Music Eurovision 2024

nimic

something nice
Scout
It did? There's no fecking way. There's definitely some chicanery at foot. VPNs and botfarms?
They got a lot of points in all the televotes. You only need a concerted effort by Israel supporters to make it happen. Nobody else is organizing like that to vote for Croatia or Switzerland.

Sweepstake winner New

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Croatia @hobbers
Switzerland @jojojo
Italy @Thaumaste
Ukraine @Lay
Ireland @esmufc07
Netherlands @Andycoleno9
France @RedSky
Greece @Salt Bailly
United Kingdom @a_devil_inside
Lithuania @jasT1981
Georgia @Samid
Belgium @nimic
Armenia @CallyRed
Finland @Hephaestus
Norway @Damien
Sweden @The Cat
Austria @Solius
Slovenia @sallycinnamin
Denmark, Moldova @hellhunter
Spain, San Marino @WR
Czechia, Luxembourg @Leg-End
Portugal, Malta @buchansleftleg
Estonia, Albania @Ole'sgunnarwin
Australia, Poland @groovyalbert
Germany, Azerbaijan @ChrisNelson
Serbia, Iceland @sebsheep
Cyrpus, Latvia @Pexbo

Note: Should the country banned from this sweepstake win the competition, the 2nd place will win the sweepstake.
Congrats @jojojo!

AfonsoAlves

Russia got thrown out for their war in Ukraine, while Israel gets to stay in while genociding Gaza.

People are correctly pointing out the hypocrisy of the EBU, and also wishing the genocidal maniac country does poorly.
Well they should have been banned like Russia was so there's that.
No they should not, and neither should Russia have got banned, that was a farcical decision.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Not worth getting worked up by it. Imagine what the score would have been had there been a Palestinian participant. At least a proper contestant won.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
NW London and Golders Green were on speed dial tonight
Erm.... On a Saturday? I doubt the Hassidic community are breaking the Sabbath for that.

No, this was done by the white, older conservative voters who view Israel as a white, European state standing up to the savage threat of Islam.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I think each individual broadcaster shows theirs (they have to I think?)

Here's the Norwegian one:

That's actually hilarious, the Israel lobby is weaker in Norway than we feared. I was about to comment on Sweden getting 10 points, but then I remembered they were literally Norwegians.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I think each individual broadcaster shows theirs (they have to I think?)

Here's the Norwegian one:

Yeah indeed. Same table, different results of course (I only remember Israel with 10 - not sure of any others)

AfonsoAlves

You're wrong
Actually the opposite.
Ah yes, the whims of collective punishment due to geopolitics extending all the way to .... song competitions, that the average competitor has no way, shape or form or influencing.

The past three months has been very depressing for me culminating with the consulate services ban, especially since i'm starting to doubt if we're any better than the ones we claim are the evil ones.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
From the videos posted I liked the Armenian song a lot more than Swiss, Croatia or France.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
Absolute ignorance.
Remember when the Zimbabwean government dismissed their FA leaders for accusations of corruption and sexual abuse, and the entire country was suspended by FIFA? That's what you want to clamp down on, not waging a massive war and threatening to use nuclear weapons every five minutes.

AfonsoAlves

Absolute ignorance.
If you understood for just a single second what the Ukrainian government has decided to do to its peoples in the past few months, you wouldn't be saying that.
It's exactly what Russia has been doing to it own peoples (sans the invasion).

It's soul destroying.

And then this whole mentality of "Russians are our enemy" shit that the new military leadership has instilled everywhere, it's actually horrible. We've completely ignored the human factor of this. Ukrainians living abroad are getting encouragement to "fight the Russians everywhere"

This is not good, it's not moral and we're sinking to their level.

Smores

Ah yes, the whims of collective punishment due to geopolitics extending all the way to .... song competitions, that the average competitor has no way, shape or form or influencing.

The past three months has been very depressing for me culminating with the consulate services ban, especially since i'm starting to doubt if we're any better than the ones we claim are the evil ones.
I don't agree with your opinion but even If I did I'm not sure innocent bystander theory applies. It was a political song before it got changed, the whole campaign was to 'support Israel' and she's talked about joining the IDF.

You'll see the reaction is for them to claim support now, which I think proves they shouldn't have participated. This isn't banning random sports people, a public vote is far too easily misused for platforming.