Euro 2016 pots (draw on December 12th)

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
The group stage as a whole is very uninspiring.

Cina

More shit teams than ever before and we still manage to get a horrible group.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
I like our group. Obviously tough but that was always gonna be the case. Sweden aren't all that and Italy have no real stand out player these days. Good chance to get at least a point :drool:

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Not as bad as last time. And 3rd will be enough for 4 of the groups

Beat Sweden and heroic draw against one of the others will do it

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Nothing to fear in our group. Italy are shit and Sweden Zlatan is nothing. Belgium are good but we're well capable of beating them.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Of course we get the toughest group. I blame Hamrén.

vanthaman

Winner
I'm going to turkey v Czech, hopefully a repeat of a few tournaments ago

Night before that game England v Slovakia and Wales v Russia, a few days after eng v Wales so should be loads of both fans in the lens fanzone

Scarecrow

Having a week off
What's the elimination scheme like? 1A-2B; 1C-2D etc. or something else?

ctp

What's the elimination scheme like? 1A-2B; 1C-2D etc. or something else?
Winners of A-D play a third placed team, Winners of E and F play runners-up D and E, runners-up A/C and B/F play each other.

ctp

Was just thinking that. They have no chance of getting through that.
I think they can beat Ukraine. Germany and Poland will likely be top 2, and then three points with a decent goal difference might be enough to advance.

Rory 7

Sweden and Italy are muck. The Swedes rely on one man and they were lucky to beat us in the last WC qualifying campaign.

Italy are nothing special at all and Belgium, depends on what Belgium team turns up
So Ireland to win the lot, Keano to prove his point from 2002 ;)

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Winners of A-D play a third placed team, Winners of E and F play runners-up D and E, runners-up A/C and B/F play each other.
Yeah, cus that makes sense.

Stupid UEFA (+FIFA for coming up with it)

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I've got tickets for England v. Russia (Marseille) and Belgium v RoI (Bordeaux) :drool: Also got Romania v. Switzerland and Parc des Princes which will probably be an awful game! :lol:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Does anyone know if you can apply for tickets under someone else's name? You need an Irish passport to apply but I won't have mine in time so could I use one of my parents passport number?

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Flying into Bordeaux on 11th. About 20 hours or driving altogether, but over the 2 weeks we can make ever Irish game, delighted!

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Happy with the draw, disappointed with the group. Playing in St.-Etienne, Marseille and the Paris. Won't be clear until February if I get tickets (high chances though) so can't really decide anything until then.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
You'll be there for the game against Belgium?
Yup. In Saturday and driving up to Paris the Sunday or Monday morning for the first game. If it is the Monday night, it might be Sweden. I can't remember! We will be there for all the group games

:edit: any chance of a room for 8 lads? :D

Last edited:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Happy with the draw, disappointed with the group. Playing in St.-Etienne, Marseille and the Paris. Won't be clear until February if I get tickets (high chances though) so can't really decide anything until then.
Can´t complain about group and i´d love to watch Portugal vs Iceland in France. I just hope the players take this seriously. Austria and Iceland (and Hungary to a lesser extent) won´t be walkovers but we are far more experienced in these competitions.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Can´t complain about group and i´d love to watch Portugal vs Iceland in France. I just hope the players take this seriously. Austria and Iceland (and Hungary to a lesser extent) won´t be walkovers but we are far more experienced in these competitions.
We're a good match-up for you guys because you're one of the few teams that play with proper wingers. Our weakest links are our full backs.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think that the group of Spain is difficult. It´s important to start the competition well focused to avoid surprises. It will be important to be 1st to get the third of the Group F(the worst in my opinion), B, that could be Slovakia/Russia or E (an interesting group too), Ireland/Sweden.
If we are second we would play Italy or Belgium. I don´t like Italy, I am historically afraid of playing against them, besides after the Euro I think that will be very motivated to beat us, and Belgium is supposed to be the revelation team.
I think that England group is easy. If they are first the most complicated match could be against the third of the group of Spain, and if they are second against the 2d of Portugal group.
The most important is to avoid the host

celia

Since it's three qualified in every group, I have a hard time finding any group difficult. And any match a must-see.

I'm glad though England and Wales are in the same group. I will probably support England and Portugal, and find a 3rd team that plays lovely offensive football (and no possession one).

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Yup. In Saturday and driving up to Paris the Sunday or Monday morning for the first game. If it is the Monday night, it might be Sweden. I can't remember! We will be there for all the group games

:edit: any chance of a room for 8 lads? :D
:lol: I'll ask my wife but I think I can guess the answer!