Europa League QFs | Lyon, Celta, Ajax & United through to semis

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
They're not yet. It's a suspended ban, so if there's similar infractions in the next 2 years, the ban will be applied.
So we want Besiktas to win and avoid them next round hoping they get to the final. They'll sure take care of the trouble.

Feck it, let's win the darned thing.

My only concern about tonight is Herrera's yellow.

TheReligion

Abusive
Just got around to watching Ajax v Schalke, wow:eek:.

What a performance from an Ajax team with an average age of 22. I dream of a day we'll see that style of football played at Old Trafford.

That's what football should be about for me, great to see the work done by Overmars, Bergkamp, Van Der Saar and
Peter Bosz paying off.
Did you not watch United in the Fergie era?

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
So we want Besiktas to win and avoid them next round hoping they get to the final. They'll sure take care of the trouble.

Feck it, let's win the darned thing.

My only concern about tonight is Herrera's yellow.
Yeah I don't really care about what happens elsewhere. Lyon going out would be sweet, but them, Ajax and Celta have some key players in danger of suspensions.

Herrera would be a big miss, but one we would be okay with (Carrick, Fellaini, Pogba). Mkhitaryan has been by far our best player in EL, and with Mata out, I'd say we'd miss him more. And to go to another level, Bailly suspended would mean Rojo-Blind, Rojo-Darmian, Rojo-TFM or Rojo-Tuanzebe. Actually we would probably play with three at the back, Blind-Rojo-Darmian. Still, I'd say Micki and Bailly would be even more important in the possible semis.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
For anyone going to the game tonight, a question from a newbie confused about the trains:

I just have a question regarding the train running to the ground tonight.
I normally get on the train at oxford road, but today there are no trains showing up online. Does anybody know if the train is running to the ground today?
I can't take the tram, I won't catch my last train home if I take the tram.
Thanks for any help

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Some good legs tonight. Gonna watch Schalke vs Ajax & hope the home team can turn it around.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Did you not watch United in the Fergie era?
I think it's a safe bet that I watched more than you did mate. That's where I developed my opinions on how I believe football should be played by Manchester United. Obviously that seems to be at odds with Mourinho's football philosophy but listen we're still on the up, even if it is from a few seasons of underachieving.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think it's a safe bet that I watched more than you did mate. That's where I developed my opinions on how I believe football should be played by Manchester United. Obviously that seems to be at odds with Mourinho's football philosophy but listen we're still on the up, even if it is from a few seasons of underachieving.
That's why I'm not sure why you're dreaming of a day when United play football like the current Ajax side. Presumably you've seen United dominate world football so what you're saying makes no sense.

el3mel

Hope Celta and Besiktas got eliminated. Don't want to face a spanish club nor do I want us to play in Turkey.

Lineups - 2nd legs

top1whoisman

Scout
Fabricio; Gökhan, Mitrovic, Tosic, Adriano, Atiba, Öguzhan, Talisca, Quaresma, Babel, Cenk

Lopes; Jallet, Nkoulou, Diakhaby, Morel; Tousart, Gonalons; Cornet, Tolisso, Valbuena; Lacazette

Last edited:

MadMike

Hope Celta and Besiktas got eliminated. Don't want to face a spanish club nor do I want us to play in Turkey.
But what about a final? Would you prefer a Lyon or a Besiktas in the final (in the scenario where we qualify tonight and avoid the winner of Lyon-Besiktas in the semis)

top1whoisman

Scout
Fährmann; Caligiuri, Höwedes, Kolasinac, Meyer, Goretzka, Bentaleb, Stambouli, Burgstaller, Riether, Nastasic

Onana; Veltman, Sánchez, Traoré, Klaassen, Younes, Schöne, Ziyech, Viergever, de Ligt, Kluivert

Last edited:

el3mel

But what about a final? Would you prefer a Lyon or a Besiktas in the final (in the scenario where we qualify tonight and avoid the winner of Lyon-Besiktas in the semis)
We can beat both on a neutral field imo.

top1whoisman

Scout
#mufc: Romero, Valencia, Bailly, Rojo, Shaw, Pogba, Carrick, Lingard, Mkhitaryan, Rashford, Ibrahimovic

#mufc subs: De Gea, Herrera, Fellaini, Blind, Young, Martial, Rooney

Ruben, Appiah, Mbodjui, Spajic, Obradovic, Deondoncker, Tielemans, Hanni (c), Chipciu, Acheampong, Teodorczyk

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
Ryan, Brabec, Colley, Trossard, Malinovskyi, Buffel, Uronen, Pozuelo, Berge, Castagne, Samatta

Sergio, Hugo Mallo, Cabral, Fontàs, Jonny, Radoja, Wass, Pablo Hernandez, Iago Aspas, Guidetti, Sisto

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Good team.

So who do we want in UEFA Super Cup? Jinx!

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Anderlecht have deserved that. They look like a very tidy side.

The injury to Rojo has upset United a bit.

MullerUtd

Won't be surprised if Besiktas qualifies, they almost made it to the knock-out round of the Champions League if they didn't bottle their last group match. If they do qualify, I hope we don't meet them in the semis. Turkish teams are a pain to play against away.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Christ! I thought Lacazette would have scored here, instead he hit the post!
Kolasinac with some nice crosses in.

top1whoisman

Scout
Besiktas 1(2)-1(3) Lyon (Talisca - Lacazette
Genk 0(2)-0(3) Celta
Schalke 0(0)-0(2) Ajax
United 1(2)-1(2) Anderlecht (Mkhitaryan - Hanni)

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
I don´t know who had a tougher job sugar-coating BS the last eight weeks Sean Spicer or the German commentators of Schalke games.

And they score. LOL.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Goretzka

Let's see how the kids react now