Europa League / Europa Conference League 2021/22

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Feyenoord play better stuff than us.
Wait, you expect Feyenoord and their midgets like Linssen and Malacia to pump it into a box with Smalling, Ibanez and Mancini?
There's nothing wrong with using corner variations and Feyenoord have been doing it all season with moderate succes.

I think you're being a little harsh here. Roma bought a CF for 40 million euros. Feyenoord are struggling to pay 4 million for theirs. Let's not pretend they lost because of their football (like people often do with Ajax as well). Feyenoord lack quality and don't have the budget to fix it.
36 yr old Van Persie would have won us todays game. We lack that extra bit of quality is all. Thats all Slot needs to challenge.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Proud of the boys, from Dick Advocat football to ECL final in a year, we are surely on the right track.

ti vu

I'm glad they won, but without reading all passed messages, what I wanted to post but site down, what was problem between 2 roma players at end, I think #23 and #4
Nobody really know at the moment. He seems to have some kind of issue with his teammates, and they were taunting him, or something.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
36 yr old Van Persie would have won us todays game. We lack that extra bit of quality is all. Thats all Slot needs to challenge.
Van Persie is the best academy player you've had in my lifetime. Feyenoord is in debt and the stadium revenue over the next 5 years will go towards buying your stadium back from the bank you gave it to as collateral in order to finance the planning of a new stadium that was cancelled.

You not only need that "extra bit of quality", but also adequately replace outgoings. Reliable reports say you're looking to sell Malacia and Senesi and the latter has 1 year left with a sell on clause to his former club. 3 of your starters today are loan players. Slot has already confirmed the club won't be able to spend reinvest 100% of the funds received from outgoings.

The Feyenoord U21s is way behind Ajax's and PSV's. Your big talents are in the U17s (like Holland U17 captain Mike Kleijn for example) and they'd need to stick around for the club to benefit from, rather than doing an Ake or a Chong.

always_hoping

Maybe we should scrub the Cup Winners Cup off our list of achievements ?

Christ on a Pony
The Cup winners cup carried a lot more value and interest among the supporters and neutrals watching.
Bring one post in this thread that says this is a big trophy. I'm waiting.

Unless you bring something like that, then your posts have been pointless.
The winning manager held up five fingers for all the crowd and cameras to see so he must see it as a big trophy.

el3mel

The winning manager held up five fingers for all the crowd and cameras to see so he must see it as a big trophy.
I said bring a post from thread that says this is a big trophy. I think I'm pretty clear here.

And Mourinho was referencing his record in European final, that has nothing to do with its size as a trophy.

autte

Supports
Poggibonsi
Tonight's game was a difficult one 'cause we played the same starting XI with barely any rotations for months and came into this match looking tired from the start (couldn't make three passes in a row for the majority of the second half), while Feyenoord were in a good form lately.

fergosaurus

Nobody really know at the moment. He seems to have some kind of issue with his teammates, and they were taunting him, or something.

Wtf is that about? Looks like he has some serious anger issues.

always_hoping

I said bring a post from thread that says this is a big trophy. I think I'm pretty clear here.

And Mourinho was referencing his record in European final, that has nothing to do with its size as a trophy.
Trying to ignore the manner at how he celebrated that win tonight? It was a reference of look at me aren't i great.

el3mel

Trying to ignore the manner at how he celebrated that win tonight? It was a reference of look at me aren't i great.
How dare they celebrate winning a trophy ? Teams should only celebrate winning league and CL from now on.

With this kind of arrogance you will think that we are supporting a team who wins a league title once every 2 years, and not that we can't even win the league cup for the last 5 years, and then have the audacity to mock Mourinho or Roma fans for celebrating winning a trophy.

Celebrating a trophy has nothing to do with it being big or not. This is a trophy for a club who has won nothing for 15 years. It means a lot to their fans, as it is obvious from their celebrations.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Jose’s words after winning the European Conference league:

“Of course I feel like a Romanista, but that might be my way of working. I am a Porto fan, an Inter fan, a Chelsea fan, I am crazy about Real Madrid, I am now a Roma fan. I belong to all those clubs because we had these moments together."

no mention of United
guess we parted ways on sour terms

Xanther

“Of course I feel like a Romanista, but that might be my way of working. I am a Porto fan, an Inter fan, a Chelsea fan, I am crazy about Real Madrid, I am now a Roma fan. I belong to all those clubs because we had these moments together."

no mention of United
Hmmm he did memorable things at those clubs though, he's a legend at all of them (apart from maybe Madrid).

Paul_Scholes18

no mention of United
Yeah he is upset about failing with us. He got fired at Chelsea, but had won league titles.

always_hoping

How dare they celebrate winning a trophy ? Teams should only celebrate winning league and CL from now on.

With this kind of arrogance you will think that we are supporting a team who wins a league title once every 2 years, and not that we can't even win the league cup for the last 5 years, and then have the audacity to mock Mourinho or Roma fans for celebrating winning a trophy.

Celebrating a trophy has nothing to do with it being big or not. This is a trophy for a club who has won nothing for 15 years. It means a lot to their fans, as it is obvious from their celebrations.
I have no problem with a club celebrating this 3rd tier trophy especially a team that hasn't won much. Mourinho on the other hand should be a bit more reserved than trying to pretend that he won another CL title against the odds. However that's not Jose and it's always about him.

RedDevil@84

I have no problem with a club celebrating this 3rd tier trophy especially a team that hasn't won much. Mourinho on the other hand should be a bit more reserved than trying to pretend that he won another CL title against the odds. However that's not Jose and it's always about him.
What is this new nonsense about how much a coach that win a cup should celebrate? Half a smile, full smile, laugh, fist pump, two fist pumps??
Some people just hate/dislike Jose so much that anything he does seems wrong.

He won a cup and the club he is a coach of has won European competition in the inagural year. Celebrations are expected.

Kaushal

As much as I don’t like Mourinho I have no issues with him celebrating like that. Why it’s even bothering you so much ? He won the first UECL which is also the first European trophy for Roma. It definitely means so much to them. They are happy, the fans are happy whilst you, who shouldn’t invest himself that much into their celebrations, just cry more.

Here is some more emotive post match Mourinho to boil your piss

Last edited:

frostbite

I know you asked something else, but BBC says it is a *major* European trophy. Which is true.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61588209

Jose Mourinho has enjoyed greater achievements in his glittering managerial career, but Roma's Europa Conference League triumph reduced him to tears after the 'Special One' delivered the Italian club their first major European trophy.

Europe's third-tier club competition has been derided in some quarters, but for Mourinho the win over Feyenoord was every bit as important as his two Champions Leagues triumphs with Porto in 2004 and Inter Milan in 2010.

Mourinho becomes the first manager to win all three major European competitions after making it five wins in five European finals.

always_hoping

As much as I don’t like Mourinho I have no issues with him celebrating like that. Why it’s even bothering you so much ? He won the first UECL which is also the first European trophy for Roma. It definitely means so much to them. They are happy, the fans are happy whilst you, who shouldn’t invest himself that much into their celebrations, just cry more.

Here is some more emotive post match Mourinho to boil your piss
Thanks for that, very much proves my point. Typical Jose pure pantomime stuff.

el3mel

I know you asked something else, but BBC says it is a *major* European trophy. Which is true.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61588209

Jose Mourinho has enjoyed greater achievements in his glittering managerial career, but Roma's Europa Conference League triumph reduced him to tears after the 'Special One' delivered the Italian club their first major European trophy.

Europe's third-tier club competition has been derided in some quarters, but for Mourinho the win over Feyenoord was every bit as important as his two Champions Leagues triumphs with Porto in 2004 and Inter Milan in 2010.

Mourinho becomes the first manager to win all three major European competitions after making it five wins in five European finals.
Major means it's not a one off match like Super Cup, but a full tournament.

ti vu

Still baffled at why Juventus sold Spinazzola in an Italian style deal with As Roma, to earn less than 10mil. This guy has always been through the youth level, and on loan.

Not even at his best, and when he came on, unless when he pressed high, and the back 3 was isolated, Feyenoord right wing was shut down whenever they're in his defensive zone. Very complete wing back technically and tactically. Better than Alex Sandro nowadays IMO. And being right footed, he can probably play on right wing with no issue.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Speaking of Spinazzola, he might actually end up on the market i think, given Mou discovered Zalewski and he's been basically their best player since he was converted to LWB

Good win for Roma and finally a european trophy for italian football after 12 years. Happy for Mou, Roma seems to be the right club for him right now. Think they might challenge for top 4 next season if they can keep the key players. Would likely take one of Milan or Inter or Napoli to take a step back, but they weren't far off this season either so..

ti vu

Speaking of Spinazzola, he might actually end up on the market i think, given Mou discovered Zalewski and he's been basically their best player since he was converted to LWB
If there is a chance, he would be my must buy if I am a decision maker at a club with money. His big injury can be used to drive a bargain now, with potential great return if he can fully recover.

I doubt he's available for sale. If there is a chance Zalewski can stake a claim for the wing back position, either him or Spinazzola can be moved to the right wing back position. Karsdorp is not starting material if AS Roma want to reestablish themselves as CL regular. Zalewski is kinda both footer, and Spinazzola is right footer. It makes more sense than to sell and go back into the market for unknown quality RWB.

Last edited: