Europa League / Conference League 23/24

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ajax should hope Villa rests some players to focus on the league. They'll be brutalized otherwise.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
West Ham / Freiburg and Leverkusen / Qarabag already played each other in the group stages. This has to be the most disappointing/boring possible draw for these teams.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Yesterday at least shows how much Norwegian football has improved. Bodø/Glimt should have beaten Ajax by 6-7-8 goals over 2 legs. Yesterday they were robbed of a penalty, got a player wrongly sent off, hit the woodwork 3 times, had a player channelling his inner Torres and missing an open goal after rounding the goalkeeper - and Ajax cleared the ball off the line 3 times. If there was an XG yesterday - it would probably end as 5.0 for BG and 0.2 for Ajax - and Ajax won 2-1 :)

And then Molde went to Poland and destroyed Legia with 3-0. At home they also went 3-0 up after 25 minutes, but in that game Legia fought back to 2-3. So 6-2 on aggregate. Add to that - Brann last season first beat a team from Portugal before going out on penalties to AZ
This post shows that Norwegian fans haven't improved and are still small minded. They weren't robbed of a penalty and the two yellows were correct and you also didn't mention that Ajax' red card was a very light one.

massi83

Yesterday at least shows how much Norwegian football has improved. Bodø/Glimt should have beaten Ajax by 6-7-8 goals over 2 legs. Yesterday they were robbed of a penalty, got a player wrongly sent off, hit the woodwork 3 times, had a player channelling his inner Torres and missing an open goal after rounding the goalkeeper - and Ajax cleared the ball off the line 3 times. If there was an XG yesterday - it would probably end as 5.0 for BG and 0.2 for Ajax - and Ajax won 2-1 :)

And then Molde went to Poland and destroyed Legia with 3-0. At home they also went 3-0 up after 25 minutes, but in that game Legia fought back to 2-3. So 6-2 on aggregate. Add to that - Brann last season first beat a team from Portugal before going out on penalties to AZ
Both of these were correct decisions.

always_hoping

Europa league a case of who plays and loses to Liverpool in the final.

Conference league Emery should be adding another European trophy to his CV.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Europa league a case of who plays and loses to Liverpool in the final.
Probably German bias, but it feels more like "who stops Leverkusen from winning a treble". Hope those two teams play the final, should be awesome.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This post shows that Norwegian fans haven't improved and are still small minded. They weren't robbed of a penalty and the two yellows were correct and you also didn't mention that Ajax' red card was a very light one.
Norway is the new Netherlands. And we're the new, well, judging by last night, still Netherlands :(

Last edited:

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam

I wouldn't really put any value to outclassing Ajax.. That holds for the larger part of the Eredivisie currently... Ajax will get absolutely smashed by Aston Villa no doubt..

The only player I really liked from Bodo was Patrick Berg though.. Great player with great level of attitude and maturity in his game, much unlike spoiled children such as Gronbaek, Evjen and Saultness for example..

PSV

The sad part about Bodø/Glimt messing up is that Molde now probably needs to step up or Norway lose that 2nd CL spot for the 25/26 season.

Either need Molde to get past Brugge (with at least a win and a draw) or the two Maccabi teams to both get eliminated (by Olympiacos/Fiorentina) in the Ro16.

GwilDor

Anyone have an overview of how the coefficient thingy is developing with regards to which countries get extra spots in CL next year. Think Italy and Germany used to be above England, but very little between the three.
Wondering if WH/Freiburg and Brighton/Roma might be decisive for that coefficient?

PSV

Anyone have an overview of how the coefficient thingy is developing with regards to which countries get extra spots in CL next year. Think Italy and Germany used to be above England, but very little between the three.
Wondering if WH/Freiburg and Brighton/Roma might be decisive for that coefficient?
https://kassiesa.net/uefa/data/method5/ccoef2024.html

Here's the "leaderboards". Currently Italy/Germany. Too many teams still involved to give out ifs and buts. With no teams out Italy are looking very strong though.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Italy way out in front and still with all 7 teams left.

England should top the ranking by the end, but i don't see germany, spain or france catching italy from here

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Aston Villa get Ajax in the conference.
Thats a tricky tie for Villa this stage in the Conference but they should do it. We need most of these EPL clubs (except Liverpool) to get good results as we will need that 5th place to be CL this season.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Thats a tricky tie for Villa this stage in the Conference but they should do it. We need most of these EPL clubs (except Liverpool) to get good results as we will need that 5th place to be CL this season.
Tricky? Have you seen Ajax this season?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Watching the sporting and Atalanta game. Sporting with a beautiful team goal. They play out so well. Amorim is gonna be eyed up in the summer. Highly rated coach.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Watching the sporting and Atalanta game. Sporting with a beautiful team goal. They play out so well. Amorim is gonna be eyed up in the summer. Highly rated coach.
Been traveling so haven't seen the game but italian radio commentary made it seem like Atalanta should be winning 35-3 or something

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Yes Atalanta much superior than Sporting today, they did hit three posts and overall created more chances but just couldn't finish.
SCP should be good enough to give troubles to Atalanta in the next game anyway so the tie is still quite even.

Hester_manc

City can win easy over Copenhagen with only half of their best line-up. But we could not finish above them in the group. We are so poor.

DJ_21

Been traveling so haven't seen the game but italian radio commentary made it seem like Atalanta should be winning 35-3 or something
The hit the post a few times. Sporting started of the better team but dropped of when they went in front. Doesn’t make me change my opinion of there manager though.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Lukaku with the first chance of the game, good save. That points to Brighton being good

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Amd now Brighton off the post(deflected cross)

Dybala scores after VAR check. 1-0 Roma. Great start to the game

Last edited:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yes Atalanta much superior than Sporting today, they did hit three posts and overall created more chances but just couldn't finish.
SCP should be good enough to give troubles to Atalanta in the next game anyway so the tie is still quite even.
Atalanta was superior no doubt. I'm happy with the result. We are suffering with injuries to crucial players like our goalkeeper Adan, our best defender Inácio and our best creative midfielder Pote. The players are visibly tired since we have been playing from 3 to 3 days and our squad is short. I think our manager is prioritizing the league and domestic cups, that's why he benched Gyokeres and Hjulmand. I agree with his decision. Atalanta is favorite since they appear fresher, will decide at home and our manager will rotate the team again. Doubt we will play at full strength. I prefer we focus in our league since I don't think we are strong enough to do a real run at the cup.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ah, that explains it. The group games, despite the results, had given a pretty strong impression that Sporting were the better team, so I expected them to win this tie

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Weren't some Roma fans involved in some similar stuff a few years ago in a European Cup situation? Correct me if I'm wrong.
This was a mugging, not fans violence though

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
I fecking love Macca.
Hope Dybala stays injury free for long.

PD: Sparta just missed an extremely clear chance, specially in the rebound

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Sparta are so shit. Must be one of those shit teams from the CL.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Verditct is in, Brighton are crap

DJ_21

De Rossi has turned Roma around. In some really good form right now

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
Timing is everuthing in life...
Bayer, Liverpool, Roma and Brighton (not that much for today till now)...really play better than many teams nowadays in CLs. This year the Semis can end quite great in terms of the level of the teams playing

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
What a goal from Donkey Nunez. Fantastic technique and finish.

Sylar

I want to say unless Liverpool get some string of injuries, they should win, but they will probably still win this tournament even with injuries

doomy20

Liverpool is hungry, direct and good. They are aiming for 4 titles this season for sure