giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Holland's had issues with fan behaviour all season long

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Acuna.. dumbass. Missing the final for shithousery.

wangyu

What an incredible season for the Serie A and then many people here have the audacity to call it a second rate league.
3 cups, 3 finalists.
It is not all about the premier league fellas this is shown year in year out, in England the teams can outspend nearly each team in the world but it doesn’t mean you dominate Europe.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Fiorentina v West Ham will be the UEFA Conference Final..
The final everyone probably expected since the beginning of the competition

PoTMS

The two best teams in the competition make it to the final.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What an incredible season for the Serie A and then many people here have the audacity to call it a second rate league.
3 cups, 3 finalists.
It is not all about the premier league fellas this is shown year in year out, in England the teams can outspend nearly each team in the world but it doesn’t mean you dominate Europe.
It's because Italy didn't make the world Cup so they all had a month rest. Not kidding. Fatigue has killed teams who have had a lot of world cup involvement this season.

TheGame

3 cups, 3 finalists.
All credit to the Italian teams, they’ve done a great job in reaching the finals.

BorisManUtd

It's because Italy didn't make the world Cup so they all had a month rest. Not kidding. Fatigue has killed teams who have had a lot of world cup involvement this season.
Wangyu has this anti-PL agenda that he keeps insisting on. Could've just congratulated Italian teams but had to go on about English teams etc.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The players aren't all Italian though

bosnian_red

Large proportion of them are! And a large proportion of the key players for these teams didn't play. Osimhen, kvara, Lobotka from Napoli for example among others. Theo Hernandez and Giroud from Milan are pretty much the only 2.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's the conference. How many west ham players went to the WC? 3? Fiorentina sent 3 as well iirc

BorisManUtd

Don't think any of 3 Italian teams that got to the European semis had many players playing the WC anyways. Lautaro Martinez, Dumfries, Lukaku (out in group stages) and perhaps few more from Inter. 2 From Milan and then few from Juve I think.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Onana, De Vrij, Dumfries, Brozovic(?), Lukaku, Lautaro, Theo, Leao, Giroud, Kjaer, Kim, Anguissa, Zielinski, Lozano, Milenkovic, Amrabat, Jovic, Scesny, Danilo, Bremer, Kostic, Vlahovic, Di Maria, Paredes, Rabiot, Zalewski, Dybala

Off the top of my head

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Nah.
Milan and Juventus had overall 5 players in the World Cup final... More than those who would have been called up by Mancini.
No Fiorentina italian player would have been called up for the World Cup while Amrabat and Nico Gonzalez stayed in Qatar until the end.

Sevilla and Atletico were the most represented clubs in the final If I remember correctly.. One of them reached the UEL final, the other one are flying and have been one the most inform team in Europe in 2023

Last edited:

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Onana, De Vrij, Dumfries, Brozovic(?), Lukaku, Lautaro, Theo, Leao, Giroud, Kjaer, Kim, Anguissa, Zielinski, Lozano, Milenkovic, Amrabat, Jovic

Off the top of my head
Fun fact: Juventus had a "perfect" Starting XI in the World Cup:
(3-5-2) Szczesny - Brazilian trio - Kostic - Rabiot - McKennie - Paredes - Di Maria - Milik - Vlahovic

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
The two best teams in the competition make it to the final.
Last year's CL semi finalists Villareal and next years CL entrants Lazio were also in.

There's a very small number of teams - Real Madrid, Bayern, Man City - who are currently nailed on to play CL - everyone else will end up floating between the three european competitions.

wangyu

Wangyu has this anti-PL agenda that he keeps insisting on. Could've just congratulated Italian teams but had to go on about English teams etc.
I’m big enough to admit I have an agenda against the EPL but that is mainly because the people on this forum constantly downgrade other leagues as farmer leagues which is far from the truth and quite frankly arrogant. I’m just adding some much needed counterweight and realism.

BorisManUtd

I’m big enough to admit I have an agenda against the EPL but that is mainly because the people on this forum constantly downgrade other leagues as farmer leagues Which is far from the truth. I’m just adding some much needed counterweight and realism
I'm not sure many people care that much about other leagues tbf. But I mostly spend time on United/PL matchday threads so not sure.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Fiorentina the first club to reach the final of every european tournament :D

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Should be a good final. Hope Fiorentina can do it.

bosnian_red

Nah.
Milan and Juventus had overall 5 players in the World Cup final... More than those who would have been called up by Mancini.
No Fiorentina italian player would have been called up in the World Cup while Amrabat and Nico Gonzalez stayed there until the end.

Sevilla and Atletico were the most represented clubs in the final If I remember correctly.. One of them reached the UEL final, the other one are flying and have been one the most inform team in Europe in 2023
They've all had down years in the league though (both Milan and inter roughly 20 points fewer than last season). All well and good focusing in on 1 competition, but everyone has struggled across competitions if they had world cup commitments (more than usual).

Nico Gonzalez didn't play in the world Cup. Amrabat I'll give ya. They are 8th though, don't follow them much so not sure if that was expected or a down year. Sevilla definitely had a shit year in the league.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
It’s mad how we’ve got 2 ex managers in European finals and 3 ex players in the CL final.

wangyu

I'm not sure many people care that much about other leagues tbf. But I mostly spend time on United/PL matchday threads so not sure.
My agenda is very weird btw because I only follow the EPL and I always hope the teams do well in Europe, I even support the English national team as a foreigner but currently I don’t think they deserve the plaudits as the undisputed best league in the world.

Pintu

Onana, De Vrij, Dumfries, Brozovic(?), Lukaku, Lautaro, Theo, Leao, Giroud, Kjaer, Kim, Anguissa, Zielinski, Lozano, Milenkovic, Amrabat, Jovic, Scesny, Danilo, Bremer, Kostic, Vlahovic, Di Maria, Paredes, Rabiot, Zalewski, Dybala

Off the top of my head
Brozovic missed many games since coming back from the WC... I think their season would have been tougher with more important players going to the WC... Suppose Inter had Bastoni and Barella go to the WC as well, it would have added more fatigue.

padr81

Supports
Man City
David Moyes - European Champion, is now a real possibility.

Goldfiessli

Supports
FC Basel
Back from the stadium in Basel and even though the last minute goal hurts, Fiorentina deserved to go through. They have so much quality in midfield and attack, I think they can cause trouble for West Ham.

Also hope the Fiorentina fan is ok. Didn’t look too good in the stadium.

Token Sheet

"No 6 bus to Old Trafford 6p, Admission to re
Back from the stadium in Basel and even though the last minute goal hurts, Fiorentina deserved to go through. They have so much quality in midfield and attack, I think they can cause trouble for West Ham.

Also hope the Fiorentina fan is ok. Didn’t look too good in the stadium.
I went to Basel for our UCL game a few years ago and have to say your fans were not very pleasant.
Remember the night before the game when they stormed a pun called the "Sherwood: I think?
I ain't even going to mention the night after the game.
When you consider that fans come to Utd with no issues whatsoever it really does rub us up the wrong way.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We played Fiorentina in a last 16 match many years ago with Moyes and lost on penalties.

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
The Italian teams have, as a group, massively outperformed the PL ones in europe this season.

Fiorentina will be the favourites.