Europa League SFs | Ajax vs Lyon

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Ajax play Lyon today, it is remembrance day tomorrow in the Netherlands so they will play today and not on Thursday.

Match starts 18:45 CET.

Lets hold the discussion of this match here for the interested ones (and support Ajax while you're at it)!

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Thanks for the reminder, had no idea it was on today

SATA

I gather many are seeing a comfortable Ajax win today to take to the second leg? Lyon aren't very good away and the Ajax youngsters are playing good

Sammyjunn

I gather many are seeing a comfortable Ajax win today to take to the second leg? Lyon aren't very good away and the Ajax youngsters are playing good
Im an Ajax fan but not really, they still have far more quality in their team. If we play to our best it could be comfortable, high pressure, much pace in our play and if we are clinical, then maybe comfortable win.

AXVnee7

Yeah I'll be watching. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but it's a chance to scout the team we may potentially face in the final. I otherwise know very little about both.

Blind

Yeah I'll be watching. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but it's a chance to scout the team we may potentially face in the final. I otherwise know very little about both.
I know very little about them too but they both look like tricky opponents should we reach the final. Ajax have a really promising generation of players coming through and energy in abundance and Lyon have some established talent that will surely move on soon like Tolisso and Lacazette. Should make for an entertaining match tonight.

Sammyjunn

I know very little about them too but they both look like tricky opponents should we reach the final. Ajax have a really promising generation of players coming through and energy in abundance and Lyon have some established talent that will surely move on soon like Tolisso and Lacazette. Should make for an entertaining match tonight.
Lacazette probably isnt fit btw.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
AJAX: Onana, Tete, Sanchez, De Ligt, Riedewald, Klaassen, Schone, Ziyech, Traoré, Dolberg, Younes.

Subs: Boer, Westermann, De Jong, Van de Beek, Nouri, Neres, Kluivert

Celestiale

Would be a huge letdown if Lyon doesn't reach the final in this tie. Gonna be an interesting game, looking forward to watch Ziyech, Dolberg, Tousart and Diakhaby. All great talents that could possibly be great transfers for us in the future (not neccessarily in the summer)

NYAS

That's a very strong Ajax side, probably the best they could have put out except I feel that Kluivert is much more dangerous than Traore.

Baxter

The pressing here from Ajax is amazing. Dolberg 2-0.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Cool finish by Dolberg.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
yessss 2-0 Dolberg

first goal really woke Ajax up and Lyon look rattled

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
so who is the better team to have to face in the final?
Ajax imo. Really young team. They could flap big time but then again that game could turn them all into stars.