European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I wonder what all the consultants and analysts that worked on this Super League project are thinking at the moment.

No doubt that smart people have done their research but the miscalculation truly is something else. This will be studied in universities what went wrong from a PR perspective.

90 + 5min

I think that, putting aside all rivaly, all the supporters against this in all those clubs should be given huge amount of respect for being united for one case.

So well done Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and ManCity fans. Not to forget other fans too.

Reactions: 711

stu_1992

Fecking finally! It took long enough but it's the result we wanted. Good stuff. Not to see what the fallout of this means for our club.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
You know what's really shite with all this in the immediate context, as a Utd fan.

I was so proud of how the club had behaved and handled the COVID situation. I was really enjoying the development of the team, despite being frustrated the past window. I was really excited for the end of the season - both the league run-in and Europa.

Even if we pull out in the next couple of days, the super league nonsense will leave such a sour taste. And completely undermine the 1 trophy we've got a good chance of winning.
Yeah, I've given this some thought. The players and coaches have been playing twice a week since September to get positive results on the pitch and succeed in the very same European competitions that our owners were secretly working to remove us from.

Everything the players and fans have gone through all season and just as we're on the cusp of having a season to be positive about, after years of them fecking it up for us, they find the ultimate way to piss all over it.

The disconnect between the ambitions of the football and money men ends up being the most potent metaphor we've had yet for why they need to get the feck out of this club.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
@BeforeKeanetherewasRobson To be fair, Spurs' statement is probably one of the more shameless ones:

Levy's basically saying that he liked the idea of the SL and wasn't expecting the negative response.
PS. Rereading... better financial fair play... better for the football pyramid?

Piss off Levy you smalltime knob.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I wonder what all the consultants and analysts that worked on this Super League project are thinking at the moment.

No doubt that smart people have done their research but the miscalculation truly is something else. This will be studied in universities what went wrong from a PR perspective.
Absolutely. I just posted that the post mortem of the crisis management will be quite something.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Are any of these wankstain clubs shooting a documentary this season alá ‘All or Nothing’ with Amazon?

It would be a brilliant couple of episodes dedicated solely to this fiasco, wouldn’t it? :drool:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I'm over the moon we've stopped this.

But as long as they're still here, there's the threat they can pull a similar stunt again, only they might get away with it next time.

It's now imperative that we oust them completely.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Well now there is no more guarantee of Europe we can get back to laughing at Liverpools league position!

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
PS. Rereading... better financial fair play... better for the football pyramid?

Piss off Levy you smalltime knob.
He's not wrong about the ffp thing. City will continue to piss all over it, now even more so as they are the new Uefa darling.

financial fair play has to be implemented, football is far from saved

hobbers

I'd have quite liked the SL to limp on (theoretically) with just the bankrupt Spanish and Italian clubs. But meh. Seems like Milan are already out and Atletico will definitely fold tomorrow.

Real, Inter, Juve and Barca the only ones left. :lol:

Anything to prolong Perez's misery.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think that, putting aside all rivaly, all the supporters against this in all those clubs should be given huge amount of respect for being united for one case.

So well done Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and ManCity fans. Not to forget other fans too.
Amen.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
This leaves a sour taste...

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...rada.html?facet=amp&__twitter_impression=true

UEFA offered them money to pull out. So in the end they got their goal, more cash. Rats.
Yeah, that's disgusting. But they've burnt so many bridges that we can turn this against them.

Also, Real Madrid have been fecked over, so that's some small consolation.

I just want to say, Bruno Fernandes is an absolute legend.
Seriously, this is how you become a United legend. Winning trophies only gets you so far.

Theonas

Scout

This really is the part that puzzles me and makes me suspicious that there is still a missing clue. Are we really supposed to believe that the most powerful men in the world failed to hire people who could foresee this reaction? My grandma could have predicted the backlash, and she's dead!

Heyli

Supports
Ajax
I'd have quite liked the SL to limp on (theoretically) with just the bankrupt Spanish and Italian clubs. But meh. Seems like Milan are already out and Atletico will definitely fold tomorrow.

Real, Inter, Juve and Barca the only ones left. :lol:

Anything to prolong Perez's misery.
If they bring it down to 4 teams, they can make it a friendly tournament over summer! Win-win!

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
“Levy thanks the fans for presenting their considered opinions that he definitely did not ask for and was fully prepared to ignore if they had not been vocal enough.”

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I wonder if the last team left after the others have pulled out will have loads of extra stuff to sort out, like being the last one left at a party having to clear everything up.

Imagine there's some weird legal disclaimer that says there has to be a minimum of one team in at any time, so someone is just forever stuck in it.