Music Eurovision 2018 | We have a winner...

El Zoido

This win is less staggering that Portugal’s own win to be fair. That song was plain shit AND boring. At least the Israeli mentioned Pikachu, made strange noises and the song had neat beats.
Yeah but it had a sob story behind it. I can understand that people would give them a sympathy vote. This Israel one though, sheesh. Shite through and through.

Revan

Assumptionman
That's what made me like it honestly. Simple, without unnecessary shit around it.

Although I agree, gay dracula singing opera is just too good for eurovision
Yeah, and while she was hot, it was more like 'the girl next door' rather than the usual stunner which used to win Eurovision every other year.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
She looks ill, someone get her a burger.
A grand victory for Sumo wrestlin!
A chicken burger
She needs to get on slimfast asap
Well done Europe for “accepting unhealthyness”..
She could just lose the weight
Not quite sure which of these are meant as a joke but I'm hoping you all know being fat can be a genetic condition for some people, not necessarily linked to unhealthy eating habits.

I'm no SJW, on the contrary actually, but how are these any better than other bigoted jokes?

Revan

Assumptionman
I mean fat shaming is a bit shit, but you'd think people generally fat shame people because they're fat, rather than Israeli?
There were some smallish anti-Israeli comments, but yeah, for most part it was just fat shaming and more like her being such ridiculous with all the clothes, chicken shit and so on. She was funny though.

Snafu17

There were some smallish anti-Israeli comments, but yeah, for most part it was just fat shaming and more like her being such ridiculous with all the clothes, chicken shit and so on. She was funny though.
Personally I thought she was obnoxious, but here we are. Nobody should loose any sleep over this though (neither making fun of her ridiculousness or her winning), because, you know, it's Eurovison.

I'm not sure in which universe was she diverse though.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Not quite sure which of these are meant as a joke but I'm hoping you all know being fat can be a genetic condition for some people, not necessarily linked to unhealthy eating habits.

I'm no SJW, on the contrary actually, but how are these any better than other bigoted jokes?
That's just not true. All evidence suggests that regardless of genetics obesity can be controlled by... You know... Eating less calories than you burn.

Revan

Assumptionman
Personally I thought she was obnoxious, but here we are. Nobody should loose any sleep over this though (neither making fun of her ridiculousness or her winning), because, you know, it's Eurovison.
Yeah, but she did like a chicken in a theater with tens of thousands of people, so that deserves an applause.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
:lol: Brexit, Trump, and now an Israeli Eurovision triumph!

Is she the first winner from an occupying nation?
Turkey won before I think.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
That's just not true. All evidence suggests that regardless of genetics obesity can be controlled by... You know... Eating less calories than you burn.
Yes, for some people but it's not that simple for everybody. For other people it will mean eating below their normal needs, in other words, eating unhealthy.

Not to mention those who are actually struggling to lose weight, for whom such language will definitely do a lot more harm than good.

I don't get it, are you inferring that fat shaming is OK?? (Just to clarify)

Captain Obvious

Yes, for some people but it's not that simple for everybody. For other people it will mean eating below their normal needs, in other words, eating unhealthy.

Not to mention those who are actually struggling to lose weight, for whom such language will definitely do a lot more harm than good.

Theyre not gonna read these posts, if it was on twitter and aimed at their accounts then of course thats bad. Plus i'm pretty sure everyone here is joking, we all know someone whos overweight but dont really care if they are or not or think of them any less

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

It's not fat shaming. She can't fecking see it. It isn't ok to be fat because it's an incredibly unhealthy addiction. If you can criticise smokers and alcoholics then why can't you criticise fat people too?

Take a joke will you.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
Agreed, even with the genetics the only difference is fat is easily stored or stored at a more faster rate, nothing about not being able to burn it off
I don't disagree. Meaning it will take a lot more effort for them than for you and I to lose the excess bodily fat. Which means if they eat "normal" they most probably remain fat.
So now, if they are happy and with their "normal healthy fat" is it right that they be shamed for it?

Captain Obvious

I don't disagree. Meaning it will take a lot more effort for them than for you and I to lose the excess bodily fat. Which means if they eat "normal" they most probably remain fat.
So now, if they are happy and with their "normal healthy fat" is it right that they be shamed for it?
A high protein/low carb/low fat diet wouldn't make them stay fat if they ate healthy, they'd lose it.

Being happy that youre fat is ok, but that doesnt mean its right. Being fat is literally a disadvantage at life and carries an astonishing amount of health risks. Its nothing to be proud of. Your body is not and will never adjust to it, humans are simply not supposed to be fat.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions
Theyre not gonna read these posts, if it was on twitter and aimed at their accounts then of course thats bad. Plus i'm pretty sure everyone here is joking, we all know someone whos overweight but dont really care if they are or not or think of them any less
How do we know there are no fat people on this forum though?

It's not fat shaming. She can't fecking see it. It isn't ok to be fat because it's an incredibly unhealthy addiction. If you can criticise smokers and alcoholics then why can't you criticise fat people too?

Take a joke will you.
Smokers and alcoholics aren't born with it, they take it up as a habit. I'm referring to those who are fat as a genetic condition.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Theres two types of fat people, those that.........

feck it, we know where that is going.