Euro 2016 playoffs + Finals Draw 12.12.15

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Look how Narrow the Hungary back four are playing, do you think you might want to play down the wings at any point? or are you all after the summer off?
We're playing straight into their hands atm but I'm not so sure this team (although better than previous) has the quality. You don't have expectations watching the Norwegian NT full stop.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
We're playing straight into their hands atm but I'm not so sure this team (although better than previous) has the quality. You don't have expectations watching the Norwegian NT full stop.
We dont really got any proper wingers though.. Berget and Ciljan is not really speedy wingers

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Ok, Morocco have just gone 2-0 up so i will be even today anyway, so i will stick with Norway and hope they improve.....please improve.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Nyland is the one that is at Ingolstadt, right? I'd expect him to stop that shot for Hungary's goal.
Yeah.

It seems we always will have a keeper who'll make Barthez look reliable. Always an accident waiting to happen for more or less any Norwegian keeper the last decade or so.

Angelinho

Norway dominating the game yet look blunt up front. Lucky not to be two down just before half time.

Eriku

Maaan, I would've loved a Van Gaal win tonight for Norway. Obviously we're going to have to do it another way. But there's two legs, and we've shown teeth away from home before. Gagging for a full turn-around tonight, though.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
That Hungary defence is there for the taking. They haven't been secure at all, but Soderlund hasn't been convincing at all in his game. Henriksen really looks out of sorts as a forward, and the head coach must drop him back to central midfield to make him effective.

Honestly, Norway would fare much better playing a 4-3-3 with Johansen and Henriksen ahead of Tettey with Berget and Skjelbred playing as false wingers. It will also benefit Soderlund some more as he'll be more effective in his hold-up play. Given how often both Berget and Skjelbred love to cut inside, both will fare much better in a 4-3-3 than a lopsided 4-4-2.

Norway have technically better players than Hungary. They have to switch to a 4-3-3 to make use of the better technique. I can see the late runs from Johansen, Berget, Skjelbred, and Henriksen causing Hungary lots of problems.

Truedevil

Absolutely delighted with how the game is going so far. We need to tighten up at the back though otherwise Norway will definitely score in the second half.

What a result this would be!

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Not a fan, though it's mostly due to his terrible performance so far. He's not really strong, not really fast, not a great finisher.. Would rather see an inform Pedersen after HT.
Agree. He's not really offering anything.

Laphroaig

Not a fan, though it's mostly due to his terrible performance so far. He's not really strong, not really fast, not a great finisher.. Would rather see an inform Pedersen after HT.
I can't believe Pedersen is our second choice today. I watched him a lot for Brann and he was pathetic in Norwegian second tier. Can Diomande sort himself out? He's our only hope. Søderlund should not play for a NT.

Manchie

That Hungary defence is there for the taking. They haven't been secure at all, but Soderlund hasn't been convincing at all in his game. Henriksen really looks out of sorts as a forward, and the head coach must drop him back to central midfield to make him effective.

Honestly, Norway would fare much better playing a 4-3-3 with Johansen and Henriksen ahead of Tettey with Berget and Skjelbred playing as false wingers. It will also benefit Soderlund some more as he'll be more effective in his hold-up play. Given how often both Berget and Skjelbred love to cut inside, both will fare much better in a 4-3-3 than a lopsided 4-4-2.

Norway have technically better players than Hungary. They have to switch to a 4-3-3 to make use of the better technique. I can see the late runs from Johansen, Berget, Skjelbred, and Henriksen causing Hungary lots of problems.
How does that improve the finishing? I mean they are creating chances after chances but sadly no striker to convert it to goal.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
I can't believe Pedersen is our second choice today. I watched him a lot for Brann and he was pathetic in Norwegian second tier. Can Diomande sort himself out? He's our only hope. Søderlund should not play for a NT.
Pedersen has been great in both his spells for Godset though, not really fair to judge him on his form at Brann. I'd argue that he's alot better than Søderlund in terms of form, though I agree that it's a sad state of affair that he's our only other option. Imagine a prime Ole or Carew in this team..

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Not paid much attention but haven't Pedersen been good since returning to Strømsgodset? Søderlund is way too limited.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
How does that improve the finishing? I mean they are creating chances after chances but sadly no striker to convert it to goal.
They haven't created that many chances to be honest. Yeah, in the beginning, they put up the pressure, but since then, they've been doing the same thing without really troubling the Hungarian defence. The finishing really isn't there, but by changing their shape and approach, they can at least create more opportunities to score goals from, else this second half will become relatively easy for Hungary.

Laphroaig

Pedersen has been great in both his spells for Godset though, not really fair to judge him on his form at Brann. I'd argue that he's alot better than Søderlund in terms of form, though I agree that it's a sad state of affair that he's our only other option. Imagine a prime Ole or Carew in this team..
Yeah, I'm not saying what he showed for Brann was his genuine level of quality, only that it's a bit shocking to go from performing like you need to retire to being picked for the NT in the space of a few months. He's been good again for Godset, the only team he's able to perform for.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
The striking lack of pace in this Norway XI is insane by the way. Bar Omar, the entire team is so slow.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Hungary is tackling like thugs, yet argue about EVERY single call by the ref and keep playacting... :annoyed:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Henriksen needs to drop back more often into the hole. Why is he playing as a striker when he isn't one? He has no idea about how to play as an attacking midfielder. If any change has to be made, it has to allow Henriksen to play in central midfield rather than as a striker.