Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Another great example of going first in penalty shootout being a big advantage.

Red00012

:lol:
You described their penalties as “as well taken penalties as you’ll ever see”. No they weren’t. 5 well taken penalties as I’ll ever see are those that give the keeper no chance.
Ya some were poor penalties , ramsdale reminded me of DDG at times trying to save a penalty

Dan_F

Yep.

City pips them to the title on the final day, crushing their dreams.

They go on to lose a CL semi final to a crushing home defeat, Pep realizes that the Yaya Toure curse is a real thing and decides to quit after City gets charged and stripped of all the titles.

Pool sack Jurgen for failing to qualify for the CL.

Leaving us as the only contenders for next year, all the while we've won the Cup treble this year against Pep in the FA cup and Jose in the EL cup finals.
Far too many replies to my post to include them all, but City aren’t getting stripped of the titles.

I can’t say I’m massively bothered as Arsenal losing from here would be hilarious, but nah. I’m not having City to win the league over anyone, bar the obvious.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is the quarter finals the last draw and will decide the road to the final or is there one more?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Hope we get United honestly. We're not winning the whole thing anyway. Going out against Mourinho's turdball would be a nightmare.

sallycinnamin

Another great example of going first in penalty shootout being a big advantage.
Commentary I was watching totally skipped past till a few minutes later that their keeper/ captain won both coin tosses. Which end and first to take. Just knew then Sporting were winning it.

Putting all banter aside

Well with Arsenal and Barcelona gone - we must be considered huge favourites now. Not really sure who I prefer in the draw.

Sevilla are awful this season, Feyenoord have done really well - but they are still a Dutch side and are only leading in Holland because Ajax lost their entire team, and manager. A Belgian side hardly scares anyone. Leverkusen have also been really poor this season. Why so many consider Feyenoord a team they want to avoid is beyond me. I will take Feyenoord over Roma, Juventus and Sociedad any day of the week.

So I would say Feyenoord, Union Saint-Gilloise, Sevilla and Leverkusen are all good draws.

I would consider Juventus the toughest, followed by Sociedad, Roma and Sporting.
I think Feyenoord lost more players than Ajax last season. The team in which they reached the Conference League is unrecognizable from the one who is playing now with Reiss Nelson, Senesi, Sinisterra, Dessers, Til, Aursnes, Malacia and Toornstra. Still they're unbeaten in 20 matches across all competitions and are on pole position to win the Dutch league, which isn't that bad the last seasons (almost overtaking France in the UEFA coefficient).

They're doing something really good in Rotterdam, and this is not only due to the failures of Ajax.

Reactions: Cheimoon

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I think Feyenoord lost more players than Ajax last season. The team in which they reached the Conference League is unrecognizable from the one who is playing now with Reiss Nelson, Senesi, Sinisterra, Dessers, Til, Aursnes, Malacia and Toornstra. Still they're unbeaten in 20 matches across all competitions and are on pole position to win the Dutch league, which isn't that bad the last seasons (almost overtaking France in the UEFA coefficient).

They're doing something really good in Rotterdam, and this is not only due to the failures of Ajax.
We're doing very well, though Ajax under Schreuder this year went through their worst run of games since the 1960's (I think). We did indeed lose as many players as Ajax and, unlike Ajax, can't spend 100 million on a new squad, so that's really no excuse for Ajax to be this shite. Our confidence is high, but if United draw us they're massive favourites. Though we did beat Ten Hag 6-2 before :wenger:

Putting all banter aside

We're doing very well, though Ajax under Schreuder this year went through their worst run of games since the 1960's (I think). We did indeed lose as many players as Ajax and, unlike Ajax, can't spend 100 million on a new squad, so that's really no excuse for Ajax to be this shite. Our confidence is high, but if United draw us they're massive favourites. Though we did beat Ten Hag 6-2 before :wenger:
Just a class season. Lot of young players, lots of nationalities who fit in well, attacking football from behind, truly a joy to watch them.

I rather pick Union or Leverkusen than Feyenoord.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Just a class season. Lot of young players, lots of nationalities who fit in well, attacking football from behind, truly a joy to watch them.

I rather pick Union or Leverkusen than Feyenoord.
I would love to draw United really. Not because I think we'll win, but because I rather go out against a huge club than against Sporting or fecking Mourinho.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Well I just don't agree that it means nothing because they have unlimited resources. I understand the argument that it all feels a bit empty, but it doesn't feel like that when they thrash us almost every time we play.
And more interestingly, if United follow a similar fate, where would you stand then? Genuinely curious to know.
I've already been very clear on this board about how I'd feel if we were taken over by an oil state, and been consistent over the years.

Also, the fact it stings when you get spanked in the immediate aftermath doesn't contradict the fact that in the grand scheme of things, their titles are hollow. You may feel otherwise, you may feel they deserve to be where they are, you might not care about the concept of "deserving" to achieve things, that's your prerogative, but you don't have to be flippant about how other people feel about it.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
I hoped Arsenal would go through and we would face them twice but I'll take Feyenoord. Not because they're easy, far from it, but I may finally have an opportunity to watch us live in person if I can snag a ticket somewhere!

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
QF:

United vs USG
Leverkusen vs Feyenoord
Juventus vs Sevilla
Roma vs Sporting

SF:

United/USG vs Leverkusen/Feyenoord
Juventus/Sevilla vs Roma/Sporting

Please and thank you.