European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Djemba-Djemba

This is so true. My friend who started following football after watching me is barely able to watch full match and is most of the time on phone during the match if it isnt against a top team. This is after 7 years of watching the game. Only in big matches he will be attentive throughout the game but couldn't be arsed to watch games against Burnley or Fulham. People in this forum constitute passionate supporters but they are quite small when compared to global audience.
They're not a proper fan of football then if they can't even watch a full fecking match.

Why on earth are they trying to target fans like that?

Withnail

Wow. Emotionally invested as long as it’s a selective emotional investment. What an odd way of looking at it.
Strange that throughout my Utd supporting life, Utd have always been a glam tie and not only a scalp but the scalp . Strange then that all other clubs and including the likes of Burnley ( founding members of the League) have a huge emotional and historical investment in playing Utd, City, Liverpool etc but now owners who have no idea of the socio-historical knowledge of football in this country think it’s ok to ditch it.
To me it sounds like they don't like football at all.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
That's just not happening though. They need to keep them in the league.

How much is their TV deal worth without them?
They do need them - but I would say that its worth more now then it is in 5-10 years when the competition has been completely devalued to nothing more then a glorified League Cup... moved to weekdays and these clubs leave it to concentrate fully on a full European Super League season.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
The arrogance of the man. :lol:
In another comment, he talks about saving football but in another says "we were ruined".

At least have the balls to say "this makes us more money".

I wonder what happens to him/other ring leaders when they go out. Glazers don't really come here too much (and won't if they've got any sense) but Perez, Agnelli, etc will still go out (eg restaurants) and there's bound to be fans who either support non ESL clubs or support one but disagree (like most of us do).

It's great being mega rich but I wouldn't want to be abused (or worse) when I go out my door. Maybe they just have a shed-load of bodyguards?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
They're not a proper fan of football then if they can't even watch a full fecking match.

Because they are consumer. Seriously this notion that you deserve to be pleased because you are proper supporter is incredibly naive. If large amount of people want something, that is what the corporation will do.

I don't like the idea because I have seen NBA implementation and it sucks. But the model CL wants to implement is absolutely horrible. Don't want bloated games in Europe. I am fine with league having teams of different levels of quality. That's why we have a long season. But in Europe cup competition, I want to see more competitive football. The only problem with this model is that it doesn't allow the founding members to get relegated. That if they find a way to rectify that and stop State and oligarchs from buying clubs , then I am for this. UEFA and Fifa are corrupt to the core and they need to be removed from this.

El Zoido

Can we not just stop this WITHOUT kicking the clubs out of the league and European competition? Everyone is being so hysterical about it.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Same reason Disney/Marvel can rake in billions for making films for people who don't like films.

The Purley King

i had to delete a length insulting post after reading that post :lol:

We've got a lot of great global fans and it's part of this club but seriously get fecked to any that want english football ripped up to make it more convenient or suited to the fact they don't really like football.
I did exactly the same thing - I don't want to be banned :)
I've never been so angry about something connected with football in my entire life. That includes watching 84 crosses against Fulham, Nani getting sent off against Real Madrid and Agueroooooooooooo

EDIT - you can add West Ham away in 92, The Hand of God in 86, Gazza not connecting to the cross against Germany in 96 and numerous others.........

Last edited:

hubbuh

This part cracked me up
"The stuff that excites me most about football:

2. Transfer market. Imagine trading Bruno Fernandes for Harry Kane. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I think that is what us younger fans want to see. Shocking and exciting transfers. Changing team dynamics, etc "
:lol: It's utter madness. They are completely changing football for people that don't like football!!

TsuWave

Same. feck it, let's scorch earth this whole shit show and see what comes out the other side. Tbh, a Premier league with these 6 gone and 6 replacements would be intriguing.
I’m sorry, but I’m not watching premier league without United, and this is exacerbated without the other clubs too. Might catch the odd MoTD, but viewership for this thing would be so poor.

What’s the championship viewership like?

Lyricist

Not sure if it had been posted here before, but Leipzig also want nothing to do with it as they posted 20 hours ago.
So the 3 clubs that will most likely be the most successful in Germany over the next decade don't want it and have officially declined.

Withnail

They do need them - but I would say that its worth more now then it is in 5-10 years when the competition has been completely devalued to nothing more then a glorified League Cup... moved to weekdays and these clubs leave it to concentrate fully on a full European Super League season.
Possibly, I think for all the fighting talk they will look to compromise. The 14 clubs may vote to kick them out but they can't actually do it, as they need 15 clubs to do that. People were wondering why Arsenal/Spurs were included in the 6.Well, there's one good reason.

Adding more weight to the possibility of a compromise somewhere down the line is the fact that UEFA are looking to increase the investment into their new-look CL from 4 billion to 6 billion.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I've never considered not supporting this club. Until right now.

If this happens I'm done with them. I'll give up completely.

I've realised I'm complicit. I buy the shirts, I go to all the games, I buy loads of merchandise, I've got a sky, bt, amazon and mutv subscription. All to watch Manchester united the club I love and have supported for 30 years.

If they do this I'm out. Completely.
I know how you feel. Don't worry though some kid the other side of the world with the attention span of a gnat will.

RooneyLegend

Not all of them will, in the end only 2-3 teams will be good enough every year and since there is no risk not winning this league, no relegation, no missing out on serious financing, the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd will just go through the motions, amassing money and not even needing to invest it in the team.
This doesn't make an iota of sense. Everyone will want to win it like the CL.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Not sure if it had been posted here before, but Leipzig also want nothing to do with it as they posted 20 hours ago.
Basically all of Germany's biggest 3 clubs don't want it and have officially declined.

All seven Leipzig fans around the globe rejoice at you calling them one of the three biggest clubs in Germany.

Djemba-Djemba

This doesn't make an iota of sense. Everyone will want to win it like the CL.
In what way have the Glazers shown in the last 10 years they want us to win the CL?

Their aim post Fergie, and we were only winning the title under Fergie because he's a genius, was to be just good enough to make top 4.

Now we're guaranteed a seat at the big table we're not even going to get that level of ambition.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Basically all of Germany's biggest 3 clubs don't want it and have officially declined.

Imagine being too nakedly greedy and capitalistic for a marketing vehicle of the Red Bull corporation.

RooneyLegend

In what way have the Glazers shown in the last 10 years they want us to win the CL?
They've thrown the kitchen sink at it, we're one of the biggest spenders in world football in that period and we hired some of the mos decorated coaches ever.