Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Not being able to watch the match but any good news about Wirtz is exciting :drool: . Guy is a gem of a player, up their the Bellingham, Pedri and Musiala of the world in talent but doesn't get talked up enough.

Blackwidow

Florian Wirtz turning Monaco inside out in this second half. Just back from an ACL injury and then goes and does this.
Great stuff.
That is why it never was a problem for Leverkusen to let Havertz go - the younger guy was an upgrade...

Not being able to watch the match but any good news about Wirtz is exciting :drool: . Guy is a gem of a player, up their the Bellingham, Pedri and Musiala of the world in talent but doesn't get talked up enough.
He was out a year. So that is not really surprising - and he just plays for Leverkusen and not a top dog.

Last edited:

massi83

I don't think it matters. Hradecky invited the pressure, but couldn't take it. Some refs would call it a foul, others wouldn't. So I don't think it's VARable.
It's clearly to the back of Hradecky. As dumb as it is from Hradecky, it is a very clear and obvious refereeing mistake

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What the heck happened in Leverkusen? I stopped watching some time after the Wirtz goal, thinking that this was only going one way and then they ended up losing? :lol:

avgp_1

I don't think it matters. Hradecky invited the pressure, but couldn't take it. Some refs would call it a foul, others wouldn't. So I don't think it's VARable.
TBH these are debatable calls. I remember the tackle on Eriksen vs Arsenal getting overturned as a foul by VAR but then we see lots of them not being given when it doesnt lead to much.

Pintu

What the heck happened in Leverkusen? I stopped watching some time after the Wirtz goal, thinking that this was only going one way and then they ended up losing? :lol:
Monaco's Diatta got a wonderful equalizer (looked offside to me)... And then a lucky winner. With the away goals goen, the game is still wide open.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
TBH these are debatable calls. I remember the tackle on Eriksen vs Arsenal getting overturned as a foul by VAR but then we see lots of them not being given when it doesnt lead to much.
Lots of refs will just protect the defender by default, but I've watched it again just now and all I can see is a reasonable shoulder to shoulder pressure. It's not Embolo's fault that Hradecky invites his challenge, but then doesn't brace himself for it.

massi83

Lots of refs will just protect the defender by default, but I've watched it again just now and all I can see is a reasonable shoulder to shoulder pressure. It's not Embolo's fault that Hradecky invites his challenge, but then doesn't brace himself for it.
:lol: how can you not see it is from back side

massi83

Good from the ref in Juve's game to overrule VAR when VAR tried to call a pen for hand ball when there was clear foul in the defender first

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
So tonight we'll find out who will join

Arsenal
Fenerbahçe
Real Betis
Union St. Gilloise
Real Sociedad
Feyenoord
Freiburg
Ferencvaros

...in the round of 16. 1st leg scores (expecting the bolded teams to go through):

Shakhtar 2-1 Rennes
RB Salzburg 1-0 Roma
Barcelona 2-2 United
Ajax 0-0 Union Berlin
Sporting CP
1-1 FC Midtjylland
Sevilla 3-0 PSV
Juventus 1-1 Nantes
Leverkusen 2-3 Monaco

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
It's difficult to see past either Arsenal and the winner of Utd-Barca as likely winners this year.

top1whoisman

Scout
It's difficult to see past either Arsenal and the winner of Utd-Barca as likely winners this year.
Feel the same. Although Lego Pep might actually play a weaker team like he did in the FA Cup against City. Perhaps there’s a small chance for the other Spanish teams to go all the way but that’s pretty much it.

top1whoisman

Scout

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Imagine you're chasing two*goals against Monaco to even reach extra time and you're starting with a back 5 and Adli/Hlozek in attack.*Hradecky-factor

Pintu

We should be aiming to win this thing. And it’s a real trophy, no offence to the Carabao thing.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Imagine you're chasing two*goals against Monaco to even reach extra time and you're starting with a back 5 and Adli/Hlozek in attack.*Hradecky-factor
Aged like pilk

top1whoisman

Scout
It's going all wrong for Nantes tonight. Red card for a deliberate handball to stop Di Maria getting his second and a penalty for Juve.

top1whoisman

Scout
Ben Yedder puts Monaco in front (on aggregate) again from the spot, Di Maria puts his away and Juve are pretty much through.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Red card plus penalty for a player laying on the grass and then gets the ball agaisnt his arm seems a little excessive, right?

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Red card plus penalty for a player laying on the grass and then gets the ball agaisnt his arm seems a little excessive, right?
Seems like the only natural position for arms VAR will accept is shoved right up your own arse:lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This game is so one-sided, there is no way Leverkusen are going to let this slip!