ESPN: Man Utd told Ten Hag to lower hopes for the season

Crimson King

Imagine coming into the job. They tell you not to expect much and fail to deliver the targeted players you want.

I said to my mate earlier that I can see him walking after Christmas if this season goes the way I can see it going. Conte would have already fecked off.
He won't walk when he can get a huge pay off for getting sacked.

I don't think getting sacked from the Utd job will even tar his reputation. Mourinho and Moyes have shown there's life after this club. It's so widely accepted that it's badly run now.

quethenoo

Imagine coming into the job. They tell you not to expect much and fail to deliver the targeted players you want.

I said to my mate earlier that I can see him walking after Christmas if this season goes the way I can see it going. Conte would have already fecked off.
No chance. People really ready to go off about anything ATM.

Laurencio

Likely because Ten Hag wants to win the league, not just get top 4. He doesn't striker me as someone who is very good at compromise. :lol:

nainaisson

Their business model is to slander the club for clicks, mostly through outright fabrication. You really have to be absolute scum with no journalistic integrity whatsoever to work there.

Yagami

Good post resistant
You think they told him to lower his expectations? Like, actually uttered the words? How does that come about for one thing? And then how does it get to the papers? You guys are so broken by all that's happening you no longer think rationally...
Erik ten Hag stated he wanted his team to be ready for pre season. 1 game into the season and we're still scrambling with Brentford coming up.

Erik ten Hag is a winner. He expects A LOT. He came here wanting to do big things ASAP. I wouldn't at all be surprised to hear that the club has told him to hold his horses in regards to a few things he wanted.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Thing is, my expectations are already pretty low and I'm still massively underwhelmed.

I don't expect us to make top 4 even with the addition of FdJ, I think our issues run far deeper than that.

What I did expect more of, however, is this window being used as a stepping stone to becoming more competitive. That is simply not happening.

TheReligion

Abusive
:lol: :lol: :lol:

We are actually so finished.
You can only laugh :lol:
Of all the bullshit posts I’ve read today, this is the most bullshit of them all
We are a mid-table club. Once you accept that fact, everything else becomes more palatable and football becomes a lot less stressful. This is the same path clubs like Everton and Newcastle walked through after being higher up the food chain.
:lol:

If only those fans who sat down with Arnold knew what would happen this summer.
The club is owned by cnuts and run by morons. I feel sorry for Ten Hag, he deserves better than this mess of a club.
Disgusting! This club is a fecking disgrace.
I can only assume none of you read the article?

The headline is sensationalist, as they always are, but try actually looking beyond it.

Reyoji-Utd

Boss: its ok Eth, we expect you not to win the league, fail to secure CL spot, no any cup, bad run, well just lower your expectation. Its ok, its fine. Youll gonna get raise next year with 3 more yeara of contract.
EtH: But what a bout what i was promised? And i have high standard about myself and expect other to have it too.
Boss: No, its ok to have low expectation, its no a problem eventhough weve spent millions on new players and oh dont forget to tell the players that we expect them to have low expectation too and the fans too...

I mean if you think rationally and using COMMON SENSE (which is lacking abundantly lately), you wont beleive any of these shite comming from these journalist.

JuriM

1st page posters are those who don't read beyond the title and assume the article by their own agenda.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

The headline is sensationalist, as they always are, but try actually looking beyond it.
My laugh was actually at how prosposterous i found the headline - not anything i took seriously. Quickly followed by an angry emoji because I thought i was in the FDJ thread! I'm actually pretty/fairly positive (or try to be for the most part) on the Caf.

dove

Should get a life instead of scouring a thread looking for things to quote :lol: Of course we fecking didn't read the article 10 seconds after it was posted and was laughing at a headline, do you expect anyone to read an article in 10 seconds? :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
"Hey Eric, make sure everybody expects us to be shit, alright?"

What a strange article to write. How would a journalist even know something like that? And why would any owners say that?

Andy_Cole

"Hey Eric, make sure everybody expects us to be shit, alright?"

What a strange article to write. How would a journalist even know something like that? And why would any owners say that?
Perhaps because the under investment. But I doubt it as I know we lose big money by not getting CL 2 years in the bounce.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

No, they aren't. He's deserves all the flak for throwing out a rotten headline like that even if he has shakespearean brilliance hidden beneath.

TheReligion

Abusive
Should get a life instead of scouring a thread looking for things to quote :lol: Of course we fecking didn't read the article 10 seconds after it was posted and was laughing at a headline, do you expect anyone to read an article in 10 seconds? :lol:
The irony…

Post a few more green smiling emoji’s though. It might make you look less of a fool. Who knows?

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Some of the players were “affected” by Ralf’s comments. Rather than proving him wrong, they threw the towel in and are now using the comments as an excuse this season. If a player is not confident then that’s probably down to knowing they can’t cut it IMO. Yes, a couple of weeks of shakey confidence is fine, but season after season? Maguire is always referring to confidence in interviews as well.

TheReligion

Abusive
My laugh was actually at how prosposterous i found the headline - not anything i took seriously. Quickly followed by an angry emoji because I thought i was in the FDJ thread! I'm actually pretty/fairly positive (or try to be for the most part) on the Caf.
It’s okay mate, just wanted to point out the article itself is actually very reasonable

georgipep

Its fairly obvious that the Glazers are following the same path that Kronke has at Arsenal.

Once upon a time, for Arsenal, not competing for titles was a disaster. Then it became not qualifying for the Champions League. Now being in 'the race for top four' is acceptable for Arsenal.

We are going exactly the same way.

For the Glazers Man Utd is a cash cow. Yes, if we are really successful they can take more money out. However, as long as they can take out what they consider to be an acceptable amount, they will not be bothered by trying to win the league.
Indeed, and them having complete access to all the underlying numbers, probably they've done the math and this modus operandi makes the most sense, considering their goals and incentives

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:confused:

That's like saying "did you expect me to look left AND right before crossing the road?"
Welll.... Yes? Else you might get run over.... Which in this case is being quoted and ridiculed for getting sucked in by a sensationalist title.

GazTheLegend

Board expectations: avoid relegation

That's probably about the limit of the Glazers desire anyway.

dove

:confused:

That's like saying "did you expect me to look left AND right before crossing the road?"
Welll.... Yes? Else you might get run over.... Which in this case is being quoted and ridiculed for getting sucked in by a sensationalist title.
That's exactly what we are laughing at, just FYI.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It’s okay mate, just wanted to point out the article itself is actually very reasonable
Tbh with you, I post a ton of smiley emoji's on the Caf these days out of the sheer meltdowns/negativity on the boards which just cannot be countered or reasoned with. Don't get me wrong, I don't bury my head in the sand and pretend everything is perfect at the club, but there isn't a current active thread which hasn't been infested with extreme negativity.