Europa League 2019/20

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They seem to be drawing these competitions out a bit, semi final isn't until Sunday? Could've played all 4 QFs tonight and then had SFs on Friday and wrapped things up by Monday.

I presume anyone who reaches the final will get the first weekend of the season off as it's only three week gap.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
They seem to be drawing these competitions out a bit, semi final isn't until Sunday? Could've played all 4 QFs tonight and then had SFs on Friday and wrapped things up by Monday.

I presume anyone who reaches the final will get the first weekend of the season off as it's only three week gap.
Because it needs to align with the break in between CL games and EL, and there was still second leg last 16 and last 32 ties to finish off in both comps.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
You know its like your (united fans) obsession with Lukaku, just a big circus for everyone to have his own laugh.
And yes we definitely need Werner Ziyech and hopefully Harvetz to cover up that swiss cheese of defense.
Haha, yeah I know mate, it’s only lighthearted. Just hope both of us are not here in 12 months asking the same questions! :(

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Have to say I’m not confident going into one of Wolves or Sevilla.
You'll find a way....e.g ref points his finger at the penalty spot.;)

Still think it will be a Man. United-Inter Milan final. Inter have done really well to get through Getafe and Bayer Leverkusen so they'll be feeling good about their chances now.

CM

Sevilla better win tomorrow. Sick of the sight of those orange bastards

Havak

Pokemon master
In hindsight we probably should have expected our game to go like that. Copenhagen had conceded 11 in 17 in Europe, while we'd conceded 4 in 10. I still feel that we were a bit unlucky on the night. Of course, we played to a rather average level, but usually with a performance like that we'd have come away with at least a couple of goals in open play. Their goalkeeper also had a bit of a worldie with 13 saves, that doesn't happen very often.

Wolves or Sevilla is going to be very difficult. Sevilla have also only conceded 4 in 9 in the Europa League this season, while Wolves have let in 8 in 10 but that's still a good record and we know how tricky they can be to beat. Whoever we get, it's going to be another tight game and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to extra time again...

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Europa League final:

Inter-Wolves 42.5%
Inter-Manchester United 40%
Inter-Sevilla 10%
Shaktar-Wolves 2.5%
Shaktar-Manchester United 2.5%
Sevilla-Shaktar 2.5%
Wolves have to get through Sevilla, the record holders, and then us to get to the final and you make them favourites to play Inter in the final??? That's a bold claim. They are capable of it but I don't think they are favourites at all. In fact I'd say Sevilla are more likely to get to the final than Wolves are.

::sonny::

Inter-Sevilla 30%
Inter-Wolves 25%
Inter-Manchester United 25%
Shaktar-Sevilla 10%
Shaktar-wolves 5%
Shaktar-Manchester united 5%

::sonny::

Wolves have to get through Sevilla, the record holders, and then us to get to the final and you make them favourites to play Inter in the final??? That's a bold claim. They are capable of it but I don't think they are favourites at all. In fact I'd say Sevilla are more likely to get to the final than Wolves are.
Changed, after a review

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
You can get a 10/1 bet on Wolves winning the EL, which is worth a fiver

Inter are bookie favourites for some reason (easier semi?)

KC91

You can get a 10/1 bet on Wolves winning the EL, which is worth a fiver

Inter are bookie favourites for some reason (easier semi?)
I think it’s partially the semi matchup, and partially their performance yesterday. Really should have won that match 4-1 or 5-1 against a team that a lot of people were picking to beat them.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Inter are favorites to win the cup, they are playing well and our players looks exhausted every game which is strange as they just had good break.

I think it will be Inter vs Sevilla finals.

izec

Sevilla and Shaktar will make it. Then i expect Inter to go through, while Sevilla vs us will be pretty open if they make it in 90 minutes tonight.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Sevilla please. Wolves we play at least twice next season anyway.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Who do we want to go through tonight,Sevilla or Wolves ?
Overall Sevilla performed very well after the restart and played their best games at the end of the season. The important player are all looking extremely motivated and up for it. In a one-off anything can happen, but I would be very surprised if Sevilla doesn't advance tonight. That said, I don't know much about Wolves.

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
Not very confident about tonight our form has not been great since the restart and Johnny and podence both been out will be a big miss. Sevilla are rightly favourites, but in a one off game though you never know.

peridigm

Not very confident about tonight our form has not been great since the restart and Johnny and podence both been out will be a big miss. Sevilla are rightly favourites, but in a one off game though you never know.
Hope the players lack confidence as well. Don't really want to see another United/Wolves match. ;)

SATA

I don’t really rate this Sevilla side but they beat Roma very comfortably the other day. Wolves will be tough to get past

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Revenge against Sevilla for the football heritage bollocks Jose said

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Has to be - I think some bod said there's a minimum time off.

Not ideal when we're already starting a season 4-5 weeks behind the usual.

RashyForPM

Wolves or Sevilla are as organised and have quality far in excess of Copenhagen I’m afraid.
Annoyed that them Inter twats get Shakhtar or Basel but we shouldn’t complain about draws after our luck over the past few years.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Young is in insane form. Assists all the time. Why was his crossing so bloody poor for us under Ole?
It was like he had lost it. Maybe confidence?
He is a wing back for inter. He was decent when he played as a defensive winger for us.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wolves or Sevilla are as organised and have quality far in excess of Copenhagen I’m afraid.
Annoyed that them Inter twats get Shakhtar or Basel but we shouldn’t complain about draws after our luck over the past few years.
Yeah we can't complain when we've just played Copenhagen!
Yes they held us to 1-0, but "Held" is the word - we could have really filled our boots.

Red00012

I’d prefer Sevilla .

I can’t take another game v wolves and to get knocked out by them would be sickening.