Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
You just know our 'prize' for getting top 4 will be to draw these cnuts.
Actually would love it. What easier team would we get from pot 1?

We were on the edge of smashing them and a bit like Madrid with City last year, I believe they won't get away with it two years in a row.

GlasgowCeltic

forgot Navas played for City, was thinking he must be by far the most successful player in this comp

PoTMS

Winning the EL was juventus best shot of CL next season
No, it isn't (unless you know something I don't and their 15 point deduction is going to be reinstated). They're 8 points ahead of 5th place with 3 games left.

BorisManUtd

Actually would love it. What easier team would we get from pot 1?

We were on the edge of smashing them and a bit like Madrid with City last year, I believe they won't get away with it two years in a row.
We missed few sitters in 2020 semis as well and lost that game in the end.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
They're getting docked however many points needed to bumo them off top 4
Based on what? They got given 15 initially and even the prosecution agreed that's too harsh.

I'd expect them to be given max 9 points deduction and they're 8 ahead of Milan in 4th with 3 games to go.

They can definitely get there.

JuveGER

Supports
Juventus
No, it isn't (unless you know something I don't and their 15 point deduction is going to be reinstated). They're 8 points ahead of 5th place with 3 games left.
It‘s pretty much guaranteed that we will get another point deduction, but fewer than 15 points. We will probably have to extend our lead to be sure. But I think it’s more likely that we beat Milan in the league to extend our lead than winning a European final

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Shoutout to ex United guy, Matic.

Another monstrous performance in a clutch game.

Amazing playacting, defending, physicality.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Based on what? They got given 15 initially and even the prosecution agreed that's too harsh.

I'd expect them to be given max 9 points deduction and they're 8 ahead of Milan in 4th with 3 games to go.

They can definitely get there.
FIGC(and UEFA) are gonna want to avoid sending a team that was penalized for cooking the books, and has another trial coming up later in the year, also for cooking the books, in the CL

Pintu

Who is going to tell him? :lol:
I caught a few minutes of this on a German stream as Zalewski was faking an injury, and rolling back into the field to waste time (H. Kane style)... The commentator went like "21 Jahre alt, schnell gelernt..." (21 years old, He learned quickly...) Must be extremely frustrating for the opposition... I'd like to know how much effective time was played of that second half.

Antarion

What a shithousery final. Both teams will be on the floor and the medic teams will have more kilometres than the players.

AFC NimbleThumb

Yep, and we are not one of the best teams right now which is why that schedule was too much for us and something had to give.
We were 2-0 up, I’m not excusing that shower with the schedule. We’ve crashed out of Europe & shown no improvement, so something hasn’t ‘given’ to make us better.

It’s the Europa League, an FA Cup run littered with home draws & Top4 - you don’t need to be the best to achieve that.

People bend over backwards to make excuses for this squad. Schedule was far from ideal but we’re not asking them to chase the treble.
Need more strength in depth next season to allow more rotation especially in the domestic cups. Big transfer window ahead this summer.
Trouble is we’ll only be buying so many players, the majority of the squad will be made up of this & past years contingent so I don’t expect much improvement to be honest.

We’ve seen exactly who the vast majority of these players are in key moments so it’s time we acknowledge that.

Amir

People bend over backwards to make excuses for this squad. Schedule was far from ideal but we’re not asking them to chase the treble.
No, but we were asking them to play twice a week for months, with our first team and squad lacking quality and depth. There's just a limit to what they could do. We weren't asking them to chase THE treble, but we were asking them to play in the league and chase a cup treble.

We dug our own hole in the Europa League, but that's the sort of thing that can happen when you are playing in several cup competitions and can't allow yourself many mistakes. We didn't improve after that defeat in Sevilla because the team was pretty much done. The schedule being lighter than it might have been after that was not some sort of miracle cure after months of being overworked.

always_hoping

We were 2-0 up, I’m not excusing that shower with the schedule. We’ve crashed out of Europe & shown no improvement, so something hasn’t ‘given’ to make us better.

It’s the Europa League, an FA Cup run littered with home draws & Top4 - you don’t need to be the best to achieve that.

Trouble is we’ll only be buying so many players, the majority of the squad will be made up of this & past years contingent so I don’t expect much improvement to be honest.

We’ve seen exactly who the vast majority of these players are in key moments so it’s time we acknowledge that.
Even 3 or 4 decent quality squad additions would make a world of difference. Should be a busy summer ahead as a lot of dead wood still needs to be shipped out.

ti vu

Two teams known for shithousery and pragmatic football in the final. Normally this should be the game to skip for the neutral fan if not for it being final. Genuine can't have lower expectation for the football on display.

IRN-BRUno

Final is tomorrow.

Referee: Anthony Taylor
4th official: Michael Oliver
VAR: Stuart Attwell

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Don't those Polish lads and Sevilla have some running feud?

Remember them clashing in Manchester a while back.

90 + 5min

Roma will get my vote tonight. Mourinho is Mourinho. I would be happy for him if Roma wins.

RoyH1

SPQR. About time these Sevilla bastards let someone else win this trophy

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Don't think it will be an entertaining match. I expect Roma to park the bus and Sevilla with the ball but not being able to creat many chances..
My prediction: 1-0 Sevilla

AaronRedDevil

A bit annoying seeing Sevilla in the final. They really don't deserve to be there. Hopefully their luck has run out.