now be the clear number 1 at United.
This feels very different to me given the position and apparent list of suitors for him. Feel free to call me out next summer if I’m wrong.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
You literally just spent about 90m euros on Sancho.
Right. And he was priced much higher last summer. Also, arguably we are in much better financial state than the teams Haaland wanted to jump to: Real Madrid and Barcelona. The latter is slashing wages of existing players, let alone be able to transfer anybody expensive.

Who can still pay for expensive transfers? Maybe us, City, Chelsea, and PSG and that's about it, right? The list used to be wider. And none of even those clubs are going to pay over 100M in this market, I bet.

theklr

I can't see Bayern paying his wages to be honest - I know Lewandowski has over £300.000 - but as I understand it, he is the only one - with the possible exception of Neuer. Would players like Kimmich, Goretzka, Tolisso, Pavard, Gnabry accept that Haaland comes into the side and makes twice, maybe 3 times more than them ?
How much does he want?

RkkMan

How much does he want?
We can
Cavani and Mata are leaving in a year that's over £300k a week off the wage bill
Martial may also leave and probably De Gea that's more wages off the books

theklr

We can
Cavani and Mata are leaving in a year that's over £300k a week off the wage bill
Martial may also leave and probably De Gea that's more wages off the books
Edited my last post there sorry about that - but what is Haaland wage demands?

Teja

And Lewandowski when Pep was at Bayern too.
I've been thinking about this recently as well. He scored ~30 a season under Pep and basically continued around the same rate after Pep left. I wonder if fans who watch the Bundesliga more would shed some light here, it seems like Lewa's not really a Pep style striker either but the goals are there.

In terms of his overall game, was Lewa better during the Guardiola years / after Pep / about the same?

Lukaku going to Chelsea is probably the best thing that could have happened to us on this front, if City get Kane then we really should be one of the favorites next summer if the Glazers are willing to open up the funds for it. He's the only Raiola client I'd want us to go for. Haaland, Sancho, Rashford, Greenwood and Bruno would legitimately sort our attack for the next 5 years unless someone forces their way out. Summer 2022 is going to be full of muppetry I can already feel it.

laughtersassassin

Lukaku going to Chelsea is probably the best thing that could have happened to us on this front, if City get Kane then we really should be one of the favorites next summer if the Glazers are willing to open up the funds for it. He's the only Raiola client I'd want us to go for. Haaland, Sancho, Rashford, Greenwood and Bruno would legitimately sort our attack for the next 5 years unless someone forces their way out. Summer 2022 is going to be full of muppetry I can already feel it.
If this gets us Halaand then it's fantastic.

If it doesn't it's not great because Lukaku does improve Chelsea for sure.

I'd nearly go as far to say as it should be forcing us into getting a DM this year because our competition from Chelsea City and Liverpool is insanely fierce.

Imo we could come anywhere in that top 4 from 2nd to 4th.

If we get the DM and keep Pogba it could legitimately be anyone's fight for 1st.

If this gets us Halaand then it's fantastic.

If it doesn't it's not great because Lukaku does improve Chelsea for sure.

I'd nearly go as far to say as it should be forcing us into getting a DM this year because our competition from Chelsea City and Liverpool is insanely fierce.

Imo we could come anywhere in that top 4 from 2nd to 4th.

If we get the DM and keep Pogba it could legitimately be anyone's fight for 1st.
Right I'm only talking about its implications for Haaland. It makes the top 4/title challenge all the more difficult as Lukaku will turn a lot of dropped points against lower-midtable teams into wins for Chelsea. I agree a DM is probably a must for this season if we want second again because Chelsea and Pool won't shit the bed like last year, although maybe the improvement from Varane and Sancho can get us there if we start the season well. If Kane goes to City and stays fit obviously title challenge is irrelevant as they'll walk past the 100 points mark.

laughtersassassin

Right I'm only talking about its implications for Haaland. It makes the top 4/title challenge all the more difficult as Lukaku will turn a lot of dropped points against lower-midtable teams into wins for Chelsea. I agree a DM is probably a must for this season if we want second again because Chelsea and Pool won't shit the bed like last year, although maybe the improvement from Varane and Sancho can get us there if we start the season well. If Kane goes to City and stays fit obviously title challenge is irrelevant as they'll walk past the 100 points mark.
Agreed. Long term Chelsea getting Lukaku is good for us.

As you said it increases our chances in Halaand by quite a bit. Would only be 2 maybe 3 other clubs to worry about really.

saivet

They've not been mentioned but surely Juventus could be in the running, assuming Ronaldo leaves as a free agent next summer.

They've not been mentioned but surely Juventus could be in the running, assuming Ronaldo leaves as a free agent next summer.
The same Juve who will barely offer a two year loan with a 15 million option for Locatelli? They do love paying an agent fee and signing bonus on a free transfer but I cant see them affording both Dortmund and Raiola's fees + Haalands wages even with CR7 off the books. I think we're fine on that front to be honest.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Chelsea sign Lukaku and City sign Kane.. that will give us a decent at haland next season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
chelsea fans reactions on twitter are hilarious.

You can tell they’re all so upset, but putting on a brave face and trying to claim lukaku as the 3rd best striker in the world :D

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Mbappe goes to Real
Lukaku goes to Chelsea
Kane goes to City
Liverpool can’t afford him

Yeah, I have this vibe he will come to us next summer.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Haaland is ambitious enough not to go to Ligue 1 from bundes liga. His next aim will be either la liga or EPL.

Utd77

Its a very obvious signing for Utd, absolute no brainer, linking up with Sancho, Bruno etc, Cannot deny Ole is building a very special team.

TheRedHearted

Mbappe goes to Real
Lukaku goes to Chelsea
Kane goes to City
Liverpool can’t afford him

Yeah, I have this vibe he will come to us next summer.
Wouldn’t be surprised if Chelsea sign Lukaku this season and then also Haaland next year. They’re crazy.
But really we have a shot. Let us please go deep in the CL this year. The league - idk. Does anyone think we have a chance

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Please let this happen.
  1. Chelsea buying Lukaku for €120m
  2. City buying Kane and Grealish for €260m
So that we'll have a bigger chance to land Haaland next season. €150m will do it, add a letter of apology from "Roy Keane" to his dad in order to sweeten the deal.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
As per Sky Italia, you have offered 12 million after tax for Lukaku, that would make him highest paid player in the league.

red thru&thru

Even if Chelsea don't get Lukaku, I still don't see Håland going there next year.

If he wanted to go Chelsea, they wouldn't be trying for Lukaku. A bit like us last year with Sancho. We wanted him, he wanted us but we couldn't agree the deal, so we waited.

This tells me Håland doesn’t really fancy Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.