Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Out of the teams there, we've got the harder draw but we've had a fair share of luck in the domestic cups and I don't think we should fear any team left in the EL.

We play the Sevilla of 2023 and that's a nice draw.
Potentially, Juventus won't be easy but second leg at home has the feel of a great European night at Old Trafford.

Most likely Roma in the final if we get there, won't be easy but only because of Jose. He'll do everything in his power to beat us. But I'd be confident if we can get there.

As Europa League runs go, this is as hard as it gets. But anyone facing us thinks the same. This is a great chance for a trophy and some exciting games ahead as well.
If you put yourself as a Sporting fan then I think you would say you have the hardest draw

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Casemiro and Bruno being one game away from suspension will be is something Sevilla players will try and probably succeed to take advantage.
Just be very careful against Acuna.

SER19

yay. more spanish diving, cheating, ref following and timewasting.

Pintu

Juventus somehow manages to grind out wins against the bottom half of Serie A... But they've been very poor in games against the top sides of Italy... They lost 3-0 to Milan and 5-1 to Napoli... Recently lost to Roma as well... It has been a constant since Allegri's come back. Horrendous win percentage in those games, and never beat a serious team in the CL (only Chelsea that once)... This year even worse, 1 win in 6 CL games. I think ETH would destroy him over 2 legs.

GregM40

Of course we got Sevilla. They aren't looking very good at all this season which is a bonus. We have a realistic chance of going all the way here, although a semi vs Juventus would be very tricky.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Disrespect your club gets here is astonishing. Everyone talking about Juventus like its a foregone conclusion.
We are about the second club with more UEFA cup/ Europa League matches but I think Juventus will be too much for us. They have a very strong and experienced team. One can dream though.

kouroux

This is what I'm saying!!

Everyone like "sEvIlA aRe 13tH iN lA lIgA!", and, "wRsE tHn bEtIs lOl"

That means nothing to Sevilla! Nothing!!! This is the Europa League. Their plot armor for this competition is as strong as Real in the CL. They could be playing in the Segunda division and still notch a Europa League trophy. Cnuts.
Calm yourself, Sevilla has never won the EL in a season where they didn't finish 5th at worst.
They are not close to any of those winning teams

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Coward Martinez calls up Ronaldo. Disappointing. We need a new cycle.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
If you put yourself as a Sporting fan then I think you would say you have the hardest draw
I'm not comparing teams, I'm saying as a United fan that draw is as hard as it could probably be. Out of the teams left, as a United fan, you would've liked to avoid Juve, Roma and Sevilla. We probably face all 3 if we want to win.

But they would've wanted to avoid us as well.

Bertie Wooster

Another frustratingly tough draw. Actually, make that frustratingly tough two draws.

ETH and the squad are doing fantastic this season, but they're seemingly having everything thrown at them to make it as difficult as possible including tough draws (yeah, I know we get home draws in FA Cup which gets highlighted, but mostly against PL opposition - which never gets pointed out).

I was really hoping for the easiest route possible to help deal with all the fixture congestion, injuries, etc - instead it's going to probably be Sevilla - Juventus - Roma. As hard as we could have got.

It's still doable of course, but it's certainly doing it the hard way which, in turn, has potential impacts on our PL and FA Cup matches.

kouroux

I'm not comparing teams, I'm saying as a United fan that draw is as hard as it could probably be. Out of the teams left, as a United fan, you would've liked to avoid Juve, Roma and Sevilla. We probably face all 3 if we want to win.

But they would've wanted to avoid us as well.
I get you and I agree

Jezpeza

I’ve never believed in luck of the draw. If we arent good enough to beat these teams over 2 legs then we arent good enough to win the competition.

however, whats happened to the Europa League? A few years ago it seemed you played timbuktu, lidl and mansfield under 10’s on the way to some B list teams in the finals whereas now its got the likes of us, Arsenal, Barcelona, Juventus going into the knockout rounds?

gorky_utd

I’ve never believed in luck of the draw. If we arent good enough to beat these teams over 2 legs then we arent good enough to win the competition.

however, whats happened to the Europa League? A few years ago it seemed you played timbuktu, lidl and mansfield under 10’s on the way to some B list teams in the finals whereas now its got the likes of us, Arsenal, Barcelona, Juventus going into the knockout rounds?
Maybe the winner gets cl place. So that is an extra incentive.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Tough tough draw. I think they will be pretty hard to beat, but to be honest, we have to beat these guys to exorcize the semi final we lost 3 years ago + the final we lost against Villareal.

Also facing Juve in semi final would be absolutely hard, knowing their number 10 will play his only game of the season and will be unplayable...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This is what I'm saying!!

Everyone like "sEvIlA aRe 13tH iN lA lIgA!", and, "wRsE tHn bEtIs lOl"

That means nothing to Sevilla! Nothing!!! This is the Europa League. Their plot armor for this competition is as strong as Real in the CL. They could be playing in the Segunda division and still notch a Europa League trophy. Cnuts.
It's true and plot armor got them here(they were second best in both previous ties) but they might genuinely be too weak for it to matter this time

kouroux

Tough tough draw. I think they will be pretty hard to beat, but to be honest, we have to beat these guys to exorcize the semi final we lost 3 years ago + the final we lost against Villareal.

Also facing Juve in semi final would be absolutely hard, knowing their number 10 will play his only game of the season and will be unplayable...
If he ever gets fit by then. He re-injured himself

Eric_the_Red99

We can obviously beat Sevilla easily, but it’s a hassle having to deal with yet more Spanish cheating and another bent ref - the two things do seem to go hand in hand :rolleyes:

Anduin

Can't think of anything worse than losing to Maureen in the final of this
I think we'd beat Roma easily, but they'd probably built a fecking shrine of him if he would manage another European trophy for Roma in the space of a couple of seasons. Nah, no chance, we'd beat them.