g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Out to Spanish opposition for the 6th year running - with another Spanish side getting the assist.

Pronewbie

Peep
Good to know early on if we deserve to proceed in the competition. Our calendar could look very bare empty come March, which may be a good thing for our ambition of a top 4 finish in the league.

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
Great draw.

A lot will depend on how serious the teams take it. Barca need to focus on La Liga as it seems neck and neck until the next clasico at least. Providing our players are fit, I feel confident but with a January window, a lot can change. United will likely sign a ST and we could get a RB.

The Purley King

Great draw.

A lot will depend on how serious the teams take it. Barca need to focus on La Liga as it seems neck and neck until the next clasico at least. Providing our players are fit, I feel confident but with a January window, a lot can change. United will likely sign a ST and we could get a RB.
With a fully fit team I don't think we are underdogs by that much. Things will hopefully look quite a bit different on that front in February.
We just cannot continue with Ronaldo any more, so with a bit of luck we'll get a proper centre forward in January as Martial is the most injury prone player I can recall in recent times.

I Am Zlatan

I understand we’re obviously not there yet, but it is what it is, we should be competing with Europe’s top teams, we want to be in the champions league, if we were, we would face many of these big teams anyways.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Woule prefer to play Barcelona than some WiFi password from Eastern Europe. At least there is some excitement to the tie.

How are Barcelona fans feeling about the draw?

Siorac

Just a reminder, they are in this mess because they got KO:d by a poor Inter (7th in the Italian league). And Ter Stegen is the only reason they weren't humiliated on the Camp Nou on that night... In these 2 seasons, they've gathered 2 points out of 12 against Inter and Benfica.

Since Xavi joined, they've only beaten Plzen or Kyiv in the CL.
Fair enough but our European record isn't stellar either - and those dismissing La Liga as irrelevant should remember that we just finished second behind a Spanish team, that's why we're facing Barcelona.

Point is, we are in no way favourites in this tie.

Lecland07

Barcelona are a Europa League level club at this time. Not sure why people are so worried. They are very susceptible to the counter attack; could be the perfect opposition for us.

cyberman

Barcelona are a Europa League level club at this time. Not sure why people are so worried. They are very susceptible to the counter attack; could be the perfect opposition for us.
Plus they won’t care about EL. I’d be shocked if it’s even a full house over there.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
as predicted... just knew this was coming. I worry that we don't have enough truly big characters for the atmosphere at the Nou Camp. meanwhile they've just gone top of La Liga, 11 points ahead of Sociedad

Last edited:

croadyman

Let's do Barca.

We either stuff one in FDJ's face or get out of Thursdays nights and give our squad some rest for the latter half of the season. Win win.
Yeah not playing on a Thurs is win win,like you say it will allow us to rest players for league

Mindhunter

This will be a good test. If this doesn't fire up the players then I don't know what will. Playing against and possibly beating this Barca team will be a good experience for the lads.

If we don't give a good account of ourselves then it will be hard to justify whether any progress is being made from last year after a change in manager and millions of dollars spent in the transfer market.

Our tie with Man City left a sour taste. It was men against boys so I am hoping the team can right that wrong by beating Barca and progress further in the competition.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Well, aside from winning a EL group that included Manchester United......
11 against 12 men in 2 games, would have been pathetic if they had failed to top that group even after that.

massi83

:drool:
Look at those fixtures. Much more interesting competition than CL.