Euro 2020 Fantasy Football

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Yeah limitless is good now. I think we probably know most starters in the majority of teams.

I think England is a bit uncertain. Like Sterling I am tempted with, but not fully sure he starts. Same with Foden and maybe Grealish or Rashford starts.
Well Foden shouldn't start again but it's Southgate so who knows?

He'll probably play Grealish (or Rashford) and Sancho either side of Favourite Son.

Paul_Scholes18

Well Foden shouldn't start again but it's Southgate so who knows?

He'll probably play Grealish (or Rashford) and Sancho either side of Favourite Son.
I will probably just go with Kane. Shaw I would love if he plays, but not sure he will. Same with Trippier, Reece James and Chilwell.

kthanksbye

Really short tournament for 2 chips.
I'm thinking of playing LL in MD2, then WC in MD3.
RO16 isn't going to have many 50-50 games, I should be able to tell which teams are going to the quarters, will make my team accordingly.

Will also see if I really need WC for MD3, if 2 subs are enough, I'll save the WC for the quarters.

I'm planning on holding on to them until the later knockouts and just utilising the subs for now, need to get rid of Florenzi and the kid that's not playing. Should be in a good position by the end of the group stages then for a limitless and 3 subs for the first knockout game.
Lots of permutations.

If you use your limitless (first knockout), can you/would you need the subs?

Really short tournament for 2 chips.
I'm thinking of playing LL in MD2, then WC in MD3.
RO16 isn't going to have many 50-50 games, I should be able to tell which teams are going to the quarters, will make my team accordingly.

Will also see if I really need WC for MD3, if 2 subs are enough, I'll save the WC for the quarters.
I'll definitely use LL in group stages and maybe MD2 as risk some top picks get rested in MD3 (if already through). Unlikely that will be in Fr/Ger/Port group but say Eng beat Scot, almost certainly through and could see Kane maybe rested

Deery

Dreary
Big hitters day time to shoot up that table CR7, Griezmann, Bruno and Varane.

Come on the boys don’t let me down!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Which is better for MD2?

A) Zinchencko, Golovin, F Torres

B) Alba, Yarmolenko, Foden

Actually any 3 from that lot really being as it's limitless. Currently on B.

Paul_Scholes18

Which is better for MD2?

A) Zinchencko, Golovin, F Torres

B) Alba, Yarmolenko, Foden

Actually any 3 from that lot really being as it's limitless. Currently on B.
Alba looked much better than Torres. Although Zinchencho may have pens. I think Yarmolenko is on them though.

I also have that feeling Alba might not start, but Poland looked poor. Expect another clean sheet for Spain.

Yarmolenko I am personally going with. Foden/Sterling starts do not trust. Feels like England is run by Pep these days.

Last edited:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Alba looked much better than Torres. Although Zinchencho may have pens. I think Yarmolenko is on them though.

I also have that feeling Alba might not start, but Poland looked poor. Expect another clean sheet for Spain.

Yarmolenko I am personally going with. Foden/Sterling starts do not trust. Feels like England is run by Pep these days.
Alba is the captain isn't he? Why wouldn't he start?

I also feel like Gareth is the anti Pep. He has his favourites and rarely deviates from them.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Ive gone for Limitless for the next matchday.
90% finalized.

Lukaku, Depay, Mbappe,
Sterling, Yarmolenko, Insigne, Wijnaldum, Foden
Alba, Spinazzola, Meunier, Zinchenko, Hernandez,
Pickford, Donnarumma

Captain pick per day - Insigne, Lukaku (or Depay), Sterling, Mbappe.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
It was not certain before the round if it would be him or Gaya.
Surely it is now. Right?

Ive gone for Limitless for the next matchday.
90% finalized.

Lukaku, Depay, Mbappe,
Sterling, Yarmolenko, Insigne, Wijnaldum, Foden
Alba, Spinazzola, Meunier, Zinchenko, Hernandez,
Pickford, Donnarumma

Captain pick per day - Insigne, Lukaku (or Depay), Sterling, Mbappe.
Nice. I'm basically going Kane, Bale and Dumfries instead of your Depay, Sterling and Zinchenko.

Insigne>Lukaku>Kane>Mbappe for me.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Had Pepe, Bruno and Nego playing in that game ffs. Bruno gets unlucky in terms of coming off and had chances for an assist/goal but came short.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
You just know there's some jammy prick somewhere with a backline of Hradecky, Meunier, Dumfries, Guerreiro. :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

Going Cancelo over Pepe failed, but Ronaldo worked.

I feel if take away Eriksen, Wijndal and Cancelo situation it is not a terrible start for my team, but those made it worse.

I lost 9 points doing Pepe to Cancelo though with my downgrade in midfield. Where is the guy that picked Pepe after we talked about him? Should have stayed with you. Not even a yellow card.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
thought you could change captains up until the game starts? Got Werner as mine and he’s on the bench ffs

Paul_Scholes18

thought you could change captains up until the game starts? Got Werner as mine and he’s on the bench ffs
The rules are tricky so annoying for you, but why oo why do you put your faith in Werner even if he played after his season for Chelsea?

It can finally click for him, but before he start scoring them regulary again I do want to avoid him. Same with Morata for me.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
The rules are tricky so annoying for you, but why oo why do you put your faith in Werner even if he played after his season for Chelsea?

It can finally click for him, but before he start scoring them regulary again I do want to avoid him. Same with Morata for me.
He wasn’t my first choice captain, I’ve switched captains each day and they’ve all done shit. Just hoped Werner would bag a few and not many would pick him

Paul_Scholes18

He wasn’t my first choice captain, I’ve switched captains each day and they’ve all done shit. Just hoped Werner would bag a few and not many would pick him
Yeah I think he scored one big goal in CL so in big games he is not a bad player. Often getting assists. He is not clinical recently though and frustrating to have.

He will probably turn it around at some point. He got the talent just not the recent confidence. Maybe being a CL winner will do him good? Could score from the bench.

Schneiderman

Going Cancelo over Pepe failed, but Ronaldo worked.

I feel if take away Eriksen, Wijndal and Cancelo situation it is not a terrible start for my team, but those made it worse.

I lost 9 points doing Pepe to Cancelo though with my downgrade in midfield. Where is the guy that picked Pepe after we talked about him? Should have stayed with you. Not even a yellow card.
Yes mate should have had more faith in him, ever disciplined is Pepe.. Not trusting him against the big teams though!

It's been a weird week, lots of 0s and blanks but Lukaku captain, the keeper and Ronaldo make it not too bad.

Paul_Scholes18

Yes mate should have had more faith in him, ever disciplined is Pepe.. Not trusting him against the big teams though!

It's been a weird week, lots of 0s and blanks but Lukaku captain, the keeper and Ronaldo make it not too bad.
Pepe was close to score too. He is a good pick, but risky. In the playoff I might bring him in since you need cheaper picks.

Although if Portugal play England I will avoid that game as much as I can. Too hard to call.

Patchbeard

So, who's using Limitless then? Gives us your teams...

Mine is currently:
Donnarumma, Lloris
Hernandez, Alba, Spinazzola, Meunier, Dumfries
Bruno, Sterling, Insigne, Wijnaldum, Yarmolenko
Kane, Mbappe, Lukaku

There are plenty more defenders I would like (e.g. Stones) and forwards (e.g. Immobile and Ronaldo), but have no idea who to drop for them...

On the other hand the midfield options don't seem great, I would happily ditch any of them (except Insigne) if there were clearly better options, but I don't see any?!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Anyone going to do limitless or wildcard this matchday? Im tempted as the Cancelo thing means that im forced to use one of my transfers there. Probably 3 more id like to change too.

Paul_Scholes18

Mine is currently:
Donnarumma, Lloris
Kane, Mbappe, Lukaku

There are plenty more defenders I would like (e.g. Stones) and forwards (e.g. Immobile and Ronaldo), but have no idea who to drop for them...but

On the other hand the midfield options don't seem great, I would happily ditch any of them (except Insigne) if there were clearly better options, but I don't see any?!
Similar team for me. I got Zinchencho over Alba. Then Bale over Bruno right now.

One big reason is you do not want too many players on the last day. Cause if they suck you can't sub them off. Although 90% of the time you have 3-4 blanks anyway thus 3 player on last day could be fine.

4 is a bit too much I think. With Alba if he gets injured or benched you can't get any other points. You will also not know he starts. I guess he will, but it is a minor problem. Alba looked really good though so I wish I could find a way to have him.

Schneiderman

Mine is currently:
Donnarumma, Lloris
Kane, Mbappe, Lukaku

There are plenty more defenders I would like (e.g. Stones) and forwards (e.g. Immobile and Ronaldo), but have no idea who to drop for them...

I have KDB for Wijnaldum, couple different defenders and then the same. Going to try some differential captains for the first 2 days, then safe Kane / Mbappe in the last two if they’re needed. The midfielders really aren't great which is why I've gambled on KDB.

Pepe was close to score too. He is a good pick, but risky. In the playoff I might bring him in since you need cheaper picks.

Although if Portugal play England I will avoid that game as much as I can. Too hard to call.
Good point, if they get Croatia or the Czechs I'll get him back in for sure.

Paul_Scholes18

I have KDB for Wijnaldum, couple different defenders and then the same. Going to try some differential captains for the first 2 days, then safe Kane / Mbappe in the last two if they’re needed. The midfielders really aren't great which is why I've gambled on KDB.

Good point, if they get Croatia or the Czechs I'll get him back in for sure.
Yeah my guess is that it will be Portugal vs England. I thought France would win the group and Portugal second. Today has not changed that prediction.

Paul_Scholes18

Have you got a fixtures/draw chart image?
I have done tournament predictor. What I know is some first placed teams plays second teams or second vs second.

Then how they decide the order of third place teams I do not know. It is some system so they give teams a rest and not play against a team from same group.

Schneiderman

I've got the Germans beating Portugal on mine, which would actually make it Portugal vs Netherlands. I'd still be pretty confident with that though.

Red Star One

Launched my limitless chip. Looks like group stage is the best moment to use it, all teams have everything to play for now, we sort of can expect the line ups. Don’t know how I’ll navigate md3 without a WC - might in fact wildcard as I’m still left with Eriksen (first time I’m not even mad at a player that’s flagged in my fantasy) and there might be rotation. England looks like the most likely clean sheet this week, but can’t go without Kane. Probably gonna go light on Belgium, obviously triple France.