Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

RedRocket9908

Good to see Sociedad on verge of elimination. Poxed lucky to win the group. Jose on the other hand will be going all out with Roma to win this competition now.
Dont write Sociadad off just yet as they are capable of turning a 2 goal defecit around back in San Sebastien, this is a Roma side that have already lost away to Salzburg this season in the Europa League and lost 2-1 at home against Real Betis.

always_hoping

Dont write Sociadad off just yet as they are capable of turning a 2 goal defecit around back in San Sebastien, this is a Roma side that have already lost away to Salzburg this season in the Europa League and lost 2-1 at home against Real Betis.
I'd be surprised if Jose losses a knock out tie when 2-0 ahead.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Would enjoy playing Arse in a Europa tie
I would fancy United's chances.

Back from the stadium. Entertaining match to watch, very poor defending by both teams.

Obviously Arsenal is a much better team than us, so it didn't need the help from the German POS ref. He must of gotten confused with Arsenal's red shirt and thought it was Bayern or something.

Zinchenko clearly grabbed our defender in the first goal and Pote was hit in the tackle in the second goal.

Then it's just bipolar Sporting as usual. Paulinho, an awful footballer misses a clear goal to give us the 3-1 lead and then we suffer a freakish own goal.

The second leg will be very hard without Coates and Morita but let's see how it goes. We actually played decently against Spurs away in the CL. Had plenty of chances to win. Unfortunately Arsenal is not Spurs.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Spanish football is trash.

Have to beg Real Madrid to save it, again

Forgot about sevilla EL black magic, still going strong it seems

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Spanish football is trash.

Have to beg Real Madrid to save it, again

Forgot about sevilla EL black magic, still going strong it seems
Yeah well, they won't be in EL next season, or any kind of european competition really.

Unless they win it, but this time they surely won't have the quality.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

Back from the stadium. Entertaining match to watch, very poor defending by both teams.

Obviously Arsenal is a much better team than us, so it didn't need the help from the German POS ref. He must of gotten confused with Arsenal's red shirt and thought it was Bayern or something.

Zinchenko clearly grabbed our defender in the first goal and Pote was hit in the tackle in the second goal.

Then it's just bipolar Sporting as usual. Paulinho, an awful footballer misses a clear goal to give us the 3-1 lead and then we suffer a freakish own goal.

The second leg will be very hard without Coates and Morita but let's see how it goes. We actually played decently against Spurs away in the CL. Had plenty of chances to win. Unfortunately Arsenal is not Spurs.
Was an entertaining game. Think Turner looked shaky with the ball and Kiwior looked like a lad making his debut and that indecisiveness seemed to filter through the rest of the team.

You guys done well to take advantage of that and pressed quite well. Was happy to come away with a draw at to take it back to the Emirates level. It certainly wasn't our finest performance, I don't really like our performances when we do a mix and match team.

Bwuk

If we manage to finish the job next week, which we really should do, I hope we get Roma or Juve.

Tbh - anyone bar Sevilla.

suheilsworld

Was seeing the highlight reels of all the games. How come foal for Freiburg Vs Juve was disallowed when it’s hit the hand of the player that assisted the goal and it stood when against us

bucky

You should have Ugarte back, right? Which was a big miss yesterday, as well.

always_hoping

For those that might be wondering.

The draw for the quarter-finals of the 2022/23 Europa League will take place in Nyon, Switzerland from 12:00 GMT on Friday 17 March.

UEFA is also set to hold the semi-final draw on Friday, meaning the eight remaining teams will be able to fully map out their potential path to the Budapest final, on Wednesday 31 May.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
We should by all means qualify for the quarter finals tonight seeing as Shakthar were absolutely dire last week and it's a substantial wonder we didnt beat them.

Making an EL quarter final after being in the CL final (hehe) last year is quite am achievement for a bunch of insignificant paupers like us.

Not jinxing it either, we're going through tonight.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Have no reason to cheer for Fener, but if there's any chance to get all these play-acting Spanish sides out of the competition - Hep Destek Tam Destek!

Juve seems to be progressing, 2-0 on the aggregate & Freiburg playing with 10 men.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Enjoying yourself, mate? One of my best friends is in de Kuip but still cautious.
Can't wait till my son is old enough to go with me on nights like this. Is he still cautious at 3-0? I was at 2-0, but it's over now.

Harsh pen if you ask me.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Can't wait till my son is old enough to go with me on nights like this. Is he still cautious at 3-0? I was at 2-0, but it's over now.

Harsh pen if you ask me.
His Whatsapp reply: "Zorya Luhansk was also 3-0 at half time. He has business seats there so he knows better than I do.

Edit: Ok, he's convinced as well. ! :D

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
JAAAAALALALAAAAALAAAALALALALALALALA JALAAALALALAA!

Oh wait, I am an Ajax supporter.