Europa League / Europa Conference League 2021/22

always_hoping

Why? It's actually fun for clubs who cant compensate being shite by spending half a billion on players.
UEFA have decided to introduce a 3rd European competition, no problem with that but in my view they should have brought back the cup winners cup before a conference league.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Did his Achilles at the Euro’s didn’t he but seems to be back now.
There's some decent options out there. Spinazzola, Malacia, Hernandez. Will be interesting to see if we even go for one or if we just pray for Shaw to stay fit.
Both of these 2 tonight I'd take in a heartbeat over Telles.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
We're going to meet Roma & Mourinho in the Europa League next season aren't we?
And he's going to smoke Ten Hag and take digs at Ten Hag's philosophy in the post match pressers. It's written in the stars really!

Deery

Dreary
There's some decent options out there. Spinazzola, Malacia, Hernandez. Will be interesting to see if we even go for one or if we just pray for Shaw to stay fit.
They’d definitely be an improvement.

AndyMUFC

Say what you want about Mourinho, he's knows how to win a trophy. That final completely played into his hands.

Brophs

The One and Only
Bit of a cnut move by the director to cut away just as that bloke on the crutch was about to stack it while climbing the podium.

theatreofdreams777

Well done to Smalling & Mourinho. They deserved that after getting unfair treatment at United. How many players now is it who left us in the last 3-4 years & won a title elsewhere?

Also, selling Smalling for 10m & replacing him with a much inferior player like Maguire for a world record fee must be the worst decision in the history of football.

Ludens the Red

UEFA have decided to introduce a 3rd European competition, no problem with that but in my view they should have brought back the cup winners cup before a conference league.
It can’t work in modern day football. All the cup winners already qualify for the champions league and Europa league by their league positions.

Smithy89

How is it a waste? Roma players and fans are absolutely thrilled and Feynoord devestated.
Weird comment from him, it's like saying FA trophy or some other lower league cup is pointless because it doesn't affect his club. Although it nearly did this season :lol:

VanDeBank

Ma’am

Is that why they hate him in Netherlands ? :lol:
His football is kinda the antithesis of the Cruyfian Dutch/Spanish school. Easy to hate for a lot of Dutch football fans.

Personally I respect his ability to win trophies. I just don't want him at my club boring me to death.

led_scholes

But how can they do it? Most of the times cup winners (and finalists) are also qualifying for CL, so who gets the spot? The semi finalists of the cup on a decider between them? In the past when only one team was qualifying for the CL it was easy, but now you have to completely reform everything.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
What a waste of a competition. It should be scrapped
I'm sure Spurs would have been happy to lift that cup. As it is, Spurs now remain the only club where Mourinho failed to win any silverware in his entire career since his first managerial success.

Smithy89

50k Roma fans in the olimpico tonight, try telling them this is a pointless trophy.