Europa Semi Finals

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Bellerin may as well have booked himself on the Bernabeu stadium tour then. Brainless stuff.

Poor Arsene :(

FerociousCorgis

Man ospina is garbage. Clinic there on how not to come out as a goalie. Go down early and get small is pretty much the exact opposite. Did the same on earlier chance for costa.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Not sure what people are going on about. Actually quite enjoyed that half of football tbh.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I'd like to be shocked, surprised and upset but really its all too predictable at this stage.

Kearnkoff69

This is just awful to watch. Such ugly football. Pack the box and hoof long balls hoping for a forward to nick a touch and get through or for the defender to make a mistake. They've been pretty successful playing this style, but I wouldn't want success if it meant playing like this. Thank Costa for the goal, hopefully the game opens up more now.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Doesn't make a huge difference to Arsenal. They needed to score regardless to have any chance of going through

Peanut Butter

Time and time and time again Arsenal get caught out defensively.

Thank god we’ve got Jose.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
The one camera angle caught the goal perfectly/brilliantly. Costa sees what’s happening (before Griezmann gets the ball) a second before Bellerin, who’s caught ball watching - and that gives him that yard or 2 on Bellerin to race on through.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Bellerin has really turned out to be crap.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thats a goal you wont see arsenal scoring.

Like clockwork they are undone by direct purposeful play.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
This might inspire the players to step it up. Don't look like they have much desire and it's a semi-final.

Canagel

United are not far behind
True. They are a better version of us. Whether that's the route we want to take is up for debate but there is already evidence that it doesn't lead to much success. Atletico have come up short in recent tines and this season they didn't get through the group stage of CL.

Rajma

Makes no difference really Arsenal still need to score
What? How does it not change anything? Altetico will be more relaxed knowing that next goal doesn’t eliminate them straight away and Arsenal can’t progress by scoring just one.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Bellerin has really turned out to be crap.
Yeah he is absolutely nothing special. Touted highly as a youngster but now it doesn't look like he's going to progress anymore.

Caius

Not watching the game but Arsenal's xG at half-time is 0.02 :lol: Is that true, basically no attempts at all? Though I'm not surprised against Atletico.
Their best chance just about was Oblak nearly whacking a clearance straight into Lacazette :lol:

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Doesnt change much though, Arse still need a goal.
Of course it changes a lot. Arsenal could get away with a 1-0, while playing low risk. Now they have to take more risks and are more susceptible on the counter attack. Even if they score another goal it goes to extra time and Atletico have the backing of the crowd.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Bellerin looked shaky to me since the start.

redshaw

Has been coming. Arsenal had a decent 25-30 mins then Atletico have come back well.

Feel like Lacazette should've had a shot earlier on. Reminds me of our strikers.

Canagel

Atletico's tactics were very clear from the beginning. Long balls to Costa, bypass the Arsenal midfield and then win the knockdowns. Very clever. They've done their homework. For Arsenal it doesn't change anything. They needed to score before the game and they still need to score now. Not easy against a team who haven't conceded at Home for 11 straight games.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
True. They are a better version of us. Whether that's the route we want to take is up for debate but there is already evidence that it doesn't lead to much success. Atletico have come up short in recent tines and this season they didn't get through the group stage of CL.
Yeah true. Just a league, a domestic cup and two CL finals in the last five six years despite not spending much. Not much success indeed.

Fully Fledged

Doesn't make a huge difference to Arsenal. They needed to score regardless to have any chance of going through
Of course it does. Now they need 2 goals or they go to penalties while before 1 goal would take them through. I don't understand where this idea came from but it needs to disappear.

Zoo

Time for EL legend Mkhitaryan to save them.

montpelier

Arse defence has looked like conceding all half despite coming under very little pressure.

Still in it though, :D.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Of course it does. Now they need 2 goals or they go to penalties while before 1 goal would take them through. I don't understand where this idea came from but it needs to disappear.
Commentators say it all the time too! These are people paid to talk about football.

Kapardin

What Simeone is doing is textbook Mourinho. They got knocked out of the CL because they lacked bite up front. If they had Costa then, I am sure they would have made it to the last 16. I mean, they drew against Qarabag ffs, and that had nothing to do with outdated tactics.

It has nothing to do with defensive football being outdated, Atletico just couldn't score goals. Costa is a fearsome striker, completely transforms a team when he is in it.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Simeone's such a stone cold manager. No room for giving his team into hands of Arsenal with attacking frenzy.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Arsenal will push Atletico further back in the second half but it will be a nightmare to break them down. Oblak hasn't even pulled one of his great saves yet