Music Eurovision 2018 | We have a winner...

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He made multiple said jokes, including calling her a 'creature' and very bravely proclaiming that he'll call fat people fat.
What’s wrong with calling a fat person fat, if they are actually fat?

Is Refcafe going to ban posters for calling skinny people skinny as well?

Should we out right ban the word fat on here and refer to her as the rotund lady or anti-skinny woman instead?

Nobody should come on a board like this and be abused, but getting banned for making a few fat jokes about a heavily over weight person that none of us will ever interact with seems harsh.

Edit: I see that some of the mods have said that the banning was for a collection of things, rather than for just a fat joke, so fair enough :D

Last edited:

Silva

What’s wrong with calling a fat person fat, if they are actually fat?

Is Refcafe going to ban posters for calling skinny people skinny as well?

Should we out right ban the word fat on here and refer to her as the rotund lady or anti-skinny woman instead?

Nobody should come on a board like this and be abused, but getting banned for making a few fat jokes about a heavily over weight person that none of us will ever interact with seems harsh.
People don't need you to point it out to them, if you're taking pride in being a dick to people you've gone wrong somewhere.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
It's a bit funny the uproar over the fat joke in comparison to the "hope Iran nukes Israel" comment.

Snafu17

It's a bit funny the uproar over the fat joke in comparison to the "hope Iran nukes Israel" comment.
Yeah, the whole thing seems a bit weird considering noone bats an eyelid when Rooney, Shaw, Maradona and Ronaldo get called fat cnuts.

Garethw

People don't need you to point it out to them, if you're taking pride in being a dick to people you've gone wrong somewhere.
I was a semi professional bodybuilder and personal trainer a few years back. I’ve worked with more overweight people than most. I would never point out that they were fat. A comment like that usually crushes the very little bit of confidence they have in themselves.

We weren’t talking about calling out someone as fat to their face though were we. We were talking about a fat joke directed at someone that none of us will ever interact with let alone meet.
If he had started calling you or me or any other poster on here fatty or something like that, then it’s different as that is a personal attack and he should be kicked out for it no questions asked.

Garethw

A poster on 4 points picked up a QC warning for having a truckload of crap posts, in this thread and elsewhere. Standard stuff.
Then he certainly deserves the ban. Fair enough mate.

Silva

I was a semi professional bodybuilder and personal trainer a few years back. I’ve worked with more overweight people than most. I would never point out that they were fat. A comment like that usually crushes the very little bit of confidence they have in themselves.

We weren’t talking about calling out someone as fat to their face though were we. We were talking about a fat joke directed at someone that none of us will ever interact with let alone meet.
If he had started calling you or me or any other poster on here fatty or something like that, then it’s different as that is a personal attack and he should be kicked out for it no questions asked.
Even if it wasn't pointed at specific people on the caf, this is a bad post

I will call fat people fat regardless of where they're from. Being fat is a choice

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
The sweepstake results are in!

1. @12OunceEpilogue Israel 529
2. @golden_blunder Cyprus 436
3. @Minkaro Austria 342
4. @Muffled funk Germany 340
5. @SirAF Italy 308
--
10. @Damien Moldova 209

I've heard you've prepared a thank you speech @12OunceEpilogue, the stage is yours.
Thank you for the opportunity.

I was away from the thread last night and in true caf fashion it seems to have descended into complete chaos. However I hope through the slanging match everyone enjoyed the festivities. Personal highlights for me were:

- Estonia's holographic dress (and insane voice)
- Hungary's boy metal (and their one genuinely decent riff)
- The woefulness of the Czech Republic's Poundshop Olly Murs.
- The nice surroundings in which I saw the show; outside on a big screen in front of a fire pit with good friends
- Getting annihilated at said do to the point I was sick in the toilet and out of the car door on my way home

And of course
- The terrible brilliance of my randomly chosen act. Cheers Netta.

Thanks for putting the sweep on @Samid. I hope I'm back next year to defend my title.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan

I don't think that distinction works really well. It makes some kind of difference, yes. But if public vitriol/ridicule is directed against one person for distinct physical features, everybody else with these features knows to be meant as well.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
That was a great dress, it reminded me of that Hunger Games girl on fire scene. I liked her voice as well, I think - or maybe I was just mesmerised by the frock - or at least I liked it more than most of the stuff that aired. Anyway, that's my "once per decade" Eurovision song contest watch done for another ten years.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
That was a great dress, it reminded me of that Hunger Games girl on fire scene. I liked her voice as well, I think - or maybe I was just mesmerised by the frock - or at least I liked it more than most of the stuff that aired. Anyway, that's my "once per decade" Eurovision song contest watch done for another ten years.
That dress and some of the other 'special effects' during the show did have me wondering if there had been a warning for epileptics at the start.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Yup, at the start of the show and before every song with strobe effects. In the UK at least.
We were watching on RAI1 and there was nothing similar :lol:

Shouldn't really be surprised.

Minkaro

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Her voice reminded me of the opera singer in Fifth Element. That dress was so cool, but yeahvery distracting if you're trying to listen to the song.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Thank you for the opportunity.

I was away from the thread last night and in true caf fashion it seems to have descended into complete chaos. However I hope through the slanging match everyone enjoyed the festivities. Personal highlights for me were:

- Hungary's boy metal (and their one genuinely decent riff)
- The woefulness of the Czech Republic's Poundshop Olly Murs.
- The nice surroundings in which I saw the show; outside on a big screen in front of a fire pit with good friends
- Getting annihilated at said do to the point I was sick in the toilet and out of the car door on my way home

And of course
- The terrible brilliance of my randomly chosen act. Cheers Netta.

Thanks for putting the sweep on @Samid. I hope I'm back next year to defend my title.
I compared to him to Olly Murs to my girlfriend. I can't remember what song/video of his that it made me remind me of him. Any ideas?