g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Euro 2016 playoffs + Finals Draw 12.12.15

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Euro 2016 playoffs:

Glorified friendlies:
Czech Republic - Serbia
Belgium - Italy
Northern Ireland - Latvia
Poland - Iceland
Spain - England
Wales - Netherlands
France - Germany
Russia - Portugal
Russia - Croatia
Turkey - Greece
Luxembourg - Portugal
Austria - Switzerland
Belgium - Spain
Germany - Netherlands
Italy - Romania
Poland - Czech Republic
Slovakia - Iceland
England - France

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I'll be watching Andorra vs St. Kitts and Nevis. Should be a cracker yet it's not even in the OP...

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I'll be watching Andorra vs St. Kitts and Nevis. Should be a cracker yet it's not even in the OP...
Can't wait for that one. Left it out because for some odd reason it's not being broadcasted in Europe. Hence I didn't want to raise peoples expectation levels only for them to be left shattered when they find out the bitter truth about the tv rights.

lysglimt

Scout
For the next 4 Days - United is 2nd priority. Now it's all about Norway vs Hungary for me.

2 teams very good at shutting others out (both in football and in borderpatrols).

Norways (likely) team for those interested

Ørjan Nyland 25 (Ingolstadt) - Tom Høgli 31(FC Copenhagen), Even Hovland 26 (Nurnberg), Vegard Forren 27 (Molde), Omar Elabdellaoui 24 (Olympiakos) - Per Ciljan Skjelbred 28 (Hertha Berlin), Alexander Tettey 29 (Norwich), Stefan Johansen 24 (Celtic), Jo Inge Berget 24 (Malmö), Marcus Henriksen 23 (AZ Alkmaar) - Alexander Søderlund 28 (Rosenborg)

Rest of the squad: Rune Jarstein (Hertha Berlin), Martin Ødegård (Real Madrid), Martin Linnes (Molde), Marcus Pedersen (Strømsgodset), Ole Selnæs (Rosenborg), Valon Berisha (Red Bull Salzburg), Håvard Nordtveit (Borussia M), Andre Hansen (Rosenborg), Haitam Alesaami (IFk Gotheburg), Veton Berisha (Greuther Furth), Mohamed Elyounussi (Molde), Pål Andre Helland (Rosenborg), Stefan Strandberg (Kuban Krasnodar)

Worth noticing : When Norway lost the semi-final in the 2013 U21 Euros against Spain by 0-3 - these were the line ups.

Spain: David de Gea - Martin Montoya, Marc Bartra, Iñigo Martinez, Alberto Moreno - Asier Illarramendi, Koke, Thiago Alcantara - Isco, Rodrigo, Cristian Tello
Norway: Ørjan Håskjold Nyland - Omar Elabdellaoui, Fredrik Semb Berge, Stefan Strandberg, Vegar Eggen Hedenstad - Markus Henriksen, Stefan Johansen, Magnus Wolff Eikrem - Joshua King, Markus Pedersen, Jo Inge Berget

Quite a few familiar names in that match.

Norway with 15 players in the squad born after january 1st 1990 - in addition Josh King was dropped to make room for Marcus Pedersen who has scored 11 goals in 10 matches in Norway - and Mats Møller Dæhli who is still out injured with jumpers knee.

For Hungary it's rather the opposite where tha majority of the players are old.

Kiraly is 39, the main defender Juhasz is 32, playmaker Gera is 36, their by far best player Dzsudszak turns 29 around christmas and 3 other much used attacking players Priskin, Szalai and Nikolic are 27, 27 and 29 respectively.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Some juicy match-ups for Belgium, England, Spain, Germany and France. I think it'll go a long way to indicate which countries are already there and which ones still have a lot of work to do (with Belgium being nowhere near where they need to be, thank you Wilmots).

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Bosnia should win, but we are so inconsistent so you never know. If pjanic and dzeko are on their game though, we will be fine

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Bosnia should win, but we are so inconsistent so you never know. If pjanic and dzeko are on their game though, we will be fine
Think you might be seriously underestimating us here, alright we may not be the most attractive side, but we are still very hard to beat, you don't beat us on your own turf..then you are in serious trouble! Especially if we come back with an away goal or two.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Meh, i really hate international break.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think you might be seriously underestimating us here, alright we may not be the most attractive side, but we are still very hard to beat, you don't beat us on your own turf..then you are in serious trouble! Especially if we come back with an away goal or two.
I agree with that, I expect us to win at home. Don't expect to win away but we could get a draw, especially as we'll have Besic back who is key in midfield for us defensively, and that would be good enough to go through. Will probably be 2 very dull games though. Bosnia plays like United do for the most part (excluding the Cyprus game which was end to end for some reason). Usually keep possession well, defend pretty well, and create a few chances which Dzeko usually takes for us. If Ireland get a win or draw from the first game then you lot are probably as good as through. We tend to be great when things start going well, but we lack mental strength which has always been a draw back for Bosnia over the years.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
I agree with that, I expect us to win at home. Don't expect to win away but we could get a draw, especially as we'll have Besic back who is key in midfield for us defensively, and that would be good enough to go through. Will probably be 2 very dull games though. Bosnia plays like United do for the most part (excluding the Cyprus game which was end to end for some reason). Usually keep possession well, defend pretty well, and create a few chances which Dzeko usually takes for us. If Ireland get a win or draw from the first game then you lot are probably as good as through. We tend to be great when things start going well, but we lack mental strength which has always been a draw back for Bosnia over the years.
Yeah I can see tomorrows game being a dull affair lad we have feck all flair players, so our style.. it's not easy on the eye I'm afraid!! If it ends up a 0-0 would probably expect a pretty open game back in Dublin on Monday though.

Truedevil

What are Hungary's chances you think? I mean, it's Norway you're playing and we're hardly overly convincing ourselves.
Hungary's chances are pretty slim no doubt about that especially with our new manager. No wonder everyone (including me) thinks Norway is going to qualify but we will not give up easily that's for sure. You can expect a difficult game in Budapest, the question is if that match will decide anything or you wipe the floor with us tonight (which i don't expect, our defence is actually decent).

What we also have are in form strikers. Nikolic is the leading goalscorer in the Polish league , Böde is the leading goalscorer in the Hungarian league and Németh has 11 goals in the MLS.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Hungary's chances are pretty slim no doubt about that especially with our new manager. No wonder everyone (including me) thinks Norway is going to qualify but we will not give up easily that's for sure. You can expect a difficult game in Budapest, the question is if that match will decide anything or you wipe the floor with us tonight (which i don't expect, our defence is actually decent).

What we also have are in form strikers. Nikolic is the leading goalscorer in the Polish league , Böde is the leading goalscorer in the Hungarian league and Németh has 11 goals in the MLS.
So you think Norway has a better team than Hungary? Tbh I've now idea what to expect from you guys other that you're not great since Norway are the favourites.

Truedevil

So you think Norway has a better team than Hungary? Tbh I've now idea what to expect from you guys other that you're not great since Norway are the favourites.
Yeah, Norway without a doubt has a better team than Hungary. We can still go through though.