ESPN employees mocking Harry Kane

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Didn't Harvey Elliott mock him too? Everyone's mocking Kane.

Kane is a sensitive soul. I can remember his feeling got hurt when, I think the FA might be mistaken about that organisation , bantered him for the goal thieving thing. Can only imagine what this is going to do to him

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
People are entitled to their opinion on Kane, for me he is one of the very best out there. But I was a massive RVN fan, no nonsense, ball in the back of the net, get on with the job. Which is much how I see Kane as a player.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'm sure he's super upset what 10th rate pundits think of him, while he pockets his 200 bags a week and continues to live his dream and be a hero for thousands of kids out there.

I was gonna say millions, but lets be honest, it's Spurs, so... dozens?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I'm sure he's super upset what 10th rate pundits think of him, while he pockets his 200 bags a week and continues to live his dream and be a hero for thousands of kids out there.

I was gonna say millions, but lets be honest, it's Spurs, so... thousands.
Problem is that it's not just him, what about the millions of football fans that have speech impediments who don't happen to play football and pocket thousands?

The people in that clip above are absolute cnuts.

The female journalist using the phrase "how long do I have to talk about this more for?" Is displaying horrendous English considering its her job to, well speak.

Mindhunter

How is this ESPN? It seems like these two people are having a bit of personal banter without realizing that they are live. People dislikes things for a variety of reasons and it doesn't always boil down to logic. It's really childish though - there is no denying that Kane is one of the best strikers in the world today.

Cloud7

I was gonna say millions, but lets be honest, it's Spurs, so... dozens?
He's definitely pocketing some serious tens at Spurs

Red00012

I’d be glad if we had Kane and they mocked him 7 days a week

Needham

From the above it looks like two insecurely average 'presenters' piling on a grown man's speaking voice like 13 year olds ridiculing a stutter. Barely deserves posting in the tweet thread let alone one of its own.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I actually didn't know he had a medical issue with his speech but I think they'd know that which makes it a really cnutish thing to do.

Also, Mark fecking Ogden saying it's really awful to listen to anybody is just.. Mark Ogden for fecks sake. This is a guy who'd make the winner in a WC final seem like an event worth mourning over.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Doesn’t deserve to be bullied for his speech no matter how many millions he has.

ESPN should let go of these individuals and set an example that it’s not ok to make fun for something they can’t help.

And for those that will say, ‘it’s a bit much’, it’s only a job, and they should have carried themselves in a more professional manner if they wanted it.

Panther

Definitely childish and unprofessional considering they're supposed to be critiquing football but the spoken word but not really that much of a big deal in my opinion. Just a few idiots trying to be funny and failing.

Web of Bissaka

Very professional

Any updates on what actions are taken on the two (or three?) employees making those shitty comments?
Oh well, at least people will get to see how wonderful human beings those people are, must've love making fun of peoples with disorders/disabilities

Geez, speech impediments are real, not like they have much of a choice being born with it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Problem is that it's not just him, what about the millions of football fans that have speech impediments who don't happen to play football and pocket thousands?

The people in that clip above are absolute cnuts.

The female journalist using the phrase "how long do I have to talk about this more for?" Is displaying horrendous English considering its her job to, well speak.
I thought she said 'MoFo' as in motherf*cker.
:lol: Yes it was mofo

United Junkie

Why would she call him a mofo? From what I have seen and heard he's generally a decent and nice guy and anything but a mofo. Mocking him for his speech is one thing but using that phrase is too much.

United Junkie

Its a casual term
Sure maybe in America. But she's throwing it out like she's Samuel L. Jackson which is not cool. Only he can make it sound cool. English people nowadays(not all!) sound much more American than English in their vocabulary.

matt23

I'm sure Kane is holding up ok.

Must be great if you do happen to have some sort of speech impediment though. What a fecking great example this sets.

For what it's worth, I don't think Harry Kane sounds anywhere near as thick as she does.

stevoc

Sure maybe in America. But she's throwing it out like she's Samuel L. Jackson which is not cool. Only he can make it sound cool. English people nowadays(not all!) sound much more American than English in their vocabulary.
The Woman who said it isn't English and from listening to the clearer version it sounds like she was making a joke about Ogdens reaction to having to praise Kane. She said something like ''He's like do i have to talk about this Mofo?''.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I actually didn't know he had a medical issue with his speech but I think they'd know that which makes it a really cnutish thing to do.

Also, Mark fecking Ogden saying it's really awful to listen to anybody is just.. Mark Ogden for fecks sake. This is a guy who'd make the winner in a WC final seem like an event worth mourning over.
What is his medical issue?

jackal&hyde

By cretins on Twitter or forums like Redcafe? Sure. I've done it myself a million times.

By journalists during sports coverage? No, players are not mocked like this.
I don't know. Movie stars, politicians, singers etc are usually fair ground for making fun of them in the media (parts of it), why should star footballers be any different?

I don't agree with the behaviour mind you, but it's fairly standard practice. Footballers have been mostly sheltered if anything if you compare them with movie stars. ESPN is a sht3te hole anyway.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I don't know. Movie stars, politicians, singers etc are usually fair ground for making fun of them in the media (parts of it), why should star footballers be any different?

I don't agree with the behaviour mind you, but it's fairly standard practice. Footballers have been mostly sheltered if anything if you compare them with movie stars. ESPN is a sht3te hole anyway.
It just seems really innapropriate and jarring during actual sports coverage.

Abizzz

Was that supposed to be informing, entertaining or what was it? It's the kind of conversation that would do best being brought to an end even if it was just them on skype, never mind broadcasting it to others.