Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matriac

People downplaying Haaland in this thread is just doing too much copium when it looks like he wouldn't consider us.

If he joins city he will be top 3 goalscoring in PL for the coming seasons, if not I'll delete my account. If I'm wrong I'll finally feel free.

NewYorkRed

Kane not joining City will turn out to be awful for us in the long run. I just can’t see who stops city in the league if they have Halaand in the team. If kane had gone there you would have to assume they wouldn’t have been in for Halaand and he would’ve found his way to P$G or Madrid.

croadyman

Kane not joining City will turn out to be awful for us in the long run. I just can’t see who stops city in the league if they have Halaand in the team. If kane had gone there you would have to assume they wouldn’t have been in for Halaand and he would’ve found his way to P$G or Madrid.
We can only concentrate on ourselves and nothing we can do he clearly is City bound

RuudTom83

Halaand will find it a lot tougher in the Premier League. City will continue to be great with or without him, but I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion he will just be banging in hat-tricks every week if he moves to England.

Wilt

Y'all don't want to believe it, but Ole still being here would have worked in our favour to sign Erling.
Correct, nobody (perhaps except you) believes Ole would have helped Utd sign Haaland.

GledTheRed

Kane is a better player than Haaland will ever be.

NewYorkRed

Obviously at vastly different stages of their career, so hard to say right now. However, if we’re just looking at records…Erling is on an unreal pace. If he can stay injury free, he will easily be the striker of his generation, possibly even up there with the best of the best. Kane hasn’t ever hit those heights.

Rojow

Who cares if Haaland signs for City as long we don't have a proper team. Without that it's not like we have a real chance to compete for the Premier League. Even if he come here now, we are lightyears from City and Liverpool. That's our reality right now.

NewYorkRed

Who cares if Haaland signs for City as long we don't have a proper team. Without that it's not like we have a real chance to compete for the Premier League. Even if he come here now, we are lightyears from City and Liverpool. That's our reality right now.
I disagree. We are not lightyears from them. We have some very good, some world class players in the squad. Right manager, 3-4 signings, we compete the season after next.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
How does a player refuse an MRI? That seems extremely suspicious. What is he afraid of seeing in the MRI? Why shouldn't people know the extent of his injury? Good way to wreck your long-term career to take pain-killers over looking into what's actually the damage.

AshamanKingpin

Supports
Manchester City
I disagree. We are not lightyears from them. We have some very good, some world class players in the squad. Right manager, 3-4 signings, we compete the season after next.
Manchester City fan here agreeing wholeheartedly, all this doom and gloom is over the top. A few key players and a top manager and you’ll compete. You’ll eventually get it right with the financial might that you still possess.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Obviously at vastly different stages of their career, so hard to say right now. However, if we’re just looking at records…Erling is on an unreal pace. If he can stay injury free, he will easily be the striker of his generation, possibly even up there with the best of the best. Kane hasn’t ever hit those heights.
Kane is a better player than Haaland is, Haaland doesn't have the all round game that Kane has. I hope Haaland comes to England to see how he gets on in what is the toughest league to be a striker.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Ten Hag has made Haller look like a beast.

Who knows.. Whilst the chances are extremely slim due to multiple reasons such as no CL football - maybe just maybe Haaland might want to work with Ten Hag due to the hype the manager currently has.

1% chance for sure but I'm not exactly ruling it out in my mind.

Real Madrid can't balance Benzema, Mbappe, Haaland, Vincinius and whoever else imo. Not this year anyway with Benzema being a Balon D'or level player.

Whilst their is a history and a link to City - Pep going from Kane to Haaland is extremely different type of footballers. I look at some of the strikers Pep has signed in the past such as Zlatan, Henry,villa, Jesus - I don't think he is going to be a big fan of Haaland being the front man of possession football.

He rejected Chelsea already so they got Lukaku.

I doubt Barcelona have the money or need him with Aubameyang.

The chances are extremely low, but I'm personally not ruling it out.

ForeverRed1

Halaand will find it a lot tougher in the Premier League. City will continue to be great with or without him, but I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion he will just be banging in hat-tricks every week if he moves to England.
his physique is built for the PL. powerful, fast, physical and a aerial threat. With city just feeding him in the box he’s guaranteed goals. He will get loads imo.

didz

With reports that PSG are looking to sign Lewandowski if/when Mbappe goes, isn't there a decent chance Bayern will do what they do best and hoover up Haaland, or am I missing something?

Giggsyking

Until we learn how to deal with a cnut of an agent (Raiola) we should avoid doing business with him.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
With reports that PSG are looking to sign Lewandowski if/when Mbappe goes, isn't there a decent chance Bayern will do what they do best and hoover up Haaland, or am I missing something?
They don't spend that kind of money, if they did they would have kept lewa .

Trex

Would city sign Haaland and make him their top earner above their multiple title winning players?
Would Haaland and Raiola be happy when Guardiola drops him in some big EPL and UCL fixtures like he did with Aguero?
Would Haaland adapt to being more of a team player at the expense of a few goals or does Pep adapt to Haaland's style of play?
No doubt Haaland would get goals overall but am not so sure this would be such a good marriage.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Ten Hag has made Haller look like a beast.

Who knows.. Whilst the chances are extremely slim due to multiple reasons such as no CL football - maybe just maybe Haaland might want to work with Ten Hag due to the hype the manager currently has.

1% chance for sure but I'm not exactly ruling it out in my mind.

Real Madrid can't balance Benzema, Mbappe, Haaland, Vincinius and whoever else imo. Not this year anyway with Benzema being a Balon D'or level player.

Whilst their is a history and a link to City - Pep going from Kane to Haaland is extremely different type of footballers. I look at some of the strikers Pep has signed in the past such as Zlatan, Henry,villa, Jesus - I don't think he is going to be a big fan of Haaland being the front man of possession football.

He rejected Chelsea already so they got Lukaku.

I doubt Barcelona have the money or need him with Aubameyang.

The chances are extremely low, but I'm personally not ruling it out.
I’ll rule that one out for you!

laughtersassassin

Atleast if he goes City they should be better than Liverpool again.

Right now City's striker situation closes that gap entirely

United in sin

Guardiola has used strikers like Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Lewandowski in the past.

As great as they were; they seemed to flourish more playing away from Pep.
I agree. Pep didn't see a need for Ibrahimovich and traded him for Eto'o but Lewandowski was a recent acquisition from Dortmund when he took charge at Bayern and he had no compelling reason to sell him.

didz

They don't spend that kind of money, if they did they would have kept lewa .
Maybe I'm a bit behind on the news cycle, but I thought Haaland had some clause coming into effect this summer for £60m odd? Which would be pretty similar to what they paid for Sane.

Oh, it'll be some kind of crazy Raoila wage packet demands I'm guessing? That makes sense, although it'll be interesting to see how Man City spin those contract terms. I always feel like they enjoy spending money without actually be seen to be spending money.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Maybe I'm a bit behind on the news cycle, but I thought Haaland had some clause coming into effect this summer for £60m odd? Which would be pretty similar to what they paid for Sane.

Oh, it'll be some kind of crazy Raoila wage packet demands I'm guessing? That makes sense, although it'll be interesting to see how Man City spin those contract terms. I always feel like they enjoy spending money without actually be seen to be spending money.
Add in the riola tax, whatever his father is trying to profit off and insane wages and you see why they may not prefer to go in for him.

And yes I agree with you about the city part.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
City with Kane is a terrifying prospect as he would fit Guardiola’s system like a glove. A complete forward that can drop deep and playmake.

I really don’t see how Haaland fits at City under Guardiola.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
City with Kane is a terrifying prospect as he would fit Guardiola’s system like a glove. A complete forward that can drop deep and playmake.

You haven't seen the chances Sterling misses...

Garethw

Haaland would undoubtably score a shit ton of goals at city mate. But Guardiola’s system would need to be changed to accommodate an out and out poacher. Where’s Kane would seamlessly fit the existing system and offer a goal scoring option that they don’t currently have.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Haaland would undoubtably score a shit ton of goals at city mate. But Guardiola’s system would need to be changed to accommodate an out and out poacher. Where’s Kane would seamlessly fit the existing system and offer a goal scoring option that they don’t currently have.
To quote you:

Also Pep has not always played with a striker that drops deep anyway

Garethw

To quote you:

Also Pep has not always played with a striker that drops deep anyway
It’s certainly a scary thought if he goes there. I’m sure fitting Haaland into the team will be one That Guardiola relishes.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Point is, Sterling doesn't play in a fixed position. He will start on left, then move to centre when KDB or Foden drops to the wing.

Not saying Halaand would be a failure but Pep will have to change his style.

Status
Not open for further replies.