Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Stops a goal so by the letter of the law the red card is correct. Ref should have used common sense though here and simply given the penalty without the card - it's entirely accidental and there's nothing the defender can do to avoid it

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Did VAR even check that tackle from the Monaco player? Studs to the shin :eek: Didn't even get a booking.

top1whoisman

Scout
Monaco - Leverkusen is what you would call heavy metal football. It's just that both bands are shite.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This has been a strong half from Leverkusen
Yes, they've shown a surprising amount of determination and urgency. On the other hand Monaco look pretty weak, with big holes in midfield.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Wirtz and Musiala are going to be a Gerrard-Lampard problem for Germany. Both immensely talented, definite future world class players, but play in the same position. Only situation I can think of is Musiala on the left ala Robert but Musiala prefers to play down the middle.

massi83

UEFA's instant highlight show would be amazing, if it didn't have spoilers.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Wirtz and Musiala are going to be a Gerrard-Lampard problem for Germany. Both immensely talented, definite future world class players, but play in the same position. Only situation I can think of is Musiala on the left ala Robert but Musiala prefers to play down the middle.
Ze germans are far more pragmatic - they won't try to fit them together if it doesn't work. Musiala plays and Wirtz better find a way to make it work or it's the bench for him

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'll worry about that when we get there. Germany never had an issue with Reus, Müller and Götze all favouring the same position either.

top1whoisman

Scout

Blackwidow

He might prefer that - but we see that at Bayern right now. Against packed defenses that just does not work as they do not even give him the space to dribble and act. When he has space (but usually that is later in the match after a lead) it is ok - but not before.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Should Ajax just send the reserves?

avgp_1

That was superb football. Combination between Wirtz and Palacios and then that finish

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Ze germans are far more pragmatic - they won't try to fit them together if it doesn't work. Musiala plays and Wirtz better find a way to make it work or it's the bench for him
Would be a shame if either don't play. Musiala has also been playing as a CM lately so could work like that, but would be really tough defensively.

I'll worry about that when we get there. Germany never had an issue with Reus, Müller and Götze all favouring the same position either.
Reus and Gotze have hardly had illustrious careers for Germany though, even when Gotze won us the WC he didn't have a great tournament. Also, Reus played as a LW for much of his peak at Dortmund, while Muller played RW mostly in the 2010's for Bayern. Not the same case as Musiala and Wirtz who both play down the center.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It was a beautiful pass from Wirtz and a clinical header from Adli, but what are Monaco thinking having their midfield line 2 meters in front of their box, with no one pressuring Wirtz?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Reus and Gotze have hardly had illustrious careers for Germany though, even when Gotze won us the WC he didn't have a great tournament. Also, Reus played as a LW for much of his peak at Dortmund, while Muller played RW mostly in the 2010's for Bayern. Not the same case as Musiala and Wirtz who both play down the center.
That was my point: both are at the very beginning of their careers, Wirtz already has an ACL injury to his name. What level and position they will settle on, how many tournaments they will get to play together remains to be seen. Two years ago Havertz was the golden boy and look where he is now.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Nübel is low key having a mare, isn't he? Was definitely at fault for Leverkusen's first. Was a bit too hopeless on Adli's header for my liking and Bakker's goal was another medium-sized blunder - even if it was ruled offside after the fact.

avgp_1

Nübel is low key having a mare, isn't he? Was definitely at fault for Leverkusen's first. Was a bit too hopeless on Adli's header for my liking and Bakker's goal was another medium-sized blunder - even if it was ruled offside after the fact.
Yeah he has had a poor game

top1whoisman

Scout
PSV get one back. Too little, too late. Sporting 3-0 up, Gonçalves with his second of the night.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Normal result. What was abnormal was drawing 1-1 at home.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If Diaby is at all able to play I think Leverkusen really need to bring him on. They seem to be beginning to crack.