Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

Rustyspider13

A tale of two strikers this. Embolo has made Monaco better while Schick has made Leverkusen worse.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Christ how the hell did Midtijland get out of group stage? Comical defending

Rustyspider13

Extra time at Monaco now. This has been a great distraction from the build up of the United game.

Elpidios

Monaco knocks it in during the last few seconds and thinks they have won it!! ...But the ball had crossed the goal line prior to the cut back, incredible game!

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
All four teams in their group finished with 8 points :lol:
Oh that group. Tbf it was just one of those games where everything goes wrong. Happened to Sporting in the CL against Marseille.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Leverkusen seemed dead on their feet in the final 10 or so minutes, yet Xabi only made two subs so far. Surely he has to react now?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Was a clear penalty for Frimpong for my liking

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Oh that group. Tbf it was just one of those games where everything goes wrong. Happened to Sporting in the CL against Marseille.
They've done incredibly well to get to this stage (and to get the draw from Lisbon).

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
That was my point: both are at the very beginning of their careers, Wirtz already has an ACL injury to his name. What level and position they will settle on, how many tournaments they will get to play together remains to be seen. Two years ago Havertz was the golden boy and look where he is now.
I was fearful of how Wirtz would return after his injury but he's looked great so still hopeful he'll reach his potential.

I wasn't very giddy over Havertz during his last season to be honest :p Wirtz looks definite world class potential.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Never easy against Barcelona. Do they have a ref consulting department for Europe as well?

Canagel

Di Maria is one of the greatest playmakers of all time. Snake but you cant deny the mans quality.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
They've done incredibly well to get to this stage (and to get the draw from Lisbon).
Yeah that's why I somewhat corrected my first reaction. But the result in Lisbon was more due to our deep crisys at this stage.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Was a clear penalty for Frimpong for my liking
It wasn't entirely clear whether the contact was strong enough to warrant Frimpong's fall and since UEFA's VAR has a very high intervention threshold in general it wasn't that surprising that they didn't act.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Ajax playing a 343. Curious how this will work out.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Leverkusen-Monaco was a scorcher but now in extra time it's just 20 dudes waiting for the sweet release of death. They're all shot

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Leverkusen-Monaco was a scorcher but now in extra time it's just 20 dudes waiting for the sweet release of death. They're all shot
If you check Leverkusen's penalty stats you'll quickly realize that there's likely nothing sweet ahead of them.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why did Tah let the ball escape for a corner instead of clearing it?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Leverkusen have been terrible at pens lately, this will be interesting

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Leverkusen have probably already converted as many penalties today as in the last two years combined.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Only a fool would have doubted their ability to see through such a tense fixture.
The fact that Nübel now has a 94.5% penalty conversion rate against him might have helped. ;)
And I just checked, he only saved 1 of those 36 attempts, the other miss went wide.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't care how many pundits and Twitter clips try to convince me Weghorst serves a role in the United team, he's useless.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Ajax getting knocked out by Union Berlin? Who would have seen that one coming a few years ago? :lol:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Union 2-0 in front... bad mistake from Ajax' keeper, he really shouldn't have let that shot through

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Ajax getting knocked out by Union Berlin? Who would have seen that one coming a few years ago? :lol:
Nobody :lol:

But despite Union now leading 2-0 and the match in Amsterdam ending 0-0, I think the first leg was even more impressive. Ajax was scared to even enter Union's half despite having lots of possession, today it is just a typical Union match - early lead, effective counter attacks against a team that has to win and there you go.

Baneofthegame

Just came to post in here about Monaco vs Leverkusen.

What in gods name happened in this game? I'm watching the Utd game on my phone and it seemed like there was 8 goals in 10 minutes?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Just came to post in here about Monaco vs Leverkusen.

What in gods name happened in this game? I'm watching the Utd game on my phone and it seemed like there was 8 goals in 10 minutes?
Penalty shootout.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
And there's the 3-1... Union's resilience this season is really impressive, amazing how often they score just minutes after conceding.

Blackwidow

Union 2-0 in front... bad mistake from Ajax' keeper, he really shouldn't have let that shot through
Funny is that they really have problems against Schalke & Co.
Then they have to take more ball possession - but Ajax had 70% when I looked it up around half time. Then they are fine...