Europa League SF Draw | United vs Roma

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
They have a decent team - Dzeko, Sharawey, Pedro, Mkhi,Pellegrini, Smalling, Ibanez.

Play our full team and we should win. Maguire is a must.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Roma are pretty average, I see aggregate win of 3+ coming.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Smalling's found it harder this season hasn't he?

Mkhitaryan is bound to score, remember he scored against us for Arsenal a few weeks after he left the cnut

Red00012

They have a decent team - Dzeko, Sharawey, Pedro, Mkhi,Pellegrini, Smalling, Ibanez.

Ah no they’re not Dzeko is 35 , Smalling has barely featured all season , 21 points off top in the league sitting 7th

thepolice123

If we can't beat Roma we should end talks about progress.

They have been rubbish this season. Their total wins against the top 6 in Serie A stands at zero. Recently they were also beaten by Parma who will be relegated.

Matriac

They have been rubbish this season. Their total wins against the top 6 in Serie A stands at zero. Recently they were also beaten by Parma who will be relegated.
Way to think positive right after a convincing controlled win tonight.

OverratedOpinion

Not disagreeing at all.

The players you list just seems amusing for some reason. Island of misfit toys.

OverratedOpinion

Way to think positive right after a convincing controlled win tonight.
He is right. Also if we go on a run of not winning a match for a year and Ole starts downing bottles of Jack Daniels on the sideline every week then we should probably evaluate too .

Maybe let's just see what happens.

RkkMan

People are nervous about El Shaarawy in 2021:lol::lol:
If it was 2012 maybe

bond19821982

It's a Semi final. Previous records or current records won't help at all. It's all about how we Perform that day.

OverratedOpinion

People are nervous about El Shaarawy in 2021:lol::lol:
If it was 2012 maybe
I looked it up and he went on loan a bunch of times and then eventually went to the Chinese league before coming back to Rome on a free transfer. He is 28.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Interesting that United got Spanish team (first away) , Italian team (first home), Spanish (first away ) and now Italian (first home ) . Going by this we will get Villarreal if we make the final....

bond19821982

Ah no they’re not Dzeko is 35 , Smalling has barely featured all season , 21 points off top in the league sitting 7th
Liverpool are 22 points off City. Domestic league form has nothing to do here. It's a semi final ffs.

Red00012

Liverpool are 22 points off City. Domestic league form has nothing to do here. It's a semi final ffs.
What the feck has Liverpool and City got to do with it?

When we drew Granada did you say “ it’s a quarter final FFS” :lol:

It’s amazing how some posters cant just say we are better than them we are favourites and we should be heading for a final bar a disaster .

It’s ok to say we are a good side .

Redlyn

Memories of that glorious 7-1 Vs Roma. Except it was the CL.

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
Roma have a terrible record against top 6 in Serie A. They haven’t beaten a single team and have gotten smashed by Lazio, Atalanta, etc.

Fun fact: Since Conte joined Inter (2 seasons), Roma are the only Italian team Inter hasn’t managed to win against.

Bertie Wooster

If we're able to pick our key players (injuries permitting) then we're well capable of beating Roma over two legs. And definitely start as favourites. But it's far from a foregone conclusion and we need to treat the games 100% seriously with our attitude and selection.

Should we reach the final, then I think, over one game, it would be a 50-50 call against either Arsenal or Villareal. I really don't see either of those teams being convincingly beaten, and I think it would be a tight game and tough to call.

It's still all to play for in the competition, with all four decent sides from strong leagues. I make us slight favourites overall, and would be especially surprised to lose over two legs to Roma. But the final, whichever teams get there, is going to be really tight and tough to call and could go either way.

OverratedOpinion

If it isn't 7-1 with Fred curling in a couple of beauties and Shaw scoring a daisy cutter late on then I will be disappointed.

Matriac

It’s amazing how some posters cant just say we are better than them we are favourites and we should be heading for a final bar a disaster .

Yes, I did, and so did many others on here.
So many begging for us to rest the likes of Bruno/Cavani today, but it was a European quarter-final.. if anything would make the opposition raise their game it would be a game like this. (Especially if we insulted them by just playing a 2nd string team.)

But yes, we have been the best team left in the competition ever since we dropped down from CL. But anything can happen in a cup.

bond19821982

Learn to read please.
Because you brought the domestic form to compare a European semi final. If you can't see the relation , then there is nothing I can do.

I did say we are favorites, again - just go back and check it.

autte

Supports
Poggibonsi
Roma have been crippled by injuries this season. Smalling, Kumbulla, Spinazzola, El Shaarawy and Zaniolo (torn ACL) are out, Mkhitaryan and Veretout have just recovered from a month long injury. I don't even know how they survived against Ajax. Without Smalling, Vereout and Mkhitaryan, they're disastrously insecure, with a very inexperienced, error prone backline. Mancini (their best CB) will also miss the first leg.

JSArsenal

Anyone remember when Arsenal-Villareal and Man Utd-Roma were CL matches?

Red00012

Learn to read please.
Because you brought the domestic form to compare a European semi final. If you can't see the relation , then there is nothing I can do.

I did say we are favorites, again - just go back and check it.
How silly of me to bring current league standings in their league into a conversation :houllier:
Seeing as you brought City and Liverpool into the equation City are league leaders and beat Dortmund who are currently 5th in the German League , Liverpool who are 6th in the PL were knocked out by Madrid who are 2nd in La Liga .
But yes , league standings stand for nothing :D

Darkhorsez

I think we will beat Roma - they were fortunate to get past Ajax. Either Arsenal or Villarreal will be a tough final for different reasons. But we have the best squad and should win the competition. The team deserves a cup for all the good play and hard work even though sometimes we have been inconsistent. Here’s hoping!

bond19821982

How silly of me to bring current league standings in their league into a conversation :houllier:
Seeing as you brought City and Liverpool into the equation City are league leaders and beat Dortmund who are currently 5th in the German League , Liverpool who are 6th in the PL were knocked out by Madrid who are 2nd in La Liga .
But yes , league standings stand for nothing :D
And both of them gave City and RM good games.They weren't overconfident like you were in post :)

Irwin99

Roma have been crippled by injuries this season. Smalling, Kumbulla, Spinazzola, El Shaarawy and Zaniolo (torn ACL) are out, Mkhitaryan and Veretout have just recovered from a month long injury. I don't even know how they survived against Ajax. Without Smalling, Vereout and Mkhitaryan, they're disastrously insecure, with a very inexperienced, error prone backline. Mancini (their best CB) will also miss the first leg.

Mkhitaryan played tonight didn't he? I thought I heard Smalling was back for them soon too?

Edit - sorry misunderstood the first part of your post, he's back for them now.

Dante

Average bang
Up against 9th in the Premier League, 7th in La Liga and 7th in Serie A.

If we take this seriously, we should be winning this comfortably.