Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Two of the three biggest clubs in the world, who've spent more than anyone else in the summer, meeting in the play-offs of the Europa. Have to laugh really :lol:

Slevs

likes to play with penises
If this wasn't real life I'd say its scripted FIFA bullshit :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Noice. Don't feck this up. Otherwise we might just let liverpool beat us for once :devil:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It did look like Zoltan just grabbed our ball and then swirled it around whilst keeping hold but there's no way he'd know that was ours given the other guy put it in the bowl and swirled it first.
he swirled it quite fast too. You’d have to be a magician to keep up with what ball it was

MUFC OK

Gotta love a draw like this - if we're not playing Champions League ourselves, there's no better occasion to rekindle that special European feeling at Old Trafford. Can't help but be excited by it.

And, in any case, once they knock us out we can at least halt the Thursday/Sunday schedule!
Completely agree - football is about seeing the biggest games. Will be a good test of where we are at. This was certainly a rigged draw though.

klsv

Good stuff. The Liverpool of La Liga, will enjoy smashing them.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
It's an unbelievable tie for the Europa League - it was a CL semi and 2 finals 11-14 years ago.

Can't believe we're playing this tie...Omonoia 1-0 still baffles me. And I'm pretty sure we will make them look like Guardiola's or Enrique's prime teams.

ColvaleGoa

If we don't have champions League we make our own Champions League !!!

Than we / refs will find a way to knock us out!!!

Giggsy13

I knew with our luck it would be Barca or Juve. I have faith we could win this and that ten Hag will firmly out manage Xavi. Tough on paper but actually an evenly matched tie.

Rustyspider13

Hah! A very predictable draw. Can't even fault UEFA for it, if you get the chance to have United-Barca on tv, you take it. The viewership is too good. I'll be confident of progress if we have our full first team available.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This is the real super league.

Adamsk7

The way I look at it is that both teams got what they deserved. For us, we should have won that group easily but we didn’t. We deserved to have a play off game against the most difficult opponent.
For them, finishing third in a CL group is so below their standard, they also deserved an extra game in a worse tournament against arguably the worst opponent they could get too.

I honestly don’t care if it’s rigged or not - looking forward to a big European game at OT.

Pintu

As if we'd get to a final :lol:
It is not that hard. Rangers reached it last year (despite drawing some big guns in their way). Olé reached a final and a semi-final (partly thanks to some lucky draws).

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
If they were rigging it, the biggest sides would meet in the final.
I don't believe it's rigged but this argument isn't convincing as smaller sides regularly knock-out the bigger sides. They could have rigged the draw to provide entertaining clashes with interesting narratives and avoid the bore of the same teams always meeting in the final stages. I don't think neutrals only like to watch finals between the biggest sides.

Also, there is no guarantee of either of both teams getting to the finals so having such a high-profile tie now is a huge advert for the Europa. Again, I don't believe it, but I can see why some think it is.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
They'll beat us in double digits, wont they?
Why are so many people here freaking out about Barca? Just have a look at their European record under Xavi and calm down...

They proceeded against Galatasaray last season in the EL and against Pilsen this season. That's not United's level, so United should have a pretty good chance

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I don't believe it's rigged but this argument isn't convincing as smaller sides regularly knock-out the bigger sides. They could have rigged the draw to provide entertaining clashes with interesting narratives and avoid the bore of the same teams always meeting in the final stages. I don't think neutrals only like to watch finals between the biggest sides.

Also, there is no guarantee of either of both teams getting to the finals so having such a high-profile tie now is a huge advert for the Europa. Again, I don't believe it, but I can see why some think it is.
Agree with this. Every round should have at least one blockbuster match to keep people interested.