Europa League 20/21

RashyForPM

That’s a truly remarkable free-kick. As the old saying goes, two keepers wouldn’t have saved that.

Bondathon

Yeah, but "Wolfsberger" is the adjective for 'belonging to Wolfsberg'. It doesn't make any grammatical sense to use it as a noun.
I hate to drag this up again, but I’m curious about this.

If Wolfsberger is an adjective, then do you have an objection to people calling Manchester United ‘United’, as that is an adverb and therefore makes no sense grammatically? Or would you interpret the word United in that context as just a shortened form of a proper noun, in which case, isn’t Wolfsberger also the shortened form of a proper noun?

Teja

Wonder if we can get Saka for our RW :nervous:

Will be be more expensive than Sancho? I think Arsenal have had their share of financial difficulties.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

If Wolfsberger is an adjective, then do you have an objection to people calling Manchester United ‘United’, as that is an adverb and therefore makes no sense grammatically? Or would you interpret the word United in that context as just a shortened form of a proper noun, in which case, isn’t Wolfsberger also the shortened form of a proper noun?
How do you shorten by adding two letters?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
ABSURD penalty against villarreal

VAR check now, hopefully ref won't give it now

Edit: VAR works

Benfica! :lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
As in, it’s a shorter form of the full name, which is Wolfsberger AC. In the same way Milan is short for AC Milan.
But the logic in calling Milan Milan and the Pellets Wolfsberg is that instead of using the club name you use the name of the city. The same way people refer to Olympique Lyonnaise as Lyon instead of Lyonnaise (I don't speak French, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) or Porto instead of do Porto.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Benficas bench is stacked with quality.

NinjaFletch

The -er suffix is indicating the word is a genetive. I.e it's the AC belonging to Wolfsberg or Wolfsberg's AC. In your example it would be closer to if the team was called Manchester's United and the foreign press called us Manchester's.

Nickholas

Supports
Chelsea
Arsenal should be ok... Willian is on to rescue them. :0)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Feck. Why did it have to be ceballos