Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAF is the GOAT

Raiola works for Haaland. It is up to the club to convince the player his future lies with the club, and money talks too obviously. If Haaland can get all he wants in terms of trophy and money in Man Utd or City why would he want to go to real madrid? of course he may seek for a new challenge or better weather later on in his career.
Because if they'll show him the right project he can certainly go there

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's safe to say Man City (they've 0 strikers) are EASILY the biggest favorite to sign Haaland unlike Real Madrid as they still have Benzema.

He turned 34 years old yesterday and shows no signs of decline.

Benzema's LaLiga stats in 2021-22 season:

- 18 games
- 15 goals
- 7 assists

copen1945

I do remember seeing that report… wasn’t a great source as I recall. Even more of a reason to suspect that he’ll be going to one of 3-4 clubs: United, Real, PSG and possibly City.
City have always spent, and they will spend again. They have paid above the market value for their mercenaries, liberally using tools like offshore accounts, image rights payments, etc. They just paid 100m for a player who isn't remotely world class. We know of the eye-watering sum only because it was in the buyout clause, unlike the under-reported numbers for their other transfers. They are cozy with Mendes who isn't giving them any preferential treatments. If 50m gets them Haaland, they will pay. Since United have always paid as much as any club, I hope United are not taking themselves out of this race.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Funny U-turn, after the Ole connection was pushed as a hard plus all the time, now they're shifting the narrative to "They never got along that well anyway" :lol:
Ole's presence was always going to be a huge stumbling block for the transfer, given how he was there smiling when Keane's tackle ended the career of Haaland's father.

RuudTom83

Crazy talent, but I can’t see him coming to United. It doesn’t make sense for both the club or the player.

Unless he really likes playing for a club that finishes runners up like Dortmund do every year…in which case he might like the current United gig.

minoo-utd

It’s a dream to have such striker but I can only see Bayern or Real sign him. He worth every penny and hopefully after we looking likely make a room for a striker ( Cavani-Martial-Lingard) most probably all gone in the summer then we should cash in for him.

Hester_manc

It’s a dream to have such striker but I can only see Bayern or Real sign him. He worth every penny and hopefully after we looking likely make a room for a striker ( Cavani-Martial-Lingard) most probably all gone in the summer then we should cash in for him.
I cant see Dortmund wanting to sell him to Bayern. I think, he is going to be City`s top target. They need a striker and will go for the best.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Ole's presence was always going to be a huge stumbling block for the transfer, given how he was there smiling when Keane's tackle ended the career of Haaland's father.
Apart from the fact that him and the family are friends off the pitch (numerous examples of him meeting the family) and ole has already coached and managed Haaland?

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I cant see Dortmund wanting to sell him to Bayern. I think, he is going to be City`s top target. They need a striker and will go for the best.
I don't see that Dortmund have much choice in Haaland's destination when the release clause is triggered, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Bayern if they wanted him
Wouldn't be the first nor the last time that Bayern plunder Dortmund for a star player.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Apart from the fact that him and the family are friends off the pitch (numerous examples of him meeting the family) and ole has already coached and managed Haaland?
Yes but don’t let the facts get in the way of a fake narrative.

Jackal981

The biggest stumbling block when we were managed by Ole is not that bollox mentioned by the other poster. It is his incompetence as a manager which wont bring us any trophies hence Haaland would not want to join us.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Bayern aren’t putting together the sort of financial package required to sign Haaland.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The biggest stumbling block when we were managed by Ole is not that bollox mentioned by the other poster. It is his incompetence as a manager which wont bring us any trophies hence Haaland would not want to join us.
That might be, I just wish people would stop posting fake narratives

Offsideagain

City bought Grealish to stop other teams buying him. A tactic Fergy used occasionally. Haaland will go to the team that offers Raiola the most commission and the talk of trophies, projects and guaranteed champions league is just window dressing. Still think Real Madrid are favourites.

troylocker

City bought Grealish to stop other teams buying him. A tactic Fergy used occasionally. Haaland will go to the team that offers Raiola the most commission and the talk of trophies, projects and guaranteed champions league is just window dressing. Still think Real Madrid are favourites.
What!?

He will go to the team that offers him the best package of project, trophyshots and money.

So far Haalands career has been managed to perfection with choice of clubs and focus on development. He has turned down money for development at every step so far.
Stop with this fake news stuff. Raiola works for Haaland , not the other way around.

Jackal981

That might be, I just wish people would stop posting fake narratives
Yeah this Keane ending Haaland's dad career is absolute rubbish. Keane even injured his ankle from that challenge :lol: . And they still faced off multiple times after that game without any trouble on the pitch. You can google all that stuff easily and somehow this bollox still persist. No wonder we got a ton of anti vaxxers in the world but that's for another topic on another day

Offsideagain

Amusing to think that anyone that Raiola is involved with is his boss. Haaland reportedly has a 75 million euro release clause and BVB intend to ‘inflate’ that. He is also reported to demand a £30m pa salary. Now for ‘he’ read Raiola if all this talk of Haaland not concerned about money but his development. So who works for whom? Inflated transfer fee equals inflated commission plus percentage of Haaland’s salary. If you think Haaland will say ‘I want to go to X for less money’ you are naive.

Zed 101

i would be shocked beyond belief if we managed to sign Haaland, only chance we have is if other clubs don't go in for him which ain't going to happen, what will his choice be? 1st choice striker under Pep at City or 2nd choice behind Ronaldo at Utd under Rangnick cannot see money being a factor as all parties will pony up for Haaland, only thing the money does is get rid of also rans like Spurts and Arsenal (and probably Barca)

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Haaland seems like City, even moreso with the sale City just made.

DSG

City have always spent, and they will spend again. They have paid above the market value for their mercenaries, liberally using tools like offshore accounts, image rights payments, etc. They just paid 100m for a player who isn't remotely world class. We know of the eye-watering sum only because it was in the buyout clause, unlike the under-reported numbers for their other transfers. They are cozy with Mendes who isn't giving them any preferential treatments. If 50m gets them Haaland, they will pay. Since United have always paid as much as any club, I hope United are not taking themselves out of this race.
50m salary + 75m Dortmund fee + 50m to Raiola and Dad Haaland = 175m

If you read my previous comments, it’s the salary that they may find unpalatable, not for the money itself, but whether it causes squad discord.

They balked at Kane’s price tag. Again, I think Pep is more about the collective. Although they have the money, they haven’t spent like PSG in terms of paying record amounts for a single player.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
50m salary + 75m Dortmund fee + 50m to Raiola and Dad Haaland = 175m

If you read my previous comments, it’s the salary that they may find unpalatable, not for the money itself, but whether it causes squad discord.

They balked at Kane’s price tag. Again, I think Pep is more about the collective. Although they have the money, they haven’t spent like PSG in terms of paying record amounts for a single player.
Kane is 28 and 100m to 150m transfer fee. Not sure his signing on fee and agent fee but at least 20m+. His salary won't be cheap either.

Jacob

How could we not get him with the Solskjaer, Rangnick and Rose connections. Combined with the best financial prerequisites, he's nailed on to join our 'project'.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
So you would play with 10 man if you were offered a head start of 1.5 goals a game over a season? ;) I doubt many top coaches would do that. Especially not if there's a natural distribution of those goals (more goals against weak teams, less goals against strong teams).
The average game has 2.6 goals, if a hypothetical player offers 1.5 goals a game, only an idiot wouldn't play him.

Pscholes18

Yeah this Keane ending Haaland's dad career is absolute rubbish. Keane even injured his ankle from that challenge :lol: . And they still faced off multiple times after that game without any trouble on the pitch. You can google all that stuff easily and somehow this bollox still persist. No wonder we got a ton of anti vaxxers in the world but that's for another topic on another day
Yes....his dad even admitted that tackle didn't end his career.

432JuanMata

Is a player that is classed as must sign even if you are stacked in that position. Generational player

Jam

...Didn't Haaland Sr. literally finish that match, and then went on international duty, and then played on for a further two years?

...Didn't Ole literally manage Haaland before, and they reportedly have a good relationship?

NoPace

Haaland seems like City, even moreso with the sale City just made.
Yeah. They're my guess too:

1. They don't have a 9 and Kane will stay with Conte there. I can see why they wouldn't have bought one, but with their money they could bring in one on loan and while people say Pep doesn't care if he has one, he wanted Kane and he's gotta be beyond desperate to win a CL there and they might have a QF or Semi-Final against a team parking the bus and having a plan B type makes sense even for him.

2. As you say, they've just sold their closest thing to a conventional 9 since Pep doesn't seem to think it's Gabi Jesus' best position with his tactics.

3. They've mostly done the smart thing and even if Haaland underperforms his absurd start and scores 2 goals in 3 and not one per game that'll be worth whatever they pay unless he gets hurt.

4. Pep will eventually leave and basically every other manager in the world would want Haaland more.

5. Barca don't have money and he's a 9 and they just bought theirs, Lewandowski is still at Bayern and they're scared to have this blow up in their face and they won't spend what Raiola demands anyways, Madrid have Benzema still and are about to add a 9 they can't even play in his best 2 positions because Vinicius is a star now, Chelsea just paid a ton for Lukaku, Liverpool is a dark horse, people think they don't spend that much but they did for Van Dijk and also spent huge on Allison and Haaland seems even safer a deal since he's as dominant as they were but with more years of production left than either (even with Allison being a keeper).

6. That leaves us as the other target, and I think we're just less attractive for Haaland, whose moves to Salzburg and then Dortmund was extremely logical and might have even been contingent on them selling the other 9 they had (Alcacer) shipped out and while he had injury issues, he also had 23 in 37 for Dortmund so selling him wasn't that logical a football move.

But, we have a Red Bull connection which might make him feel safe with the tactics rather than Pep ball, considering it didn't suit Ibra back at Barcelona and he might worry he'd be dropped for a year or two.

The counter would be that we have Greenwood and Rashford and might be better off spending hundreds of millions on addressing the weak spots we have that City don't at DM, CM (might even be a new expensive Pogba contract there if Rangnick takes a shine), RB and CB.

Most crucial, we aren't at this moment likely to make the CL as we have to beat out all 3 of West Ham, Arsenal and Spurs with Conte and while I might have us favorites against any one of them, it only takes one nice run from one to beat us out. I don't think he'd want to give up a CL season, even at 21.

Last edited:

Ogaranya

Am I the only one with a feeling that this guy will flop in the EPL?
Hello timo werner

It is a glaring fact that the bundesliga is not a league known for good defense,
Most clubs there are addicted to a weak high defensive line system which make many attackers look like thiery henry.

He will be a stressful risky signing that will cost a lot,
Get a wide attacker and groom greenwood for the No.9 role

UTD_Since_1978

Hello timo werner
He seems miles better than Werner, I watched Werner in the UCL Final last season & he looks bloody awful as an out & out goalscorer, the easy chances he missed in that game was criminal.

cyberman

Hello timo werner

It is a glaring fact that the bundesliga is not a league known for good defense,
Most clubs there are addicted to a weak high defensive line system which make many attackers look like thiery henry.

Yep, but the next one will be different…

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hello timo werner

Haaland is the fastest and youngest player to reach 20 goals in the CL playing for average teams.

Werner is a good player but he’s not in the same catagory.

AussieDevil

I don’t even think we will end up putting a serious bid for him. We have strong links to Julian Alvarez and if that happens, we definitely won’t be in for Haaland. And we will spend big on a midfielder anyway. It’ll be either Madrid, Barca or City for Haaland.

Brown1950

I don’t even think we will end up putting a serious bid for him. We have strong links to Julian Alvarez and if that happens, we definitely won’t be in for Haaland. And we will spend big on a midfielder anyway. It’ll be either Madrid, Barca or City for Haaland.
On Sky Sports today they discussed Haarland with the main commentators of Sky Italy /Germany who both agreed if Mpappe goes to Real Madrid his replacement at PSG could be Haarland .
The Sky commentator from Germany was very confident of Haarland being at PSG next season. We will just have to wait and see.

AussieDevil

On Sky Sports today they discussed Haarland with the main commentators of Sky Italy /Germany who both agreed if Mpappe goes to Real Madrid his replacement at PSG could be Haarland .
The Sky commentator from Germany was very confident of Haarland being at PSG next season. We will just have to wait and see.
I just can’t see it making any sense for Haaland. He moves to an inferior league and he will never be the main man in Paris as long as Neymar and Messi are there. It takes him slighlty out of the spotlight and he wouldn’t be in contention for the Ballon D’or.

If Mbappe moves to Madrid, then Barca would be the best choice for Haaland. People love rivalry, and they’d be able to sell the El Classico, clash of the titans story line which would only enhance the reputation of both players. They would get the chance to put up big numbers, playing for clubs that are desperate to win the UCL but also clubs that have massive fan bases which keeps the best players in the spotlight.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He seems miles better than Werner, I watched Werner in the UCL Final last season & he looks bloody awful as an out & out goalscorer, the easy chances he missed in that game was criminal.
To be fair I've heard the same about Sancho too, miles better than Kagawa or Mkhitaryan and 0 chance to flop in PL, yet he only score 2 goals 0 assist in his first 18 games here.

Status
Not open for further replies.