Europa League 20/21

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Out of interest why isn't that 2nd leg of the Arsenal game played in London?
Portugal is red-listed in UK.

Liverpool play in Liverpool and isn’t their second leg in Liverpool?
That second leg won't be played in UK. Leipzig would need to self-isolate for 10 days upon returning to Germany which means Liverpool need to find a neutral venue.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Keown trying to be unbiased when talking about Arsenal is hilarious to watch. They need to... We have to... :lol:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Even the most journalists are saying "Wolfsberger" and this shows most of them have won their journalism study at the lottery.
It's not that wrong - the city is "Wolfsberg", but the club is indeed officially the "Wolfsberger AC".

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
It's not that wrong - the city is "Wolfsberg", but the club is indeed officially the "Wolfsberger AC".
Yeah, but "Wolfsberger" is the adjective for 'belonging to Wolfsberg'. It doesn't make any grammatical sense to use it as a noun.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Even the most journalists are saying "Wolfsberger" and this shows most of them have won their journalism study at the lottery.
That's why I posted it, wasn't directed at posters here but at the Guardian live blog..

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Yeah, but "Wolfsberger" is the adjective for 'belonging to Wolfsberg'. It doesn't make any grammatical sense to use it as a noun.
If it wasn't for the pandemic, there would have been a game between Lancaster and Of Manchester this weekend in the Northern Premier League.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
If that was the case forget my post. At least now this became a little lesson in german grammar for the readers here

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
How come Spurs are playing the pellets a day early?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
They’re playing in Athens though?
Someone said in another thread it's because the games where scheduled before the match was changed from London to Athens. Or sommat.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Are they? Says Tottenham stadium everywhere.
Both games were scheduled to be played in London on the same night originally, Tottenham’s game got moved to tonight to prevent the clash, since then Arsenal’s game has been moved to Athens for other reasons.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
They’re playing in Athens though?

It's because, at the time of the round of 32 draw, Spurs' north London rivals Arsenal were expected to play their second leg against Benfica a few short miles away at the Emirates Stadium.
As a result, UEFA didn't want two teams from the same city in action on the same day.
The change of date was announced by Spurs on the day it was revealed that they had been paired with the Austrian outfit back in December.
"Please note, our second leg at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium will take place on Wednesday 24 February, kick-off 5pm UK , due to Arsenal's involvement in the competition," a statement on Spurs' official website read.
With Arsenal's game against Benfica no longer taking place in north London due to coronavirus restrictions, there's a case that Spurs vs Wolfsberger could have been moved back to Thursday evening.
However, given the Europa League venue changes were only confirmed on February 12, it's likely that UEFA didn't feel the need to make further alterations.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Both games were scheduled to be played in London on the same night originally, Tottenham’s game got moved to tonight to prevent the clash, since then Arsenal’s game has been moved to Athens for other reasons.
Oh right, apologies, I misunderstood that completely

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I was toying with the thought of mailing them about it myself :D
I'm ashamed to say I messaged the guy on Twitter :nervous: (but then he had changed it already)

I need to find more useful things to do with my time, really

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'm ashamed to say I messaged the guy on Twitter :nervous: (but then he had changed it already)

I need to find more useful things to do with my time, really
As long as you used really aggressive wording it's all okay.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
At least we can be sure Diallo and possibly Shoretire will get decent gametime tomorrow (30+ mins unless something goes badly wrong). Spurs have given Scarlett and John a whopping 10 mins tonight with them 7-1 up.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I have been assigned Ajax V Lille tonight.

So if anyone wants to put flashscore on and listen to me, you're welcome to.

Devil81

Realistically who do we think cares enough about this competition to win it.

Traditionally over the last ten years the Italian clubs don't see that interested at all but the Spanish and English teams seem the most interested but looking at the Spanish sides left in it I'd have said Sociedad were the strongest.

Winner must surely come from United, Spurs, Ajax, Arsenal, Leicester or Roma.

Wayne's World

Am I right in saying that the draw tomorrow is an open draw? As in we can draw an English team like Leicester, Arsenal, Tottenham in the last 16 or is it the next round when that happens?

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
Realistically who do we think cares enough about this competition to win it.

Traditionally over the last ten years the Italian clubs don't see that interested at all but the Spanish and English teams seem the most interested but looking at the Spanish sides left in it I'd have said Sociedad were the strongest.

Winner must surely come from United, Spurs, Ajax, Arsenal, Leicester or Roma.
Villareal, Milan (if they regain some form) maybe?

Devil81

Villareal, Milan (if they regain some form) maybe?
I actually think Milan have their eyes elsewhere and could look at resting in this. I don't think United would be taking it as seriously if we were realistically in the title race.

Villareal are pants mate, behind Sociedad in La Liga and we've just walked through them. La Liga is in a bad place at the minute, look at Chelsea beating the top team Atletico away from home.

I stick by my list of teams written earlier.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I guess I am a Benfica fan today. I want Leicester to go through so they have more games to play.

LovelyLittlePanda

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm watching Ajax Lille. Should be very exciting 'cause Lille needs to score 2. For this reason Lille left CB Fonte on the bench because he likes to defend next to his goalkeeper. Gravenberch was suspended for the first match and is one of Ajax's biggest talent. His control in small spaces is beautiful for an 1.9m player.

Raredaredevil

Won't be surprised if Arsenal get a 0-0 draw to make it to the next round with Arteta style.

Mike Smalling

Can anyone tell me if the away goals rule is still in effect, when playing two games at a neutral ground?