European football next season | United - Europa League, Chelsea - Conference League, wee club in the north-east - feck all!

PoTMS

Increasingly looking like we'll miss out on Europe altogether. How long has it been since that was the case?

I think it’s for the best, don’t think it did Arsenal any harm being out of Europe for a while.

We finished 7th in 13/14 and had no Europe in 2014/15 season so that was the last time. However 13/14 was good points wise compared to this crappy season.

And deserved that we’ll miss out.
Draw a line and start again under ineos.

Oh I’ll be glad to be honest. The Europa league is ok but feck playing in the conference.

Will come back to bite when we go into pot 3/4 the next time we’re in the Champions League.

I suppose in the event ETH is still in charge it means he can't run certain players into the ground twice a week.

But FFP-wise it's bad news.

Will come back to bite when we go into pot 3/4 the next time we’re in the Champions League.
Doesn't matter so much with the new seeding system. At this point, we need to worry about qualifying not competing for it.

Part of INEOS cost cutting on travel. We're not paying for jets anymore.

Doesn't matter so much with the new seeding system. At this point, we need to worry about qualifying not competing for it.
True, forgot about the new format, I’m sure it’ll lead to harder fixtures. I know what you’re saying but they’re essentially the same thing. I’d suggest most Premier League teams would have gotten out of our group.

The Europa league is a nightmare competition from now on. Its 8 group games and the group stage doesn't end till January. 8 games on the Thurs- Sunday schedule is just too much for any club I feel. Plus its become very difficult to win. Us,Arsenal and the scousers were top 3 teams and still couldnt do it.

Europa league group stages 2024/25

Matchday 1: 25/26 September 2024
Matchday 2: 3 October 2024
Matchday 3: 24 October 2024
Matchday 4: 7 November 2024
Matchday 5: 28 November 2024
Matchday 6: 12 December 2024
Matchday 7: 23 January 2025
Matchday 8: 30 January 2025

I'm going to try and look at it as a positive, extra time to fix this mess.

What are you talking about? I'm fairly confident we will beat City in the FA Cup and qualify for EL. We just beat mighty Crystal Palace.

Seen a post from I think it was Swiss Ramble saying no Europe is better for FFP as we haven't then to meet the UEFA regulations
They claim no Conference football is better alright.

Delighted tbh. At the very least 6 less matches we have to watch.

I hope so, it's time for a reset mentally and physically.

At least it means we will have to get rid of a lot of players.

2014-15 Season. 1981-82 before that but keep the 5-year english ban in mind.
Moyes’ season was much better than this. We missed Europe because Hull City qualified for the Europa League as runners-up of the 2013–14 FA Cup (since FA Cup winners Arsenal qualified for Champions League). The rule has changed, if we lose our final to City then the Europa spot will go to the league table.

Who wants to play in Europa League anyway? After we've won it, I lost all interest in that competition. Plus it's not player magnet so who cares...

14/15 was a real drag with no midweek games.

We also need the money.

We can stil guarantee Europa League with a cup win, there's a couple of threads already on this ffs

Completely fine with that. Not sure ETH should keep his job over it thought.

Who wants to play in Europa League anyway? After we've won it, I lost all interest in that competition. Plus it's not player magnet so who cares...
We’ve signed our most marquee players while in it

When we finish in the CL places we get complacent and sign a load of old shit

We can stil guarantee Europa League with a cup win, there's a couple of threads already on this ffs

Not even Dr. Strange can find a future where we beat Manchester City in the FA cup final

Not even Dr. Strange can find a future where we beat Manchester City in the FA cup final
Thomas 'Tony Stark' Tuchel can. He loves a win over Pep in the cup.

For the best. Interesting looking Swedish ramble post, hope to see a large number of incoming players on the younger side for cheaper this summer. Seems like we will have a good ‘war chest’.

It's perfectly fine considering the state of our squad. It presents a good opportunity to get rid of some of the excess players we have, since we will have a less busy schedule. Then we can hopefully use the next three transfers windows to add younger and better players.

The Europa league is a nightmare competition from now on. Its 8 group games and the group stage doesn't end till January. 8 games on the Thurs- Sunday schedule is just too much for any club I feel. Plus its become very difficult to win. Us,Arsenal and the scousers were top 3 teams and still couldnt do it.
All European competitions are going to follow the same 8-game group stage format now. CL, EL and ECL are the same exact format.