Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Seriously how has nobody posted a video of the psv fan attacking sevilla gk and ending up in a chokehold?!??!

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We should only focus on the league from now on to be honest (unless we draw juventus).

BorisManUtd

Round of 16 matches: 9 & 16 March 2023
We play Liverpool (A), Southampton (H) and Brighton (A) around these 2 dates. I just hope we can draw Ferencvaros or Union Saint-Gilloise. We played Barca in round of 32 and will play strong teams (if we go through) from quarterfinals so an easier opponent would be nice.

Bwuk

Union please.

We could do with a bit of a easier tie to help rotate.

Orange Tree

Just avoid Shakhtar and spanish teams.

We already have four matches against spanish teams this season and it feels like we always got dumped out of europe by one of them

croadyman

Hopefully arse get Roma

id like Utd to get Real Betis. never played them before and a good club but winnable
Wouldn't mind Ferencvaros as remember them playing Newcastle back in 90s in this competition

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I kind of want Sociedad to put things right.
I mean we did beat them away, but did also phone in an atrocious second half performance when we had to score.

Sociedad matches will be very attritional and fairly tight. I think I’d rather face anyone else.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
We play Liverpool (A), Southampton (H) and Brighton (A) around these 2 dates. I just hope we can draw Ferencvaros or Union Saint-Gilloise. We played Barca in round of 32 and will play strong teams (if we go through) from quarterfinals so an easier opponent would be nice.
Southampton game to get moved?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Does anyone have a list of the teams we can draw? I haven't a Scooby how the seeding etc. works. Or even if we can draw English opposition because we've already played a knockout round.

CM

Round of 16 draw tomorrow at 12:00 CET.

Seeded:

Arsenal
Fenerbahçe
Real Betis
Union Saint-Gilloise
Real Sociedad
Feyenoord
Freiburg
Ferencvaros

Unseeded:

Shakhtar
Roma
United
Union Berlin
Sporting CP
Sevilla
Juventus
Leverkusen

• The eight UEFA Europa League group stage winners will be seeded; the eight knockout round play-off winners will be unseeded.
• The UEFA Europa League group winners play the second leg at home.
• Clubs from the same association cannot be drawn against each other. Further restrictions will be announced before the draw.

Round of 16 matches: 9 & 16 March 2023

So we can't face Arsenal. Sociedad (knowing our luck we'll definitely get them), Betis & Freiburg would be the teams to avoid out of the remaining six, although we should be able to beat them over two legs. Hope Arsenal get one of Sevilla/Roma. Or even Juve.
The pool of unseeded teams looks stronger :lol: Is that how this is supposed to work?

redshaw

We really could do with an easy tie and squad rotation.

Also this feels like one too many ties. I'd like our team to give it the respect and we certainly gave Europa an incredible tie just but the players need recovery. I want to see quality, not players dead and burnt out towards the end of the season.

Pintu

Great. I got tickets to that game and praying it doesn't go to Monday.
That would be cruel and illogical. The Monday would make closer to the return leg of the EL game (which is an away game) than it would be to the first leg...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Considering how ridiculous the Barcelona draw was UEFA owe us big time with the last 16 draw, which means we'll probably draw 1970s Brazil and have to play both legs away.

croadyman

We really could do with an easy tie and squad rotation.

Also this feels like one too many ties. I'd like our team to give it the respect and we certainly gave Europa an incredible tie just but the players need recovery. I want to see quality, not players dead and burnt out towards the end of the season.
Yeah could definitely do with a tie that allows us a bit of rotation that's for sure

RedDevilRoshi

I kind of want Sociedad to put things right.
I was saying that earlier to my brother that I wouldn’t mind playing them. Having said that, I wouldn’t mind them or any of those seven potential opponents.

Anyone in here know much about Union SG
2nd in the Belgian league currently. Only seen them play twice this season and that was against Rangers in the CL qualifiers very early in the season. Won the 1st leg convincingly at home but got hammered in the 2nd leg at Ibrox.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
What's the issue with that.
The travel?

We're 4 games away from a final? And by the looks of the teams we could face in the next round, we should be getting to the semi at least in my opinion.

Robbie Boy

Knowing our luck we'll get Bayern or Real even though they're not in the bloody competition.

Ramos

Anyone in here know much about Union SG
A Belgian team from Brussels with a rich history that were stuck in the lower divisions for decades. Until last season when they got promoted and immediately finished second. At the moment they're second again and very much in form. In Europe they got eliminated by Rangers in the CL and went on to top a group with Braga, Union Berlin and Malmö in the EL.

Their resurgence is in large part thanks to Brighton's owner Tony Bloom. Mitoma and Undav (now both back at Brighton) were two of their best players last year. They're better than people think they are and not the worst team of those 8 in my opinion, but of course they would still be a great draw for United.