Evan Ferguson - Top Irish Prospect

SamVimes

Well that's what I meant, PL tax.

I know he's Irish.
Then say Premier league tax, not English tax. Because when buying English players within the Premier league then is a preconceived notion then is an extra cost.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Then say Premier league tax, not English tax. Because when buying English players within the Premier league then is a preconceived notion then is an extra cost.
This - you never hear the French tax or the Brazilian tax in comparison.

arnie_ni

I believe When buying any player within the PL there is any extra cost. I used the term, calm yout tits

SamVimes

We all know he's Irish. It's in the thread title for those that didn't
Yet he said British and you jumped straight in to interpret what he said as being sarcastic. Not sure how you would know that. Are you guys mates? Not trying to smart about it but as a casual poster I don't interpret other posters comments.

arnie_ni

Yet he said British and you jumped straight in to interpret what he said as being sarcastic. Not sure how you would know that. Are you guys mates? Not trying to smart about it but as a casual poster I don't interpret other posters comments.
I could be wrong but I thought he was taking the piss out of my "mistake"

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Ferguson has a British passport so it’s not factually incorrect to say he’s British. Let’s not jump on someone who doesn’t know the political intricacies to score points

arnie_ni

I am calm. I just pointed out the term to use.
Yep and I've corrected it. I was talking about his club. Not his nationality.

The same way they are selling another player for 111 mil to a rival club if we or any other PL team want him itl cost a bit more than someone else.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
You don't think if we tried to buy isak from Newcastle for example they'd want more from us than say RM?
Nobody would say "English tax" for us buying Isak from Newcastle.

arnie_ni

Ferguson has a British passport so it’s not factually incorrect to say he’s British. Let’s not jump on someone who doesn’t know the political intricacies to score points
I'm from NI. Trust me I know them. I wasn't talking about his nationality but his club. I've corrected it now anyway. Wrong ususgae of the term

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Try telling him that.

Fr. Todd Unctious

Lineker saying Spurs should take a punt on him. Would be big pressure on him though replacing Kane. Not sure if it would be good move at this moment. Another season at Brighton would do him better before moving anywhere IMO

arnie_ni

You're all good. The angry emoji was more tongue in cheek because I thought you were taking the piss :lol:
Complete slip of the tongue (or the typing equivalent). It didn't even register with me what i had said until I seen the other post saying "British tax".

The point I think is correct, if the sell to a team in the PL it will be an astronomical amount.

macheda14

Lineker saying Spurs should take a punt on him. Would be big pressure on him though replacing Kane. Not sure if it would be good move at this moment. Another season at Brighton would do him better before moving anywhere IMO

Also brighton have nooooo need to sell right now.

arnie_ni

They can try but didn't kane go for 85mil stg or so? I don't even think Brighton would come with a counter if they bid that

Gandalf

They probably should but they would need to understand that Brighton absolutely don't need the cash and so they would need to start by taking every penny they got for Kane and then add minimum 25M as an opening bid. That would still probably get knocked back.

SamVimes

It is factually incorrect as he is from Bettystown in County Meath. But you go ahead and tell him he's British

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
It is factually incorrect as he is from Bettystown in County Meath. But you go ahead and tell him he's British
Yeah he’s Irish don’t worry. I just didn’t like a pile on. But your point just now is bizarre as you’re saying people born outside of Ireland can’t be Irish?

arnie_ni

Yeah he’s Irish don’t worry. I just didn’t like a pile on. But your point just now is bizarre as you’re saying people born outside of Ireland can’t be Irish?
Don't worry,.it was my own fault. I think it's been established what I actually meant by now, I'd hope

SamVimes

I am not saying that at all, and I wasn't trying to be smart with the guy. He was raised in Ireland, played for Bohs and is an Irish International. Not sure how you were reading that into what I said.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Lineker should know that the days of "taking a punt" on a PL player like Ferguson are over. You either get priced out forever like Zaha or you move for mega money and the expectations that come with it after a drawn out saga

arnie_ni

Lineker should know that the days of "taking a punt" on a PL player like Ferguson are over. You either get priced out forever like Zaha or you move for mega money and the expectations that come with it after a drawn out saga
Yep. Any young player with big potential coming through will cost a ridiculous amount

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

£100m is not a punt.
Don’t know why people are talking like Brighton would sell him for less than an obscene fee.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Just curious on what grounds he is entitled to a British passport? Aren’t both his parents Irish?

ThanksBoss26

£100m is not a punt.
Don’t know why people are talking like Brighton would sell him for less than an obscene fee.
Absolutely. They've no need to and the player is by no stretch pushing for it, the opposite in fact it seems. They'll take their chances on him going for a massive fee next summer or the one after. I don't think that's changed with the Caceido/Mac Alister money either. I reckon it would have been exactly the same had this been day one of the window.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
A lot of the bigger PL clubs still need a striker next summer. Utd, Arse, Spurs, Chelsea, maybe Liverpool. Can easily see a bidding war where he goes for £150m or something ridiculous if he keeps this trajectory up.

Idxomer

£100m is not a punt.
I don't think he's in any rush either. He seems to have a good plan for his career which likely doesn't involve leaving before he nailed a starting spot for Brighton.

El-Manos

A lot of the bigger PL clubs still need a striker next summer. Utd, Arse, Spurs, Chelsea, maybe Liverpool. Can easily see a bidding war where he goes for £150m or something ridiculous if he keeps this trajectory up.
Well if holjund turns out good surely we don’t ?