Europa League - 30/9/2010

WireRed

Milner looks so terrible it's almost unkind.
Was shocking on Saturday aswell, looked out of his depth but it was swept under the carpet and even somehow portrayed as him giving Ivanovic a "hard time". Being English doesn't half buy you some kind press these days, not to mention a ludicrously inflated transfer fee and salary :rolleyes:

Sw33t

"He does look smarter with a hair cut though, doesn't he?"

"Ahhh yeah! Smart haircut that!"

Thrilling.

MUFCgal

You only liked it because you flicked your bean over Stone Cold's manly body.
Aw Spammy, you've given my secret away :D

Seriously, it was a good kick ass movie. I saw it for the first time in Detroit on the opening night and I ended up rooting for Vinnie Jones by the end of the movie.

Sw33t

Final scores:

AA Gent 1-1 Lille - FT
Atletico Madrid 1-1 Bayer Leverkusen - FT
BATE Borisov 4-1 AZ Alkmaar - FT
Borussia Dortmund 0-1 Sevilla - FT
CSKA Moscow 3-0 Sparta Prague - FT
CSKA Sofia 0-1 FC Porto - FT
FC Metalist Kharkiv 0-2 PSV Eindhoven - FT
FC Sheriff Tiraspol 2-0 Dynamo Kiev - FT
FC Utrecht 0-0 Liverpool - FT
Hajduk Split 1-0 Anderlecht - FT
Lech Poznan 2-0 SV Salzburg - FT
Man City 1-1 Juventus - FT
Odense BK 1-2 VfB Stuttgart - FT
Palermo 1-0 Lausanne Sports - FT
PAOK Salonika 1-0 Dinamo Zagreb - FT
Paris SG 2-0 Karpaty Lviv - FT
Rapid Vienna 1-2 Besiktas - FT
Rosenborg 2-1 Aris Salonika - FT
Sampdoria 1-0 Debrecen - FT
Sporting 5-0 Levski Sofia - FT
Steaua Bucharest 3-3 Napoli - FT
Villarreal 2-1 Club Bruges - FT
Young Boys 2-0 Getafe - FT
Zenit St P'sbg 4-2 AEK Athens - FT

AgainstAllOdds

I didn't play City because I knew it would be a tough game. Many people bet on City to easily win because of Juve's bad start, but the Ol' Lady always performs when it matters :)

I bet on Roma (Tue), CSKA Moscow, Sampdoria, Zenit, Paris, Villareal, Sporting, £25 FREE BET for a £286 return.

I wanted to play BATE too but wasn't sure as I remember Alkmaar being quite good last year.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Firstly Liverpool have become so insignificant that I didn't even know they were playing tonight till I logged on here.

Secondly. 0-0. :lol::lol:

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Why is Meireles playing on the right wing? :houllier:
Is he really? :houllier:

By the way, is he playing regularly on the Premier League? Anyone knows if he's permorming well? Our press doesn't update us on him as they do with other players (Bebe for example).

phelans shorts

By the way, is he playing regularly on the Premier League? Anyone knows if he's permorming well? Our press doesn't update us on him as they do with other players (Bebe for example).
Don't know about weekend but against us he was their standout player, today he was completely wasted on the wing.

x42bn6

He's been one of Liverpool's best players so far (which isn't saying much) barring perhaps Reina. However, the fact that Poulsen (utter dogshite :D) can force him to play wide is ridiculous.

Hodgson was also quizzed on Meireles playing on the right.

He said: "We don't play with wingers. The way he plays and the way Joe Cole plays, we think (playing wide midfield) is more than suited to their qualities.

"We saw evidence of that in the game because they often got into situations where they received and turned with the ball - especially in the first half. I think we can get some use from Raul Meireles there with his passing ability."
Roy reacts to Utrecht draw - Liverpool FC

Out wide! :lol: A club that once had Steve McManaman and John Barnes as wingers now sticks Raul Meireles on the right while Poulsen does his "creative" work through the middle (aided by the keen-eye-for-a-sideways-pass Lucas). Car crash football, really...

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
He played here for 5 years and never once was deployed on a wing, that's ridiculous. Sometimes he appeared on the left, helping the left winger, but never did anything impressive from there.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
He's been one of Liverpool's best players so far (which isn't saying much) barring perhaps Reina. However, the fact that Poulsen (utter dogshite :D) can force him to play wide is ridiculous.

Roy reacts to Utrecht draw - Liverpool FC

Out wide! :lol: A club that once had Steve McManaman and John Barnes as wingers now sticks Raul Meireles on the right while Poulsen does his "creative" work through the middle (aided by the keen-eye-for-a-sideways-pass Lucas). Car crash football, really...
The man is an overrated jackass

Sam.G

Hodgon is even worse than Benitez, and that's saying something.
Despite the rubbish spouted on here, Benitez is a very good manager. Hodgson is not in his class. Never has been and never will be.

That's not to say the time wasn't right for Benitez to leave Liverpool, which it was in my view.

That was rubbish from Liverpool again last night. Rubbish tactics, odd formation and no spark with players out of form. Roy has a difficult enough task as it is without making things eminently more difficult for himself by picking Poulsen and Lucas in central midfield.

x42bn6

Maybe I'm thinking too much about Liverpool but I had a thought last night that Woy could be trying to get Liverpool to play similar to Dunga's Brazil - with Meireles playing in Ramires's box-to-box role with a right-sided bias (with Johnson in Maicon's role - aggressively overlapping providing the extra man), and Joe Cole in Kaká's role - providing the creativity through the middle with a left-sided bias, with a left-back supporting him. There is of course the flaw that personnel-wise Liverpool are nowhere near Brazil and Poulsen is utter shite - at least Felipe Melo somewhat raised his game for Brazil.